Inframed engine... Whats it mean? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 08:25 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

Inframed engine... Whats it mean?

Just as the heading says! Im looking into buying a tow truck and saw a international tonight that says "inframed engine" in its description. Anyone know what it means?
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
Tow Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2008, 08:30 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

does it say that it was inframed engine rebuild, because alls that means is that the engine stays in the truck and everything but the crank was replace all the mains should of been replaced tho
tommy469 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2008, 08:33 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

X2. Same as a rebuilt engine. That is how most big rigs are done unless the block is damaged.

So.Cal. Diesel Trucks Member
Armed Forces Club Member

God Bless our Troops and
God Bless America..

GM DRW Club Member #74
Speedpro1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2008, 08:37 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

Hmm ok I have heard that before! Heres really all it said "Description:DT466,inframed engine ,Allison Auto trans" I know the bottom end should of been done so Ill have to call tomorrow and see what happend with it.

Anyone know the difference in International truck motors? I honestly never looked into them before!
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
Old 10-05-2008, 08:46 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Are they not a Ford Product?
-Spary undercarriage
-Sprayed box liner
-Roll tonneau cover
-Complete Tow pkg.
-Reverse camera in box with night vision (to see 5er hitch easier)
-31' Springdale 5th wheel weighing 10k+/Slider Hitch 16k, Firestone 5k Air Helper springs
Banks IQ Ver.1.2 Speed Brake
http://www.getsomeperformance.com
DaleDMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2008, 08:48 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tow Master View Post
Hmm ok I have heard that before! Heres really all it said "Description:DT466,inframed engine ,Allison Auto trans" I know the bottom end should of been done so Ill have to call tomorrow and see what happend with it.

Anyone know the difference in International truck motors? I honestly never looked into them before!
It's the small International motor for medium duty trucks. It's a good motor if the inframe was done right.

So.Cal. Diesel Trucks Member
Armed Forces Club Member

God Bless our Troops and
God Bless America..

GM DRW Club Member #74
Speedpro1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2008, 09:05 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDMax View Post
Are they not a Ford Product?
I think international is international.. More like ford has a international motor? As far as I know atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedpro1 View Post
It's the small International motor for medium duty trucks. It's a good motor if the inframe was done right.
Thats what I was hopping! Depending on the mileage the price is clost to what I want to spend. If it sounds like a good deal Ill definatly have to go and take a look!

I know some of the older international medium duty trucks had the 7.3 that that the Ford trucks had. (like the 4500 kodiak is the same as the 2500 & 3500) Anyone know if this is still true or how to tell the difference?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.