Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Gauges on touch screen head unit

9K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jpetrini 
#1 ·
I found this when doing an image search for custom Dsp5 installs. Does anybody know anything about it? Has anyone interfaced their gauges and/or tune into their head unit somehow? I'm really wanting this in mine now...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sub!

#4 ·
The Pioneer AppRadio line now interfaces with Dash Command for iPhone/Android to display gauges on the screen. (I'm sure other companies have features like this but Pioneer is the one that came to mind)

Another option is buy one of the eBay android head units and run Dash Command or Torque Pro on it.

Both of these require some sort of OBD2 adapter be it bluetooth or wired.

A third option is some sort of car pc but this get a little more in depth unless you go with a prebuilt option like these guys have (iCarus - Raspberry Pi CarPC | Home)

#5 ·
I have a Kenwood dnn991hd and It has the option to do that if you buy the adapter, but I didn't do it since I have the cts

#7 ·
#8 ·
compatible with NBS trucks and specific radios. radio must have an "idatalink" port listed as an input for the harness to pass gauge info to the radio. you will also have to run CAN high and CAN low wires from the harness to the obdII which MAY cause data collisions with the programer if you have one plugged in there at all times.

iDatalink - Maestro - Maestro RR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.