Cab Lights Not Working - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 04:24 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Cab Lights Not Working

I have a 07 classic LBZ with smoke black Pacer Performance cab lights. About 3 months ago the lights started turning off and on when I started my truck. sometimes all of them would work and other times the middle bar would not come on. I Think there is a bad ground, but my friend told me that the middle bar might be bad. I haven't tried to replace the bulbs (I wouldn't think they would go out that quick). Can I change the bulbs without having to take the ceiling of my truck down?? I know they are sealed shut.

Any help would be appreciated,I'm new to the Duramax Forum

Thanks!!
Jking2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 07:33 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

i had the same problem, and was the housings were leaking and making a bad connection and the lights wouldnt come on
4" diamond eye with dp
bd full bore manifold
banks air intake with scoop
alpine in dash nav with dvd and backup camera
4 jl audio tens

www.performancetruckproducts.com
zheier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 09:24 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Sounds like either a bad ground or lose or dirty connector, if you slightly pull down the front of the headliner not hard just a bit you should be able to tell if its wet. My dad had the same problem they were leaking a bit and there was a bad ground. Hope it helps
Niclockw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 05:39 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

I appreciate it. Im going to replace the middle bar it has a leak in there some where.

Niclockw..I have an Edge evolution on my truck, has your dad every had problems with
his fuel rail pressure? I got the error code P0087(fuel rail pressure to low) i replaced my fuel filter recently also. I don't run my truck on extreme a lot, I use the programmer for MPG. Should i replace the filter again with a better brand? I used the WSIX ( i think its a
lower end Brand but not sure)
Jking2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.