Diesel or back to gas - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 08:27 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Haha mine is also a crew cab with a 8 ft service bed! It does alright for what it is. I shouldn't bash it too bad. It gets me from A to B. Better than my old 6.4 service truck that left me stranded.

Sent from my Autoguide app.
5" DE, rerouted, debadged, demolded, air dog, stock fuel

Big thanks, Duramaxtuner.com & Kory Willis @ PPEI
TakeEm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 09:18 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

they are good trucks don't get me wrong but definitely no diesel. yeah they get the job done but they just burn more fuel in the process. lol but 6.4 dont get me started on them. the ford dealer told my boss they where the best motor ford has ever made. haha (that was a joke) he got raped on buying them, and will never here the end of that one. all 4 of them dont get anything over 8mpg. i dont see how you get stranded in that truck i find it so hard to believe.

2012 LT blue LML CC/SB 20% tint 6,k hid's N-Fab Nerf Bars, pioneer avh-p8400bh, MBRP 5'', DRP down pipe, EGR block off with DRP up-pipe, H&S MINI-MAXX, DRP 3'' driver side intercooler pipe AirDog 165 built tranz is on the way
wheelie-king is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 09:30 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

I would stick to the diesel, I have the bug and doubt it'll ever let go.

that being said my dad has a 2010 sierra cc/sb with the 6.2 and I got him to get it tuned by Blackbear. Needless to say that thing flat out gets it.
my "build" thread
Raptor color match thread
ATP Trucks
lddrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 09:47 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Go with diesel but better prepare to spend all your money haha

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

Now looking for duramax
jfrewjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 AM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

I am curious as to how many miles you actually have on your truck, and I noticed you said you finally had to motor running good again, just need to finish the front end... I would just finish it, and keep it.

You also said you drive 90 miles to work a few times a week, if that's combined, not bad, if that's 90 miles one way, 180 miles a trip, x2 would add up quick and gassers don't age as good. And if you wanna keep a animal collision front bumper, it would bog down a gas motor....
Insalled: Amp Research, Amsoil, ATS, Autometer, B&W, Back Rack, Bushwacker, Code Alarm, Cognito, DRP, FASS, Goodyear, H&S, Hypertech, Mayhem, MBRP, Plasti Dip, Precision, Ranch Hand, Rearview Saftey, Rhino Linings, Rigid Industries, Rough Country, S&B, Snow Performance, Titan, Warn, Weather Guard

Need the Guts to Install: Frost Fighter.
FireRescue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 06:36 AM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

Do you have access to good gas? I only ask that because I have family in Northern Saskatchewan and they don't always have access to gasoline but diesel is abundant with all the mining and whatnot up there.

2005 ECSB LLY-HDP tuned and built gmax 5, supporting mods
elliottw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 06:50 AM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)
Save Water, Drink Beer
Supporting Member

If I were to look for a new or newer truck, I would consider a gasser in the equation. With all the emissions mess and cost of diesel, Some of the new diesels get worse millage than a gas. If you needed to tow, I would tell you to only look at the diesel. I would weight the ups and downs of both fuels(mpg, maint. cost, etc) and then go from there. Good Luck

Full Bore Exhaust Manifold compliments of BD Diesel.

1987 Corvette

Crazy Larry. Get it Here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?g3mtmmjogkz
Landscapeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 10:45 AM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

I drive 180 miles round trip and gone to the firehouse for three days. I use about a 1/4 tank doing about a 200 mile round trip. Then whatever small trips I take around the house to go fishing or hunting and obviously its not a lot of city sitting at lights very much.

I am averaging about 400 miles to a tank which includes idling when it's 20 or 30 below. The thought of putting more money into a vehicle that I've almost bought twice is really a driving force as too why I'm looking for another truck. Realistically I could get away with probably a 1500 but I don't want the real short bed and would like a crew cab but could do with an extended cab if needed now that the wife has a 2012 equinox we can travel in getting almost 19 mpg.
3rd owner of a 2001 Forest Green Metallic Chevy Silverado LS 2500HD CC LB Duramax LB7 low miles w/PPE Boost Valve, BD Power LH exhaust manifold, Merchant Auto high idle. Firestone Ride rite airbags, Bridgestone 245/75/R16's and siped Toyo Open Country 265/75/R16's :rockin Plan on adding a pyro and boost guage set and eventually a tuner which I am trying to find the right one for my vehicle and price range. Looking for better fuel mileage
Frozenhosehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.