07 silverado keyless entry - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

07 silverado keyless entry

I bought an 2007 silverado 2500 it doesn't have keyless entry can I just buy a key fob and program it or do I need a aftermarket alarm system thanks joe
flafishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 05:14 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DF Sponsors
Supporting Member

what body style is it....? Is it a 2007 GMT-800 (classic body style) or 2007.5 GMT-900? (new body style)

Does it already have power windows?

-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

Specializing in a wide range of custom electronics and great gadgets for your 2001+ GM full size truck/SUV

Allison torque converter lockup controllers, Allison Tap-Shift kits, digital DSP-5 switches, affordable injector harness repair kits, and much more!

Check out our online store at www.btdieselworks.com and use promo code DMAXFORUM for 5% off all orders!

307.200.9255 - btdieselworks@gmail.com - Be sure to "like" us on Facebook!
duratothemax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 05:40 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Sorry it's a classic with power windows and power locks
Old 12-11-2012, 07:05 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DF Sponsors
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flafishingfool View Post
Sorry it's a classic with power windows and power locks
If it has power windows and locks, you can add it. Im actually surprised it doesnt have it...almost all classic trucks with power windows and power locks come with remote keyless entry by default.

Since you just bought it, Id be willing to bet it actually does have keyless entry, and the previous owner simply just lost all the remotes.......

Look at the glovebox RPO sticker and see if you see the following codes: "AU0" "A31" and "AU3". If you have all three of those codes listed, then your truck already has remote keyless entry and all you have to do is buy a new remote and follow the programming procedure that I listed below...

If it doesnt ahve all three of those codes listed, that means it doesnt have keyless entry, BUT you can add it.......to add it, you'll need to buy the remotes (you can find them on ebay for like $20, make sure you get the proper remote though, for a 2003-2007 pickup), and you might need to have the dealer reprogram/reflash the BCM (body control module) with a Tech 2 to add/activate the keyless entry feature. Im not 100% sure it will need to be programmed though, it might work without being reprogrammed?

To program the actual remotes themselves, follow these steps:

1. Close all the vehicle doors.

2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.

3. Press and hold the door unlock switch.

4. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.

5. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.

6. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.

7. Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters.

8. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.

9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

SO basically what I would do is...buy a remote on ebay. Try the programming procedure I posted above. If it doesnt work the first time, try it again. Then if it still doesnt work, you'll have to go to the dealer and have them reflash the BCM. Depending how nice your dealer is, they might do it for free, or they might charge you the minimum allowable labor time (usually 1 hour or something, which kinda sucks because the actual reflash procedure only takes like 5 minutes)

ben

-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

Specializing in a wide range of custom electronics and great gadgets for your 2001+ GM full size truck/SUV

Allison torque converter lockup controllers, Allison Tap-Shift kits, digital DSP-5 switches, affordable injector harness repair kits, and much more!

Check out our online store at www.btdieselworks.com and use promo code DMAXFORUM for 5% off all orders!

Last edited by duratothemax; 12-11-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:37 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Thanks alot for the info I will let you know how it goes. Thanks afain
Old 12-11-2012, 07:53 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duratothemax View Post
If it has power windows and locks, you can add it. Im actually surprised it doesnt have it...almost all classic trucks with power windows and power locks come with remote keyless entry by default.

Since you just bought it, Id be willing to bet it actually does have keyless entry, and the previous owner simply just lost all the remotes.......

Look at the glovebox RPO sticker and see if you see the following codes: "AU0" "A31" and "AU3". If you have all three of those codes listed, then your truck already has remote keyless entry and all you have to do is buy a new remote and follow the programming procedure that I listed below...

If it doesnt ahve all three of those codes listed, that means it doesnt have keyless entry, BUT you can add it.......to add it, you'll need to buy the remotes (you can find them on ebay for like $20, make sure you get the proper remote though, for a 2003-2007 pickup), and you might need to have the dealer reprogram/reflash the BCM (body control module) with a Tech 2 to add/activate the keyless entry feature. Im not 100% sure it will need to be programmed though, it might work without being reprogrammed?

To program the actual remotes themselves, follow these steps:

1. Close all the vehicle doors.

2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.

3. Press and hold the door unlock switch.

4. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.

5. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.

6. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.

7. Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters.

8. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.

9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

SO basically what I would do is...buy a remote on ebay. Try the programming procedure I posted above. If it doesnt work the first time, try it again. Then if it still doesnt work, you'll have to go to the dealer and have them reflash the BCM. Depending how nice your dealer is, they might do it for free, or they might charge you the minimum allowable labor time (usually 1 hour or something, which kinda sucks because the actual reflash procedure only takes like 5 minutes)

ben
Is that true? If so, that would be great. I only have the AU3 RPO code but have power locks and windows. I read someplace you need to have the AU0 for it to work and I just assumed I was SOL.
1969 Camaro (Still in the Works)
www.performancetruckproducts.com
Wantamax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 08:31 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DF Sponsors
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantamax View Post
Is that true? If so, that would be great. I only have the AU3 RPO code but have power locks and windows. I read someplace you need to have the AU0 for it to work and I just assumed I was SOL.
power windows RPO is A31. You have to have A31 listed there if your truck has power windows....check your sticker again.

If your truck has power windows, you can add remote keyless entry easily.

If your truck has manual windows and manual locks, you basically cant add it (huge PITA), just do an aftermarket setup.

If your truck has manual windows but power locks, same as above, you basically cant add it.

Note this only applies to 2007 and older GMT-800 classic trucks. I dont know about adding keyless entry to 2007.5+ GMT-900's, I would have to do some research.

-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

Old 12-12-2012, 02:53 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Don't see it. But I have power windows and locks. That was a must for me when looking at trucks.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1355352749.508090.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-13-2012, 06:41 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Well I ordered a remote off eBay so we will see if programing it myself will work or not.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:58 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DF Sponsors
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantamax View Post
Don't see it. But I have power windows and locks. That was a must for me when looking at trucks.
Attachment 60333

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
well Ill be, I stand corrected. No kidding. Very strange....is it aftermarket power windows? I wonder why its not listed on the RPO sticker.

-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.