dome lights not coming on with door open? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Gauges, Electronics and Wiring. A place to discuss electronic / wiring issues and what gauges, audio, video, nav systems, lights, ect. are right for you.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 01:59 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

dome lights not coming on with door open?

hey guys,

ive got a minor issue, the dome lights wont come on with the door open, either side. the dome light works when you push the knob up. is their a switch in the door that could be bad? it just seem weird that neither side opening will turn it on.
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2011, 02:04 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Dome override switch is probably on (or off, whatever). It's right next to the headlamp switch.
2002 Silverado 2500HD LB7 FE9 Ext Cab 4x4 LT, Goodyear Wrangler MT/R 285/75R16, Resonator plugged, B&W Turnover ball, LB7 Intake Horn Mod, PPE Airbox mod, Rancho 9000XL shocks, PPE Running Level 3! 4" MBRP Turbo Back,Pillar Mounted Autometer Cobalt Boost and Pyro gauges, PPE Boost Increase Valve

scottdomine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2011, 02:06 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

^^^^ what he said
AD II 165
rerouted and blocked
Diamond eye DP
Some other stuff
yamaha537 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2011, 02:16 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

^ x3. I used to have a 2003 model and this button was a useful tool if you wanted to leave the lights off. Thats what it sounds like to me too.

2008 GMC 2500HD LMM SLT CC SB 4x4 Z71
Buckstop front bumper, WARN M12000 winch, PIAA 520 ATP driving / PIAA 510 fog, Westin Platinum Series nerf bars, Pace Edwards Bedlocker tonneau cover, Cognito UCA leveling kit and HD Idler Pivot Assembly, Cognito Pitman and Idler steering braces, Bilstein 5100's, LT285/70R17 BFG AT KO tires, 17 x 9 XD Series Crank Wheels, 15% Tint Driver/Passenger windows, GM Tow Mirrors, DDM Tuning HID lights 6000K 35W
Georgia Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2011, 04:20 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdomine View Post
Dome override switch is probably on (or off, whatever). It's right next to the headlamp switch.
LMAO ^^^^ I had same problem and had half the truck apart before the wife says"what this do" . I was like wtf, went to bed and put it back together the next day.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:54 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

im a dumba**. it was that button lol. I always over-diagnose things. thanks guys
Old 06-30-2011, 03:05 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Just after driving home in the new (to us) truck a couple weeks ago, we opened the doors to get out and the lights didnt come on (didn't notice this during the daytime when we test drove it) and I was like the lights don't work when you open the doors?!?!? Thats bulls**t!! After getting all pissed off, pulled out the manual looking to see what fuse to check, then I too felt like a dumba**. Since then, I've read EVERY page of that manual to make sure nothing like that happened again haha. We all have our moments.
Bought 6/16/11: 2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Diesel (LBZ), Crew cab, 4x4, Standard box, Bose system, leveling kit, custom paint, leather, tie rod sleeves, 300W Rockford Fosgate Amp & 2 JL 8" subs.
West1134 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.