Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Stack.....Under the truck.

9K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  yfzgoody 
#1 ·
Got a wild hair to try something different with my exhaust. Right now I got a 4 in straight pipe dumped over the rear axle with a 6 inch tip angled down and slightly out. Its loud and happy with the way it is right now. I personally am not a fan of stacks in the bed, but if done right I will have to say they look pretty good. Im wanting to take a short, probably 36 in bullhauler or aussie stack and tuck in up under the truck and hopefully angle it enough to come out like most tips do behind the rear wheel. Hope everyone can understand what im talking about. Ive searched the internet but havent been able to find any pics. If anyone has ideas or pics it would be greatly appreciated.....and let me know what you think about my idea in general. I could be setting myself up for a bashing, but I guess its part of it.:thumb

#2 ·
Also opposed to a stack on mine, cuz Im sure the drone/echo would be god awful bad when pulling our horse trailer.

#3 ·
seems like a really expensive tip IMO. but to each his own looking forward to seeing it

#5 ·
Yes. Maybe up just a little higher and more angle down. I know it's an expensive tip, but I'm sure it will make it louder than my short tip is right now. Hoping I might be able to find someone with a cummins selling there's. I think 90% of cummins where I live have stacks. Had one nearly side swipe me today cuz he was paying more attention to how much he smoked instead of driving. The kids a young punk. Ragged out 12v with a stack and tow mirrors. Pretty sure he's got the nuts hanging on the back too. Hmmmmm.....sound familiar?

#6 ·
typical cummins haha, that pick is just miters i believe.

#7 ·
I was thinking along the lines of an aussie or bull hauler. Mainly the bull hauler since its longer after the bend in it. Figured it would give me enough length to get it out the side like im wanting and if its too long, then I can just cut it off. Im afraid the aussie wont get it out there like im wanting and it would still be tucked up under the truck. Do you guys think it would be louder than what I got now. The way I see it is i got like 12" of tip right now acting as a megaphone and if I swap to a stack I would have over 30" acting as a megaphone. It would have to be louder right?

#9 ·
Had one on my... cummins, lol. 6"x36" bull hauler.

#14 ·
just like this....only with it exiting about 6 in closer to tire. thats what im going for.

#10 ·
Oh yeah it was really loud. Check out the mirrors, man I was lost.

#11 ·
that is pretty much exactly what im going for. Maybe not as far back....a little closer to the wheel is all that I would change. I aint got anything against a cummins at all....they are damn good trucks...and thats a damn good looking truck. I always favored the long beds over the short bed. If you got your mirrors flipped up for a reason thats a whole different story than all the trucks around here....you never see ANY of these trucks hooked to anything. I wouldnt want to get out and flip them down and readjust them everytime when I was done towing so I would leave my flipped up...not even gonna lie. But we pull a horse trailer on a regular basis. I love how a couple guys at my work who have cummins gave me a hard time when I came to work one day with mine still extended out...but its ok for them to have theirs flipped.

#13 ·
Points down too much for my taste....if it were angled out where a normal tip exits, thats exactly what im going for. I want it right behind the rear tire tucked up close to the body. Im just trying to figure out if im gonna be able to fit it like I want without having to lose my spare. Its all perfect in my head and makes perfect sense....but a stack aint cheap....im just wanting to see if it could be done before i go out buying stuff.

#17 ·
Yea thats what Im worried about. When I dumped it over the axle it seemed like there was enough room...I got a 6 in tip dumped angled down and out between the spare and the leaf spring. I think it "could" fit....just not sure if Id be able to get it to come out where i want it too. If all else fails i might see about just using a stack to dump over the axle. Like start it before the axle high up close to the bed, and turn it down and out over the axle. Im wanting it louder...but I dont want a stack in the bed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.