iDataLink Remote Start Bypass - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 08:42 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

iDataLink Remote Start Bypass

-I have a 2-in-1 remote start/keyless entry i got for christmas that im wanting to install. I have already picked up the iDataLink Multi Series ADS-DL bypass module.
-How many people on here have successfully installed their own remote starts? I don't know if the module i got is programmed already or not, What happens if its not? Do i have to tie the keyless entry into all the doors (Take all door panels off?) or is that what this iDataLink is for? The remote start has the one wire connection between the iDataLink and the remote start/keyless entry box.
-How hard is it to fully install a remote start? Any websites that can help me out with pictures or a write up or a how to on this?
-How do i program the remote start? If the iDataLink isn't programmed to my truck already, how do i do that? If i install it all correctly and the iDataLink isn't programmed, will my truck still run normally?
-For those of you that have installed your own, what was the hardest part to it?
-The iDataLink ties into the OBD2 port, correct? Will it screw anything up when i tune my truck having that connected?
-Anything else i need to know on this? I would really like to have a remote start with it being cold out and me being on crutches right now.

Zone, BDS, Rare Parts, Rancho, Cognito, Bilstien, Fox, Nitto, American Eagle, Core Racing, Tuff Country, Amp Research, AirDog, PPE, K&N, Quadzilla, MBRP, Kenwood, Kicker, Sub Thump, US Speedo, WeatherTech Auto Meter, AeroForce, AVS, KC, TruxPort, Bushwacker, Alligator Performance, MA
Boreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 08:41 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Bump....Anybody. I would really like a remote start in my truck. But i dont want to go through all the work and find out that my truck wont run normally becuase the bypass module isn't programmed.

Zone, BDS, Rare Parts, Rancho, Cognito, Bilstien, Fox, Nitto, American Eagle, Core Racing, Tuff Country, Amp Research, AirDog, PPE, K&N, Quadzilla, MBRP, Kenwood, Kicker, Sub Thump, US Speedo, WeatherTech Auto Meter, AeroForce, AVS, KC, TruxPort, Bushwacker, Alligator Performance, MA
Old 03-07-2010, 09:33 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Bump!!!...

Old 03-07-2010, 09:38 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Okay the Multi series needs to be programmed to since it is a blank module installers can program it to whatever vehicle they need. Unfortunaly to download the firmare you need a 40-60 usd cord, If there is a 12v shop around that installs them i recommend you take it there so they can flash it, usaully for free, if not you will have to return it and buy a single seris idatalink module, which remote start do you have? Yes it ties into the OBDII which means its databus integration you dont have to splice into door locks or any of that, it reads it all off of the purple wire (2nd pin) from the OBDII some casses you cannot tune your truck unless power to the Autostart is cut off, but that is easily done with a switch, If you need help with this i can provide pictures and more than enought websites for you to complete it

Edit: If you have no other options you could send the Idatalink to me and I can get it programmed for you and send it back

It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a women's separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation.

Last edited by Jonsey181; 03-07-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Jonsey181 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2010, 09:57 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Alright, Thanks for the quick reply. I don't beleive it was programmed to my truck but am not sure. If i install everything and its not programmed, will my truck still start normally? The brand of remote start i have is a Pro Start. Its a Canadian Tire brand that is (Supposed to be) good. Pictures would be great but not necessary. Also, anything else i should really know about this before i atempt to install it?

Old 03-07-2010, 10:05 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

If you bought the multi series which is the ADS-DL then your unit IS blank, it needs to be programmed the simple answer on what it will do if you try to use it is nothing, It wont communicate with your OBDII it wont unlock your doors and it will not start it, you wont be able to program the Unit unless you hook it to the computer with the (Weblink updater cord) The unit will be useless, it wont harm anything It just wont acomplish what you need it to, do you have a website for your autostart? It will make it a whole lot easier if the Auto start has a port to directly attach the Bypass module to

It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a women's separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:15 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Dead beat seller!

i would listen to eric or call idatalink
FREIGHTTRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2010, 10:19 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

ProStart | ProGuard - Total Vehicle Convenience at your Fingertips
That is my exact remote start. It does have a port to directly connect the iDataLink module to the remote start via one wire.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:25 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Then that is all you need, besides the firmware being programmed everything should fit together nicely, If you cant find someone to program it and cant return it let me know my offer is there, and I will give you pictures websites everything you need, where each wire you need to splice into on request if you want them

Old 03-07-2010, 10:31 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Thanks for the offer and you've been a big help so far. If you could PM me with a couple of the websites with the wires i need to splice into and pictures if possible. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.