Stereo stays on after truck is off - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 02:33 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 3
Stereo stays on after truck is off

So when I shut my truck off the stereo stays on along with the gear indicator. It only does it sometimes. When it does this I have to turn the key on and off or start the truck and shut it off again. Sometimes it solves the issue right away sometimes it takes a while. I have an after market deck but this problem just started.... Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks
DMAXTONY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-23-2013, 02:41 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast
 
e46_330i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Youngsville/Wake Forest
Posts: 3,846
It stays on until you open the drivers door


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
__________________
LLY CCSB MAFIA
*EFI DSP5 *Downpipe & Duals *Studded *Deleted *Re-Routed *Plugged *Braced & Sleeved *Stanced *LBZ Parts *Horns *Maintained

Willie @ Synthetic Motorsports
Kory @ PPEI
Eric @ Merchant Automotive
Alligator Performance
e46_330i is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 02:58 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46_330i View Post
It stays on until you open the drivers door


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Even after the door is opened
DMAXTONY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 04:13 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
john2115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: san diego
Posts: 136
Mine does that sometimes, im assuming there is a short somewhere i have just been too lazy to track it down. 80% of the time i open the door and it shuts off the other 20% it stays on for who knows how long. I have to keep turnig the truck on and off until it decides to go off.

Sent from my SGH-T989
__________________
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LLY fully loaded!
-5 inch MBRP exhaust
-LLY AFE mouthpiece
-egr blocker plate
-EFI Live by IDAHO ROB
-6 inch zone lift w/ 5 inch blocks
-35x12.50 Pro Comp Extr. A/T
-17 pro comp flat black wheels
-Cognito UCA's
john2115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 04:17 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by john2115 View Post
Mine does that sometimes, im assuming there is a short somewhere i have just been too lazy to track it down. 80% of the time i open the door and it shuts off the other 20% it stays on for who knows how long. I have to keep turnig the truck on and off until it decides to go off.

Sent from my SGH-T989
Do you just leave it be when it acts up and eventually shuts off?
DMAXTONY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 04:19 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran
 
strutindmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SL UT
Posts: 1,240
Try opening a different door and if it works I believe there's a sensor on the door itself. My does the same shit


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
__________________
04.5 LLY CCSB, EFI blocked, plugged and routed, AFE intake and mouth piece, CTS Insight, 4" Silverline, Fabtech 8 w/ Toyo MT 37, front end built, fully loaded and not enough
strutindmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 04:24 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
it stinks and whistles :)
Lifetime Supporting Member
 
Brennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: newfoundland
Posts: 4,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by strutindmax View Post
Try opening a different door and if it works I believe there's a sensor on the door itself. My does the same shit


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
My mothers old sunfire was doin this and a new door switch fixed it


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
__________________
06 lly,
Efi From ATP trucks,
5" straight pipe, egr blocked, cognito ucas,
rare parts gen2, bilstein 5100s, all season brace,
merchant pump rub fix, drp trans cooler lines.
needs a lift pump
http://performancetruckproducts.com/
Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 04:27 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran
 
strutindmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SL UT
Posts: 1,240
Door lock actuator..... I googled it and DP has a thread. Takes 3 min to change out but the OEM part is 225 from deal. Maybe look at ebay for the part.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
__________________
04.5 LLY CCSB, EFI blocked, plugged and routed, AFE intake and mouth piece, CTS Insight, 4" Silverline, Fabtech 8 w/ Toyo MT 37, front end built, fully loaded and not enough
strutindmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 04:48 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
john2115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: san diego
Posts: 136
Sometimes if im just running into a store real quick and ill get back in and its still on. Most of the time it goes off so that happens very rarely.

Thats a pretty expensive part im sure its cheaper somewhere though. Maybe one day ill get fed up enough and just replace it but for now it doesnt happen enough to warrant me fixing it. My interior lights have a glitch where they dont come on when i open the door im wondering if that is tied into it.

Sent from my SGH-T989
__________________
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LLY fully loaded!
-5 inch MBRP exhaust
-LLY AFE mouthpiece
-egr blocker plate
-EFI Live by IDAHO ROB
-6 inch zone lift w/ 5 inch blocks
-35x12.50 Pro Comp Extr. A/T
-17 pro comp flat black wheels
-Cognito UCA's
john2115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 05:26 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member
 
Capt.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Atmore, Alabama
Posts: 1,170
That's surely the problem.......,

Sent from my MZ617 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
__________________
2013 Silverado 2500HD LML CCSB 4x4 LTZ Trim
EFI Tunes by Kory, ADII 165 Lift Pump, Edge Insight CTS.
Cognito 4-6 lift (5" in front- 3" in rear) with Fox Shox,
Sulastic Shackles, Pittman arm and idler arm braces
Bushwacker Cut-Out fender Flares (Color Matched)
33x12.50 Toyo MT's on 20" Moto Metal Wheels
Recon smoked tail lights w/Recon smoked 3rd brake light
Road Armor Color Matched Bumper with Warn 12,000
Rigid D2 Wide beam and Spot LED lights.
Capt.D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2