Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Two tone paint jobs?

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  vinnie gillotti 
#1 ·
Well Im considering getting my truck two toned but i cant decide how i want to have the pinstripe or divide line. I dont want nothing to flashy nor to simple, so all u goes that have two tone paint job post up some pictures for ideas please lol

Sent from the man cave while taking a shit

#2 ·
hear is a thought: instead of going two tone, how bout rhino line the bottom half, it looks two tone, actually looks good and protects your truck...just a thought, i hate two tone usually

#3 ·
Yes i usual dislike two tone my self my original plan was to change the color to metallic silver but my buddy gave me an idea of how he use to have his back n the day n it looks Damn good

#4 ·
If you go 2-tone, please paint both colors. Ive seen a few that just sprayed a second color over the stock color and it stuck out like a sore thumb. It all depends on how you do it, ive seen some i like and some i didnt. Just search for pics and get an idea what u like.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#6 ·
Yep Thats Wat Im doing the whole truck is getting repainted. Im changing my bottom factory color up a little, going a couple shades lighter and adding more metallic. I think ive got a pretty good idea now on what to do for the lines i hope it looks good. Im freakin anxious to just see my hood on there lol

#5 ·
It depends on how much of each color you want. Personally I think if you are going to two tone it it is best to follow body lines so it flows better. My suggestion would be to either go high (like right below the window where it flows from the front fender) or low (where the body moldings would be). Just my $.02 on the matter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.