Edge CTS Insight vs overhead gauge pod vs a pillar gauge pod - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: CTS vs Overhead gauges vs A pillar gauges
CTS 41 62.12%
Overhead Gauges 3 4.55%
A Pillar Gauges 22 33.33%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Edge CTS Insight vs overhead gauge pod vs a pillar gauge pod

Just like it says which one do you prefer. I have an 04.5 LLY and I am trying to pick a direction to go with for gauges. Also what are the pros and cons you guys have found with your gauge setups.
FarmerBill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 03:23 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Sub.d
Old 12-13-2012, 03:26 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

I like the idea of having an analog EGT gauge always at eye level, always on. An Insight would make a good addition for checking other parameters or double checking the analog EGT readout from time to time. I tow a lot and keep an eye on exhaust temp, it gives an early warning of potential overheating.
2004.5 GMC SLT 4X4 CCLB LLY Ally, EFI Live V2 & DSP5 by Rob, trans by Mike L, Magnaflow DP, Ride Rites, LBZ turbo inlet mod, AD II 165, po' man CAI, HIDs, stock height, Cognito tie rods, Bilstein 5100s, Isspros, H2 wheels with Toyo OC 285-70-17s, B&W turnover & Companion, Prodigy P3, dog snot on windows......

Sent from my antique HP DV7-4183cl with Radeon HD5470 graphics, Beats Audio and Blu-ray drive.....
ALLY Cat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 07:58 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

I have the CTS mounted in the overhead counsel. Out of the way and out of site from thieves. Nice gauge that monitors a lot of info.
Be aware there are a few issues with the CTS and a few threads on hear. Mine has to be unplugged and plugged back in about one in ten when you start the truck.

LineX bedliner, Nasta SS Nerf Bars, 265/75R16 Revo 2 tires , front windows tinted to match rear, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Bilstien 5100 shocks, MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust, Edge Insight CTS, EFI from ATP.
SGMdmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 08:20 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMdmax View Post
I have the CTS mounted in the overhead counsel. Out of the way and out of site from thieves. Nice gauge that monitors a lot of info.
Be aware there are a few issues with the CTS and a few threads on hear. Mine has to be unplugged and plugged back in about one in ten when you start the truck.
Thats weird that it does that. Is that a common problem? b/c ive had mine for almost a year now and have never had to unplug it for that reason...

But yeah I love my CTS, I have the EGT probe with it, itll chirp at you if the temps are getting too high as well as for any other things that go out of whack
NEDuramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 08:22 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

I've been leaning towards a boost and egt gauge in the overhead console problems like that are part of the reason I'm leaning away from the edge.
FarmerBill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 08:41 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I love my CTS. If i didn't already have an egt gauge i'd run an expandable probe to it in a heartbeat.

I run an analog boost since to read higher psi than the edge and then have the cts also sitting in my pillar.

Absolutely digging this setup

2004.5 LLY Ext Cab 8' ~EFI, Fabtech 6" and much, much more.. SOLD
nvrplzd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 08:50 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

i have three pillar gauges, mechanical i believe.. i trust them, soon i will hav a cts also to monitor more pyrameters.. other than that my pillar gauges havent let me down yet in 2 yrs...i also run a dsp5 switch, kinda think i shoulda went with a monitor to switch tunes with.. overall im satisfied..diff varities will work better than others
auto meter boost/pyro/trans gauges- traction bars- 5'' DE 5" to 7" black mitre cut stack- PPE BIV- AD II 200 lift pump- edge insight CTS- spectre CAI- 45% over injectors- LMM cp3 & FPR -EFI live dsp5 from tony burkhard and danville performance
suncoast stage 4 trans, goerend "ML style" triple disc billet converter
Passin' 35psi on stock IHI with 290k on it
boostnlb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 10:21 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

I have both and couldn't go back to one or the other. CTS w/ mechanical boost and pyro FTW

05 Chevrolet CCSB LLY - ADII, Profab EGR delete, 4" exhaust, Built trans

HUGE Thanks to Diesel Day Dreams

69 Mustang Mach 1
lparrill is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 12:43 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I'm oldschool I like a-pillar.
gold star of excellence award winner 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duraskank View Post
5" = deeper sound. 4" = more of that pissed off two owls havin angry sex dmax sound at WOT.
a proud owner of a pound seven
usafduramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.