P0087 Code - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 03:25 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

P0087 Code

I have been getting this code occasionally lately on a 90hp tune on my Quad S2. What is this code exactly? I put's the truck in limp mode which is annoying.
I thought it was low fuel pressure, but i checked it when i put it to the floor on the highway. My Desired is about 26000 at WOT and m actual is about 23000-24000 at WOT. So this doesnt seem to low to me?
Any other idea's what it is or how to fix it?
Better not be injector's.

I am going to change my fuel filter and see if it fixes it as my fuel filter does have 5000 miles on it.

Zone, BDS, Rare Parts, Rancho, Cognito, Bilstien, Fox, Nitto, American Eagle, Core Racing, Tuff Country, Amp Research, AirDog, PPE, K&N, Quadzilla, MBRP, Kenwood, Kicker, Sub Thump, US Speedo, WeatherTech Auto Meter, AeroForce, AVS, KC, TruxPort, Bushwacker, Alligator Performance, MA
Boreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 03:29 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

low fuel rail pressure

get a shim kit or race valve and it will stop it from dumping rail pressure at WOT
Old 11-02-2011, 03:34 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

man its weird that alot of people get low fuel pressure code on 90hp my truck didnt run out of fuel till i put it on 135 and it still didnt pop a cel i used to run my truck hard on the 110 daily
2006 CCSB 2500Hd Lt2 LLY DMax, Efi live 150hp Idaho Rob , 5in Straight Pipe 6in Black Tip:rockin, Diamond Eye Dp, Tie rod sleeves, Edge Insight cts, SDP Egr Delete Pipe, Fprv shimmed, Pcv Reroute, All On mod, Blue led's in gauges cluster, Clarion Nx700, 8000k HID's highs/lows/fogs, Rbp Locking Fuel Door, Recons with Led Reverse lights
Name is Sharks06LLY on Duramaxdiesels.com

WishforaDMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2011, 03:38 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishforaDMax View Post
man its weird that alot of people get low fuel pressure code on 90hp my truck didnt run out of fuel till i put it on 135 and it still didnt pop a cel i used to run my truck hard on the 110 daily
I had never got the code on my Bully Dog once even on the 140hp tune, or the PPE on the 225 tune.I got it once on the Quad 135hp tune, now twice on the 90hp tune in the last two day's.
Guess i'll change the fuel filter first, than i guess its time to spend some cash soon.

Will i cause any damage to anything if i keep gettin this code and clearing it until i get a AirDog?

Zone, BDS, Rare Parts, Rancho, Cognito, Bilstien, Fox, Nitto, American Eagle, Core Racing, Tuff Country, Amp Research, AirDog, PPE, K&N, Quadzilla, MBRP, Kenwood, Kicker, Sub Thump, US Speedo, WeatherTech Auto Meter, AeroForce, AVS, KC, TruxPort, Bushwacker, Alligator Performance, MA
Old 11-02-2011, 03:39 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreen View Post
I have been getting this code occasionally lately on a 90hp tune on my Quad S2. What is this code exactly? I put's the truck in limp mode which is annoying.
I thought it was low fuel pressure, but i checked it when i put it to the floor on the highway. My Desired is about 26000 at WOT and m actual is about 23000-24000 at WOT. So this doesnt seem to low to me?
Any other idea's what it is or how to fix it?
Better not be injector's.

I am going to change my fuel filter and see if it fixes it as my fuel filter does have 5000 miles on it.
hey man. my truck did the same thing.. I replaced the fuel filter. and it stopped throwing that code.. lemme know if that is what fixes it for ya!
10k HID Dims and fogs
aFe intake, ATS Tranny, 5" Eclipse Screen
FASS, Cobalt gauges, Race Valve
EGR DELETE PCV REROUTE
EFI Live tuned by Kory Willis
fidget51691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2011, 03:44 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreen View Post
I had never got the code on my Bully Dog once even on the 140hp tune, or the PPE on the 225 tune.I got it once on the Quad 135hp tune, now twice on the 90hp tune in the last two day's.
Guess i'll change the fuel filter first, than i guess its time to spend some cash soon.

Will i cause any damage to anything if i keep gettin this code and clearing it until i get a AirDog?
gonna need to shim it man, shiming is easy and cheap and then when you get your airdog you will be able to run whatever tune you want. but with you saying that im gonna guess fuel filter as well
2006 CCSB 2500Hd Lt2 LLY DMax, Efi live 150hp Idaho Rob , 5in Straight Pipe 6in Black Tip:rockin, Diamond Eye Dp, Tie rod sleeves, Edge Insight cts, SDP Egr Delete Pipe, Fprv shimmed, Pcv Reroute, All On mod, Blue led's in gauges cluster, Clarion Nx700, 8000k HID's highs/lows/fogs, Rbp Locking Fuel Door, Recons with Led Reverse lights
Name is Sharks06LLY on Duramaxdiesels.com

WishforaDMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2011, 03:46 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

your gonna wanna shim it before getting an AD bc it will still dump pressure even with and AD

PPE Release Valve Shim Kit

heres one
Old 11-02-2011, 03:48 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

and all of these are rated differently.

some at the crank, some to the wheels etc..
Old 10-21-2012, 08:13 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

any other reasons to get this code?
truck is stock tuned, has race valve and airdog 165 now and still set this code at holding it wot for a kilometer or so.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:19 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
Hang it!...Fire!
Lifetime Supporting Member

or jsut get the alligator plug. turn up your airdog
Belltech 3inch drop shackles, T Bar bolts all the way out, DDM Tuning 6000k Low/3000k Fog, and about 50lbs of Zipties
TDIpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.