2014 Silverado (artist rendering) - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 07:33 PM   eBay Motors  #21 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I disagree if u want a smooth ride don't buy a hd truck buy a damn Caddy. The ifs front end is weak. I bent both inner tie rods into a 90 degree angle. Atleast put something bigger than tooth picks for tie rods
2004 lb7 ccsb 4x4. Efi live tuned by Rob at ATP, Built trans by Brad at Calvins Auto, Wehrli custom fab s475/stock twin turbo kit, ARP head studs, tie rod sleeves, cognito idler/pitman arm braces, cognito traction bars, airdog 165, turbo horn, LML driver side manifold, cat fuel filter adapter 1r-0749, installed cab lights and tow mirrors. NBS back seats. 6 inch zone offroad lift lowered down and running 305/55/20, optima red tops, Mbrp 5 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust.

Soon to come: Built motor
dieseladdiction23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 07:36 PM   eBay Motors  #22 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I wouldn't say I was ignorant, Juss because ur close minded dont mean everyone else has to be. Juss my opinion
2004 lb7 ccsb 4x4. Efi live tuned by Rob at ATP, Built trans by Brad at Calvins Auto, Wehrli custom fab s475/stock twin turbo kit, ARP head studs, tie rod sleeves, cognito idler/pitman arm braces, cognito traction bars, airdog 165, turbo horn, LML driver side manifold, cat fuel filter adapter 1r-0749, installed cab lights and tow mirrors. NBS back seats. 6 inch zone offroad lift lowered down and running 305/55/20, optima red tops, Mbrp 5 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:39 PM   eBay Motors  #23 (permalink)
DF Sponsors
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseladdiction23 View Post
I disagree if u want a smooth ride don't buy a hd truck buy a damn Caddy.
And if you want solid front axle, then buy a "damn dodge" or a "damn ford" and stop complaining that your duramax has IFS. No one is forcing you to buy a GM.

Quote:
The ifs front end is weak
with a couple hundred dollars in parts, if you leave the truck at stock height (LIKE THE ENGINEERS INTENDED YOU TO) you wont have any problems. I have almost 200k miles on my truck, no lift, with 33" tires, and the front end is all original save for wheel bearings and a pitman arm. I have hundreds and hundreds of 1/4 mile passes on it, so im not easy on it either.

Quote:
I bent both inner tie rods into a 90 degree angle.
thats because your truck is lifted with big tires and didnt have tie rod sleeves, genius.

Quote:
Atleast put something bigger than tooth picks for tie rods
So put sleeves on. Problem solved, for $30.

-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

Specializing in a wide range of custom electronics and great gadgets for your 2001+ GM full size truck/SUV

Allison torque converter lockup controllers, Allison Tap-Shift kits, digital DSP-5 switches, affordable injector harness repair kits, and much more!

Check out our online store at www.btdieselworks.com and use promo code DMAXFORUM for 5% off all orders!

307.200.9255 - btdieselworks@gmail.com - Be sure to "like" us on Facebook!
duratothemax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 07:44 PM   eBay Motors  #24 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Shouldn't have to bring a brand new truck home and put sleeves on it. I'm a chevy man always have been always will be. so I'm not allowed to have a opinion on here. Did u post this up and expect everybody to say Ohhh it's the perfect best lookin truck ever?

Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 PM   eBay Motors  #25 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Oh and it does look like a Colorado haha

Old 11-12-2012, 07:47 PM   eBay Motors  #26 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

And I don't like the lights, needs less chrome, don't like the color, wheels r ugly

Old 11-12-2012, 07:48 PM   eBay Motors  #27 (permalink)
Meyer Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by duratothemax View Post
What the hell? Are you kidding me? It looks nothing like a colorado.
No, I'm not kidding you. In my opinion, I feel that it resembled a Colorado "at first glance". Obviously it isn't a Colorado though.
The life of my truck
Pics of my truck
MBRP, Diamond Eye, EFI live by Kory, FASS, S&B, Autometer, DHD, Magnaflow, ProFab, Banks, Edge, Cognito, Fuel, Nitto

Thanks to Tyler @ www.MeyerPerformance.com 812-344-4421
lutzjk913 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 07:49 PM   eBay Motors  #28 (permalink)
DF Sponsors
Supporting Member

Quote:
Shouldn't have to bring a brand new truck home and put sleeves on it.
so, ford 6.0 owners had to bring their brand new trucks home and put ARP head studs in them. Id rather deal with tie rod sleeves.

Quote:
Did u post this up and expect everybody to say Ohhh it's the perfect best lookin truck ever?
No not at all. You are putting words in my mouth. Im just saying, its silly and flat out ridiculous to make a snap judgement based on some artists rendering. Especially considering it really does NOT look all that different from the 2007-2013 silverados.

-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

Specializing in a wide range of custom electronics and great gadgets for your 2001+ GM full size truck/SUV

Allison torque converter lockup controllers, Allison Tap-Shift kits, digital DSP-5 switches, affordable injector harness repair kits, and much more!

Check out our online store at www.btdieselworks.com and use promo code DMAXFORUM for 5% off all orders!

Old 11-12-2012, 07:51 PM   eBay Motors  #29 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Yeah. I was 100% serious!! With the way GM thinks, they may not change the interior. Who the hell knows!!

Why are you such a in dickhead?? Just because you have a broad knowledge of these vehicles doesn't mean you can or should go talking down to people!!

Everyone is curious at this point!! We all want to see GM succeed and make a bad ass new truck!!!

So quit being a dickhead!

2013 Silverado, Tuned (EFI by PPEI) deleted, 5" straight pipe, FASS Titanium 150, color matched front end, retro'd headlights
(FOR SALE)

My LML Build Thread

Instagram: brolandry

One Big Ass Mistake America
U Can't Cure Stupid

www.performancetruckproducts.com

Shop @ the DMAXstore.com
crazycrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 PM   eBay Motors  #30 (permalink)
DF Sponsors
Supporting Member

Quote:
And I don't like the lights, needs less chrome, don't like the color, wheels r ugly

GM is planning on offering a wide variety of colors, and you can put aftermarket wheels on it.....OMG MIND BLOWN.....!!!!

-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.