DVD system sound problem - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 12:27 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

DVD system sound problem

I've got these headrest DVD screens by Directedsound. And the dvd player in the center counsel. The headset are wireless Directed brand also. I figured out finally how to get eveything working. So my little girl was testing it out on a drive and the sound stopped working after 5 minutes or so, just went to static on both headsets. The truck is LT interior with the factory center counsel with the rear separate stereo behind the counsel. There is a wire which I don't think is factory that is coming out of the counsel and it plugs into the read headphone jack of the factory rear stereo. I did not have that hooked up to run the dvd when it was working. Anybody know about these. Bestbuy want's to charge me $40 every half hour to figure this out.

Thanks
Mike
2004.5 CCLB. 2500HD. LLY. 2WD. Black. Loaded with leather. Headrest DVD system. Curt 20K Fifth Wheel, Gooseneck, Leveled Tow Mirrors, Edge CS, Chrome nerf bars. K&N CAI. Diamond plate aluminum RV chest. Kodiak MP, Cobra CB, LIL WIL antennea.

SOLD
mcrotty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 12:47 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Anybody have any idea?
2004.5 CCLB. 2500HD. LLY. 2WD. Black. Loaded with leather. Headrest DVD system. Curt 20K Fifth Wheel, Gooseneck, Leveled Tow Mirrors, Edge CS, Chrome nerf bars. K&N CAI. Diamond plate aluminum RV chest. Kodiak MP, Cobra CB, LIL WIL antennea.

SOLD
Old 12-05-2012, 07:49 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I’m sorry to read about your situation with the DVD system in your truck, mcrotty. I’m surprised that no one has responded as most of the members are eager to help.

Since Best Buy has quoted $40 per hour to look at this, I recommend calling other car audio companies in or around your area to compare prices or see if they can help you over the phone.

I hope things will get resolved soon so your little girl can enjoy her movies on any holiday trips.

Michelle, GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 08:15 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
This space for rent!
Supporting Member

You might could email gm parts direct w/your vin # and the part number. They should be able to cross reference it to see if it would work. They might even be able to provide any additional parts that are required.
Of course all kinds of other stupid "Sh*t"
------ Yes Koho is a fish, but atleast I don't have Walleye vision ---------
Koho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 07:49 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

I guess I'll keep trying to figure this out. Anybody else?

SOLD
Old 12-25-2012, 03:36 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

still trying to figure this out.

SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.