4 wd indicator light - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 05:08 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

4 wd indicator light

Anybody ever have a problem with there 4 wheel drive indicator light not lighting on there dash?
LLY,6 INCH LIFT,FOX SHOCKS WITH REMOTE RESEVOIRS,MOOG PITMAN ARM & IDLER ARM,FABTECH TIE RODS,REAR AIRBAGS,18 INCH BOYD CODDINGTON RIMS,12.50X35 OPEN COUNTRY TOYO'S,CAT REMOVED,DEBADGE,5" EXHAUST AND MONSTER MUFFLER,AFE MP,DEEP TRANS PAN,EARL'S LARGER TRANS COOLER,LARGE FLUIDYNE OIL COOLER,AFE COLD AIR INTAKE,AFE MP,3 DOWNPIPE,CUSTOM MADE AIR SCOOP,ONBOARD AIR,TRAINHORN.CTS MONITOR,AUTOMETER PYRO GAUGE, DOUBLE LIMO TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND,6K HID HEADLIGHTS,REMOTE ELECTRIC BEDLOCKER,ELECTRIC TAILGATE LOCK,REVERSE LED LIGHTS
surprise duramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 05:24 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

These trucks do not have them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-27-2013, 06:27 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBrother View Post
These trucks do not have them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Yes they do... the manual transfer case ones light up on the dash.

OP if the light does not come on it could be the cluster it's self or the range switch could be bad. I just had one at work that thought it was always in 4x4 because the range switch on top of the TC was bad. This is all assuming you have the manual TC if it's the push button one then all you get is the lights on the buttons.
2003 2500HD LT CCLB, EFILive by Idaho Rob, 4" MBRP, Diamond Eye Down Pipe, Ported Intake Horn, S&B Intake, PPE Boost Valve, ADII, Nicktane CAT Adapter, Edge CTS, Cognito UCA, Rare Parts Tie Rods, Cognito Brace kit, Bilsteins, Gear Alloy wheels, Hankook RF10 285's, All on Mod, DDM 5k Low's & 4300 Fogs, air horn, on board air, limo tint

www.performancetruckproducts.com
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2013, 08:10 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Thats one thing I dont like about this truck. My 03 1500 has the floor shifter and a dash light that made it obvious that you were in 4 wheel. But this truck has the crappy push button and tiny little lights that are the same color whether youre in 4HI or 2wheel. Poor design. The dash is obviously already outfitted for a light, why not tie it in at the factory.

Dirtymax this, Dirtymax that...
ieetgluu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2013, 11:55 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Someone did a mod for that:

"This will work on all 03 and up full size GM trucks.": 4x4 Indicator on Instrument cluster mod - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Push Button 4x4 With Light on Dash - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums
DSB'd: 2000 F250 Powerstroke ExtendedCab Shorty 4x4.
jblather is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

i have the manual 4wd and my light used to work awhile back, but this winter it no longer works on my truck, i havent looked into it to much but i figured it was the switch on the transfer case not the light because of how little the light is actually lit up it was a slimmer chance it was burned out and no other dash lights are
time to put more money into this one
squeaky3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2013, 03:54 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeaky3 View Post
i have the manual 4wd and my light used to work awhile back, but this winter it no longer works on my truck, i havent looked into it to much but i figured it was the switch on the transfer case not the light because of how little the light is actually lit up it was a slimmer chance it was burned out and no other dash lights are
If you have access to a tech 2 or a good snap on scanner you can command all the cluster lights on to see if it is bad. My overdrive cancel light does not work, but it still cancels. When we had a light that was staying on it would keep the front diff locked at all times, even in 2x4. Found the range switch bad on top of the case and it took care of everything.
2003 2500HD LT CCLB, EFILive by Idaho Rob, 4" MBRP, Diamond Eye Down Pipe, Ported Intake Horn, S&B Intake, PPE Boost Valve, ADII, Nicktane CAT Adapter, Edge CTS, Cognito UCA, Rare Parts Tie Rods, Cognito Brace kit, Bilsteins, Gear Alloy wheels, Hankook RF10 285's, All on Mod, DDM 5k Low's & 4300 Fogs, air horn, on board air, limo tint

www.performancetruckproducts.com
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2013, 11:06 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

My overdrive disengage light doesn't work, either. I wonder if it's burned out....
DSB'd: 2000 F250 Powerstroke ExtendedCab Shorty 4x4.
jblather is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2013, 05:01 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

i actually have a tech 2 at work, just have to remember to give it a try sometime, not to worried about it though, as long as i know i put it in 4wd and take it out
time to put more money into this one
squeaky3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.