Race Valve - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 01:28 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Race Valve

I installed my PPE race valve last night. Took out what i assumed is the OEM part, but looking at them both side by side, i was wondering if i already had a Race Valve installed.
Anyone got a picture of what the OEM Fuel Pressure Relief Valve looks like?
The one i took out looked very close to a race valve. Different marking on top of the pluf tho and a tiny hole in the middle where it goes into the fuel rail.
I will get pictures up soon of the piece i took out and the PPE Valve i put in.
Seems to be holding rail pressure a little easier now and no P0087 Code so far..

Zone, BDS, Rare Parts, Rancho, Cognito, Bilstien, Fox, Nitto, American Eagle, Core Racing, Tuff Country, Amp Research, AirDog, PPE, K&N, Quadzilla, MBRP, Kenwood, Kicker, Sub Thump, US Speedo, WeatherTech Auto Meter, AeroForce, AVS, KC, TruxPort, Bushwacker, Alligator Performance, MA
Boreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 01:46 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
AKA 01 D_Max

Stock

RACE

Or call us... 920-765-1615

SOLD
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD, CC,SB
EFI Live V2 w/dsp5 MAX EFFORT by Idaho Rob,
EGT's Never higher than 1150*
Cognito Braces, and ATP Sleeves, BD Manifold, ARP H.Studs, M.P. mod, MA Aluminum Bleeder, PPE Boost Valve, Banks Ram Air- Intercooler, FASS 150, LBZ FPR, Shimmed FPRV, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust w/6"tip, Corsa Muffler
@180,000-New injectors from Lincoln Diesel, CAT Adapter/filter/spacer

Air Lift, Bilstein Shocks, Leveling Kit, Recon LED tail lights & over cab lights, 20" Forged Aluminum WELD Racing Rims, 295/55/20 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
Aaron@LDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2012, 06:04 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Perfect. Thanks.
Guess it was stock that i took out than.

Zone, BDS, Rare Parts, Rancho, Cognito, Bilstien, Fox, Nitto, American Eagle, Core Racing, Tuff Country, Amp Research, AirDog, PPE, K&N, Quadzilla, MBRP, Kenwood, Kicker, Sub Thump, US Speedo, WeatherTech Auto Meter, AeroForce, AVS, KC, TruxPort, Bushwacker, Alligator Performance, MA
Boreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 01:19 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Stock again...
Lifetime Supporting Member

Just a heads up man.. Thats in there for a reason. Unless you are running a RACE truck I wouldnt suggest a race valve... Mines shimmed on my truck.

08 gmc ccsb lmm
White
All show no go

Thanks to:
Caleb @ Blackout Performance
HDdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 01:40 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDdave View Post
Just a heads up man.. Thats in there for a reason. Unless you are running a RACE truck I wouldnt suggest a race valve... Mines shimmed on my truck.
why is that?
04.5 Silverado LT CCSB 4WD LLY|DSP5 by ATP|SDP Built Trans|MLG Converter|AirDog II 165|Nicktane CAT adaptor|LBZ MP|Husker 5" straight pipe w/6" tip|EGR blocked|PCV Re-route|Shimmed|M/A pump rub fix|M/A Rear Housing Support|Cognito UCA's|DHD steering stabilizer|Tie Rod Sleeves|Traction bars|20x9 BMF Novacane|33x12.50 Toyo Open Country|Triple pillar pod|Cobalt boost/pyro|EDGE CTS Insight|Mini H1 retrofit|B&W turn over|Kenwood DDX512|2 10'' Memphis PR subs|500 watt Memphis PR amp
Turbo upgrade hopefully soon
www.alligatorperformance.com
www.atptrucks.com

www.sdptwins.com
6.0 to 6.6 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 01:47 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Stock again...

On a daily driven truck? I mean your fuels got nowhere to go if anything happens to that pump.. Its just as effective and cheaper to do, and safer. I amost bought a race valve for mine but after talking to several reputable builders and tuners about it I decided against it.

08 gmc ccsb lmm
White
All show no go

Thanks to:
Old 10-21-2012, 01:52 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDdave View Post
On a daily driven truck? I mean your fuels got nowhere to go if anything happens to that pump.. Its just as effective and cheaper to do, and safer. I amost bought a race valve for mine but after talking to several reputable builders and tuners about it I decided against it.
Ok that makes total since. Thanks for setting me straight. Changing my list of mods right now lol
04.5 Silverado LT CCSB 4WD LLY|DSP5 by ATP|SDP Built Trans|MLG Converter|AirDog II 165|Nicktane CAT adaptor|LBZ MP|Husker 5" straight pipe w/6" tip|EGR blocked|PCV Re-route|Shimmed|M/A pump rub fix|M/A Rear Housing Support|Cognito UCA's|DHD steering stabilizer|Tie Rod Sleeves|Traction bars|20x9 BMF Novacane|33x12.50 Toyo Open Country|Triple pillar pod|Cobalt boost/pyro|EDGE CTS Insight|Mini H1 retrofit|B&W turn over|Kenwood DDX512|2 10'' Memphis PR subs|500 watt Memphis PR amp
Turbo upgrade hopefully soon
www.alligatorperformance.com
www.atptrucks.com

www.sdptwins.com
6.0 to 6.6 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 01:54 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
Stock again...

Yeah because I bought a shim kit and had it in the garage for about 8 months because I was too lazy to put it in.. Ended up asking some guys about the race valves and choosing to stay with the shim.

08 gmc ccsb lmm
White
All show no go

Thanks to:
Old 10-21-2012, 01:59 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
AKA 01 D_Max

Yeah Dave... But you really never hear about any failures or issues because of a Race Valve! I can't recall a single issue from it anyway... The theory is good tho, better to be safe than sorry, but I really wouldnt sweat it if I had one...

Or call us... 920-765-1615

SOLD
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD, CC,SB
EFI Live V2 w/dsp5 MAX EFFORT by Idaho Rob,
EGT's Never higher than 1150*
Cognito Braces, and ATP Sleeves, BD Manifold, ARP H.Studs, M.P. mod, MA Aluminum Bleeder, PPE Boost Valve, Banks Ram Air- Intercooler, FASS 150, LBZ FPR, Shimmed FPRV, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust w/6"tip, Corsa Muffler
@180,000-New injectors from Lincoln Diesel, CAT Adapter/filter/spacer

Air Lift, Bilstein Shocks, Leveling Kit, Recon LED tail lights & over cab lights, 20" Forged Aluminum WELD Racing Rims, 295/55/20 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
Aaron@LDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 02:15 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
Stock again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 D_Max View Post
Yeah Dave... But you really never hear about any failures or issues because of a Race Valve! I can't recall a single issue from it anyway... The theory is good tho, better to be safe than sorry, but I really wouldnt sweat it if I had one...
Yeah... I mean I cant argue that. I havent heard of any direct issues caused by it.. Just one of those better safe than sorry things when your dealing with a $15k engine.. haha

08 gmc ccsb lmm
White
All show no go

Thanks to:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.