Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2004 LB7 Fuse Box

9K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ROY FABON 
#1 ·
I have an 04 LB7 recently had some electrical problems my fuse box has been destroyed. After searching the web I found the 1500s, 2500s, 3500s, share the same part# for the underhood fuse junction box wether it's a diesel or gas engine. Can anyone verify that this is true or if there are slight variations in some stuff? I know that the 175amp glow plug spot won't be used in the gas engine but it seems the tab is still there, also reading the image under the fuse box cap it shows information in regards to both gas and Diesel engines. I have saved all the fuses and relays so that's not a big deal.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes, that is true- in 2004 they used the same fuse box for the gas and the diesel engine. Notice there is a place for a 'Fuel Pump" fuse- gas had a pump, but the diesel did not. There will be minor differences depending on the vehicle option package, but should work fine.

#3 ·
Well I confirmed it went to the scrap yard and found a 03 gas truck pulled the fuse box there's a small stud for the glow plug fuse that I found off another truck but had the wrong style box I guess some trucks got the stud in the fuse box and others didn't. Anyhow I pushed it in and setup the fuses the same way my truck was configured and it works. The few I found on eBay were $150+ and others at the junk yard want $100 for a Duramax fuse box but all the 1500s fuse boxes were $55 even tho it's all the same part number lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.