what do you make? - Page 29 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 07:33 AM   eBay Motors  #281 (permalink)

55k a year working on water mains and services for a small private water company that serves 3 city's. I have great bosses and a free work truck and fuel I love what I do!
lbzmax90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 07:41 AM   eBay Motors  #282 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivetts04dmax View Post
I will be getting out of the USMC in about 10 months, I used to work construction and know my way around sheet metal work, I am a diesel mechanic and Allison mechanic in the Corps, I will move back to Missouri and need a job. Anyone know of anything?
First off, thank you for your service!

Hell, with your background in the USMC, open up a diesel performance shop and custom build Allisons! I'm sure you can find a town in Missouri that needs a shop with a professional, military trained mechanic.
Trail Grapplers 285/75R17 Pro Comp 17X8 | Leveled w/Keys | Rancho RS9000XL | Cognito Pitman And Idler Arm Support Kit | Cognito Idler Pivot Assembly | Cognito HD End Links | Fab Tech HD Tie-rods | Tow Mirrors | LineX | Round Nerf Bars | Husky 16K 5th Wheel hitch | Prodigy P2 | Headlight All-On mod | Recon Projector Halo Headlights Smoked | HID's 35W, Fog's(3000K) | LED rear Plate lights | Recon LED 3rd Brake Light Smoked | Recon LED Taillights Dark Red Smoked | AirLift 5000 w/ WirelessAir | TransGo Jr. | Tint 5% rear 50% front | Blacked out Front | Blacked out Rear | Edge CTS | Camera | Small Fender Mod
Waiting to be installed: EGT Probe | Glow Plug #8
BearsZX72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 08:03 AM   eBay Motors  #283 (permalink)

100k+ a year working for the advancement of nuclear power. Contractor for nuclear power generating stations doin major & minor component repair & replacement. About 8-10 months on the road a year + the perdiem daily.
4" mbrp, efi live, 8" lift, 37s,
HeavyChevy2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 08:31 AM   eBay Motors  #284 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsZX72 View Post
First off, thank you for your service!

Hell, with your background in the USMC, open up a diesel performance shop and custom build Allisons! I'm sure you can find a town in Missouri that needs a shop with a professional, military trained mechanic.
Thank you for your support!! I have a buddy that had a shop and I was goin to work for him and had big plans. Things were booming when I was there last, but he moved locations and said it got really slow and he decided to close the doors..hopefully I will be able to find a good paying job, I love wrenching on things or working with my hands..
2006 CCSB LBZ -Cognito 4-6", UCAs, Braces, Kryptonite Front End, Suncoast GMAX6, MA Trans Brace, Pump Rub, Transgo, MagHytec Pans, Magnaflow, Rigid, Alligator, PPEI Tunes, 305/55 Nitto Trails, 20x10 BMF Novakanes

2004 RCLB ZF6 LLY -SOLD
Billet S472, Southbend DD
2004 CCSB LLY -SOLD
kivetts04dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 AM   eBay Motors  #285 (permalink)

You're doing the right thing with the research you are doing. I vote for getti g a degree. If you make sure it is useful first. I got a degree in nursing then went for a masters degree in health care admin. I also got certified to do anesthesia while getting the masters. The pay is different everywhere. If you travel you can make a killing. I am self employed at one hospital and make over 200k. I could do much better on the road but I'm home with the fam every day
Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 AM   eBay Motors  #286 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Dont know if i posted before or not.
Used to make 10k/month until i got hurt. Now im on Workers Compensation making about 10k/4-months and it just doesnt cover anything basically.
Im trying to get into being an MWD Hand/Directional Drilling up here once things pick up a little more and i get a surgery or two done. They make about $900/day (12hr day)

Would definitely love to make what my dad makes. Again, in the oil field (thats where im staying too). He makes about 40k/month grossing. But hes been doin it alot longer than i have.

Proves you dont need a fancy degree to make good money. I didnt go to school after high school, and neither did dad.
But up here, as long as your willing to work (even not in the oil field), 100k/yr+ is nothing for an 18yr old right outta school.

Money is a very powerful thing thats extremely hard to walk away from once your accustom to making it.

Zone, BDS, Rare Parts, Rancho, Cognito, Bilstien, Fox, Nitto, American Eagle, Core Racing, Tuff Country, Amp Research, AirDog, PPE, K&N, Quadzilla, MBRP, Kenwood, Kicker, Sub Thump, US Speedo, WeatherTech Auto Meter, AeroForce, AVS, KC, TruxPort, Bushwacker, Alligator Performance, MA

Last edited by Boreen; 01-06-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Boreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 09:26 AM   eBay Motors  #287 (permalink)

Fracturing if I get 60 hours a week ill make 2000after taxes every 2 weeks plus perdium and bonus pay

2003 LB7 sold
2007 lbz sold
2009 6.4 f350
roxyfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 09:33 AM   eBay Motors  #288 (permalink)
So Long Space Cowboy...
Supporting Member

Now i have bounced from one thing to another (not a good thing lol)
In 2011 I worked four storms as a Cat Adjuster, at 20 y/o made about $96k between april and november (before expenses). I did not manage my money well.
As a construction estimator i made about $50k (and didnt actually get paid most of it- if you live in dallas stay away from JA Construction and Hobbs Roofing and construction).
Then i got into auto sales, so that was about $60k a year. (only at it for 6 months).
Now awaiting a greenlight from the state on a job (more construction) on nights that pays super well for very little work.
Im also in the intwrview stages for Tex farm bureau insurance (i got an offer while at the dealership) to become an agent.

I very seriously recommend going to school. My buddy makes $52k plus commission and quarterly bonuses as a Petroleum Geologis. He just finished getting his bachelors degree about 5 months ago or so.
Im 22 and couldve been done by now, and wish that i would have gone ahead and finished.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using AutoGuide App

Mostly Stock, Deleted, Kory's Tunes, 45% Exergy Injectors, Airdog,
20x10 Stealth Black BMF R.E.P.R.'s Wrapped in 305/50R20 Toyo Proxes ST1's,
Stage 3 Dmaxstore Front End, AGR SB2 Gearbox, Isspro Gauges, and a stock trans...

3rd Coast Diesels- Member #2

Last edited by j.stanton2009; 01-06-2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Petroleum Geologist not engineer!
j.stanton2009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 09:52 AM   eBay Motors  #289 (permalink)

75K a year plus some bonuses

I'm a wrecking superintendent for a demolition company. I wreck all the high hazard structures and run the high reach excavator when we need it
2004 Chevy DRW 4X4 crew cab LB7, Nicktane with Cat filter, Silverline 5" exhaust straight pipe dumped with 6" tip, ported turbo horn, PPE Boost Valve, Ranch hand bumper on the front and custom hauler bed on the back with 108 gallon transfer tank, Edge CTS, EFI live, FASS sittin on Ultra phantom's

DRW CLUB MEMBER #118

3rd Coast Diesels founder

"I'd rather be a fence post in Texas than the king of Tennessee" - Chris Wall
Dboonetx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 AM   eBay Motors  #290 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Not much @ all.

2009 GMC 2500HD SLE CC/SB 4x4 LMM
EFI Live, Edge Insight CTS, EGR disabled, Flo~Pro 4" exhaust w/ muffler & stock trumpet tip, Pacer LED NBS cab lights, Putco yellow bulb fog lights, GM under tailgate dually light bar, Footwell lights, Cobra 29 WXNWST CB radio, Kenwood speakers, Tinted windows, GM chrome oval running boards, WIF sensor delete plug, Fumoto oil drain valve, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Michelin M/S2, PY0 wheels, Rubber mud flaps, Curt class IV hitch, Wilson 2000 CB antenna

2000 Silverado 1500 LS RC/LB 4x2 4.8L (Whoopty/Work Truck)
HD Dmax Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.