Anyone try the cat filter adapter from Aligator? thoughts? - Page 8 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 06:55 AM   eBay Motors  #71 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcloud556 View Post
answered. killed my hard drive on my new computer so i have been sparse the last few days . manged to recover 80gb of data.

back your shit up!!
Yes always back it up!!

I'm a network admin and you would not believe how much important data people think is just safe sitting on a drive. Cloud storage or a file server makes this a much simpler task

Glad you got 80 gb back, that's alot of data
EFI LIVE with locking dsp5 switch tuned by Kory Willis
Edge CTS Insight with pyrometer, MBRP SS Turbo Back 4" exhaust no muffler w/ 5" tip, EGR Block Plate
Transgo Jr, PCV Reroute, Resonator Plugged
joshmundy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 08:06 AM   eBay Motors  #72 (permalink)
Go Green!

Got everything on my 2tb external now.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:52 AM   eBay Motors  #73 (permalink)

Link says product not found?
1984 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
CactusBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 07:01 AM   eBay Motors  #74 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Diesel Performance Parts & Products | Alligator Performance

look at this too. Diesel Performance Parts & Products | Alligator Performance
Old 10-30-2012, 08:13 AM   eBay Motors  #75 (permalink)

I bought this adaptor and I am happy with it. Couldn't beat the price and how easy it was to install. Took literally 10 min.
S&B intake, 4in turbo back exhaust, Diamond Eye DP, EGR Block off, PCV re-route, EFI live (IdahoRob), AD 165, Transgo Jr, Alligator Cat adaptor/filter, Cognito UCA's/pitman/idler arms, Sulastic shackles(WASTE OF MONEY), Billstein struts/stabilizer, Fabtech Tie Rods, B&W turnover ball, Edge insight CTS, Alpine dvd h/u, 4300k HID's, Leveled mirrors, Amsoil fluids, 285/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs
Whiskerbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 08:19 AM   eBay Motors  #76 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

So I just have to ask. Why is it that the other filter adapters require taking the filter head apart and this one doesn't? What is better / worse about this one compared to the others? Obviously a simple spin-on is preferred, but are we giving up any functionality, flow, etc.?
06 CCSB LBZ 4x4 LT3; torsion key lift (leveled); 265/75-16 Pro Comp A/T on OEM wheels (winter), BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain 275/70-18 on XD Diesel 18x9 (summer); MBRP 4" turbo back with Corsa muffler; EGR blocked; Edge Insight CTS gauges; EFI Live DSP2 by Idaho Rob - 80HP DD and 40HP tow with turbo brake (love it!); Rancho 9000XL shocks; updated rear cab mounts; Transgo Jr.; Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves; everything synthetic; Access Tonneau hiding Line-X; tinted windows 5% all around; Tekonsha P3 brake controller; HIR bulbs, more to come soon......
knaffie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 09:44 AM   eBay Motors  #77 (permalink)
Go Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusBob View Post
Link says product not found?
I was having back end issues with that product listing. so i deleted it and started over. which changed the link for it. damn random ass computer glitch.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:51 AM   eBay Motors  #78 (permalink)
Go Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaffie View Post
So I just have to ask. Why is it that the other filter adapters require taking the filter head apart and this one doesn't? What is better / worse about this one compared to the others? Obviously a simple spin-on is preferred, but are we giving up any functionality, flow, etc.?
The theory is that it flows more fuel. Im dont think anybody has actually tested both adapters to see if there is a flow drop or not. I do know that i have seen 700hp twin turbo trucks who still run the factory filter. so the check ball cant be that restrictive.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:35 AM   eBay Motors  #79 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

YES YOU DO NEED TO TAKE THE CHECK BALL AND SPRING OUT!!!!!! Mine ran fine for a couple days, then last night wouldn't start. So in freezing temperatures with a flashlight between my teeth, I took the check ball and spring out and it fired right up.

I called Alligator specifically to ask if you need to take the check ball and spring out and was told no, just spin on the filter and run it. It wasn't hard to do, but I would have rather done it in 65 degree weather in the daylight when I originally installed it.

Alligator will be getting a call today about this. I am pissed.

HUGE thanks to Dane at Mad Jack (where I got the Donaldson filters from) for taking my call and going out of his way to help me out!

MadJack Diesel Performance - MadJack Diesel Performance
06 CCSB LBZ 4x4 LT3; torsion key lift (leveled); 265/75-16 Pro Comp A/T on OEM wheels (winter), BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain 275/70-18 on XD Diesel 18x9 (summer); MBRP 4" turbo back with Corsa muffler; EGR blocked; Edge Insight CTS gauges; EFI Live DSP2 by Idaho Rob - 80HP DD and 40HP tow with turbo brake (love it!); Rancho 9000XL shocks; updated rear cab mounts; Transgo Jr.; Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves; everything synthetic; Access Tonneau hiding Line-X; tinted windows 5% all around; Tekonsha P3 brake controller; HIR bulbs, more to come soon......
knaffie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 08:40 AM   eBay Motors  #80 (permalink)

First time Duramax owner....Happy as the proverbial pig in the poo. Nephew and I both bought 06 LB7's. Diesel filtration however is not a new thing to either of us. Commercial boat captains learn about fuel and water rather quickly.

In my life no truer words ever spoken: "If a diesel engine won't run....it's fuel".

From the Big EMD's down to smoky old Detroit 2 strokes... clean fuel is imperative. That is why most marine applications filter primary to 30 microns and secondary to 2 microns.
Keeping that in mind I ask: What is the factory filter micron rating? 10? If it is, then wouldn't replacing it with a 2 cause it to stop up too soon? I would like to have 30 microns on the suction side and 2 on the pressure side.

Lastly: Napa filters are wix filters.... and they are good.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.