Aftermarket Stereo - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 06:52 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Aftermarket Stereo

Hello Ya'll,

Does anyone have any good recommendations (personal experience) on a great aftermarket CD/DVD, motorized 7" display, XM, etc. stereo that works with the stock GM steering wheel control buttons?

Thanks in advance.
LLY, SuperChip Performance Tuner
MBRP SS 4" CAT Back Exhaust
Moto Metal Rims w/BFG 285/75R/16 T/A KOs
TexasBear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2008, 10:00 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Before my Alpine was stolen I loved it. It was an in dash touch screen not a flip out. Looked and worked great, I know for sure that it works with Sirius sat. radio I think it may also work with XM or the stereo shop can get it to work for you. All you have to do to get the wheel controls to work is purchase a module that interfaces with them and the radio. Most good stereo shops will have them on hand and can hook them up for you. My Alpine was the IVA-W200 the current model is the IVA-W205. Alpine also has a high speed I-pod cable that is awesome.
2003 Cummins SC LB
Maverick684 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2008, 11:00 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

X2.....Ill second the alpine. If I ever wanted to remove my Bose system Id get a alpine. I had a niceone in my last truck and loved it.

IMO.... If you get one get insurance with it when you buy it. I got mine from Circuit City and had a warranty with it. I took it in and told them the cd's where skipping and the screen would cut out. So they installed a new laser and screen... Definatly worth the $100.00 extra..

With the buttons. I heard thee was a control unit you can get to have them work. IIRC its a little pricey.
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
Tow Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2008, 09:41 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
RCH

I just purchased the pioneer AVIC-D3 for my wife's Xterra, she really likes it. I plan on buying one for my truck sometime this year. You can buy the XM tuner and the Bluetooth for it as well as a device from Soundgate.com that will allow you to keep your Onstar. I like the navigation features it has as well.
EGR Blocked with Fingerstick
PCV Re-Routed, Fuel Filter Bleeder kit
MBRP 4" SS cat back exhaust
BD performance exhaust manifold
4Wheel Pop-Up Camper
AUX. input for my MP3 Player
RCH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2008, 09:53 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Im Superrrrr!

well personally i like alpines alot......but for they dont look all that great.

When I had my DBI mustang comp car i used a panasonic head unit and i pulled very good with it.

and I have used panasonic since....I am still on the same one since I have had my truck and the last one i had lasted 3 years before i sold the truck. But i use the high end ones from them
jmaz268 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2008, 01:29 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

my choices would be either alpine or eclipse. i have a eclipse double din in my car and before that it was all alpine head units
03 GMC 2500HD LB7 4x4 CCSB | 285/75/16 Hankook DynaPro on PYO | 4" MBRP Cool Duals | PPE High Idle Switch | Efi Live | Recon Line of Fire and Ice | Recon Smoked LED 3rd Brake light | Brite Box Headlight mod High/Low and Fog Light | HID 6k H/L Fogs | PPE BIV | AD165 |Nictane CAT Adapter
Toys-99 Civic Si-Turbo 654hp 453 tq. 11.19@132 mph 1.797 60', 1995 Buell S2, 2009 Buell XB12R Firebolt
gunmetalsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 09:46 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I sell clarion and i like them. I have not found a radio that would take the beating like clarion will. I have a clarion head unit in my truck with polk subs and speakers. never have had a problem with mine. right now i am thinking about buying a head unit like what u whant. If you need a price on a dvd playing head unit with built in 7 inch screen that fold out just pm me with your list and all give you a quote.
Current project-389 pete glider C-16 Stage 2.5 pdi injectors, stage 3 pdi cam, stage 1 tuning,stage 3 turbo, ending hp 850 to the ground!
Id rather be dead then CUMMINS RED!
FH Leader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 12:39 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

I run Pioneer AVIC-D3 touch screen in my dash! GREAT Product and Consumer reports best out there! and you need to buy a separate part so that you can use your steering wheel controls... it was for me like another 70.00 or so
305/55R20 Nittos, 20x9 Devino Kraken Black, RCD Lev Kit with Zink Billsteins, ArmorThane Bedliner, Truxedo Tonneau, Black Step Tubes, LED Big Rig Kit w/Red Wheelwell ExpansionLEDs, Smoked/Black LED EVERYTHING, 4x8000K's, Cowl w/Dmax Emblems
NVMYLLY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2008, 06:37 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

I have a kenwood in mine and I love it but I would definitely recommend pioneer also.The d3/d4 or if you can afford it get the pioneer z3.The steering wheel control module I got is made by peripheral and was about $60.
05 Silverado Ext.Cab SB w/ TB Exhaust,Edge Juicew/attitude,Banks Intake&Intercooler,Airdog II,Camoclad exterior(advantage max4 hd),black grille,steps,and bumpers,lbz MP,Clifford 2-way remote start,a/v system,7" cognito lift+hd tie rods from Nick at Nor-cal Truck w/ 35" pro comp xtreme mud terrains on blacked out 20" kmc monsters

And much more to come .

TO DO LIST: 1.Tranny 2.Insight CTS or Guages 3.EFI LIVE
05toyhauler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2008, 05:36 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Kenwood for sure. Bigger screen than the alpine and with the kenwood you don't have to put in a nav disk everytime you need to use nav. Very user friendly
JAVAJOE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.