EPA Crackdown on H&S? - Page 10 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 05:42 PM   eBay Motors  #91 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDdave View Post
Yea, I don't like him eithier, he can be a bit. . .excessive if you will on his answers, id be better if he would be less harsh or asshole like others are saying, if someone is wrong its no reason to bash them instantly and call them a moron(putting it nicley), he could just ask them y they think that way and then correct them like we do on here most of the time

A little change in the way you react to people can go a long ways
Air Flow:finger vanes, ported turbine housing, BatMoWheel, losend unison ring, ported exhaust manifolds, gasket matched up-pipes
Exterior: Rear Reunel bumper, leveled tow mirrors, HIDs (all on mod), ADP tie-rod sleeves, green tinted headlamp housings
Interior: 2 12" memphis car audio subs, custom sealed box and 2000 watt memphis amp, LED interior, dash and door lights-green, cobalt autometer pyro and boost piller gauges
Best Time: 13.98 @ 93 mph 1.89 60 foot
Work In Progress: 1969 Chevy Nova, built turbo 350, 283ci small block est. 500hp with 7500 rpm redline, caltracs, 4.11 ford 9" rear end, dual 3"exhaust
chevylovinfordtech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 05:57 PM   eBay Motors  #92 (permalink)

H&S Discontinuing production

I was just on the H&S website doing some reading and came across this post in their forum..

"November 13, 2012
Due to our dialogue with governmental agencies within the United States, H&S Performance, LLC has decided to voluntarily suspend production of all tuning devices and EGR/DPF modification kits, effective immediately. Many H&S products and accessories not affected by this situation are still available, and will continue to be available through our dealer network and our website.
We are now working diligently to remedy this situation, and look to again offer tuning products to our customers at the earliest date possible. Rest assured that we are doing everything within our power to move forward and resume product sales, and thank each of our loyal customers for their patience and support during this time.
We at H&S are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality, most innovative products available. H&S products are unrivaled in quality, ingenuity, and technology, and are backed up by the best customer service in the industry. All future H&S products offered will be built upon these same principals, and will be manufactured to satisfy the needs of our auto enthusiast customers. Information concerning the continuation of production of our products will be made available to the public as soon as possible.
Although shipping has been suspended, H&S is committed to providing our existing customers with the highest level of service possible, and will continue to do so without interruption. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time should you require assistance with any H&S product, we are here to help.
Thank you for your continued support of H&S Performance, LLC, the World Leader in Diesel Performance.
Sincerely,
H&S Performance, LLC
4160 S. River Road
St. George, UT 84790"

Anyone else have any knowledge of this? I had planned on waiting until about 10,000 miles before doing the delete but think I might need to jump on buying a programmer earlier?
2013 2500 Grey Denali, Leveled, RBP 94R 20x10 -12, Nitto Terra Grapplers 305/55r20, Amsoil Bypass kit, Airdog 165 with stock filter delete, S&B Dry CAI, Duraflap kickback mudflaps, Romik step bars, Minimaxx, 5" Flo-Pro exhaust, Spyder 5x6" tip, Glowshift fuel pressure, Ride rite airbags
jay_boom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 05:59 PM   eBay Motors  #93 (permalink)
Wide open in neutral
Lifetime Supporting Member

EPA Crackdown on H&S?

"The Blessed Hellride"-08' GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB, 12,000 miles!
Engine-EFI Live, blocked, re routed, air box mod, 3" downpipe, raptor 100 lift pump, amsoil
Trans- Transgo jr. and deep pan
Exhaust- 4" MBRP straight pipe, 5" RBP tip
Suspension- leveled, PAC Brake air bags
Other- Fab fours winch bumper, large fender mod, 17x9 Fuel kranks, 35" Cooper STT's, limo tint, 100 gal. Fuel tank, tool box.
WVRigRat08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 06:14 PM   eBay Motors  #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlegraduate09 View Post
The problem i have in this situation is this.

Diesels ran perfectly fine for many many years before the EPA cracked down so hard. I am a diesel technician and they are hurting ALOT more than they help. Class 8 trucks get horrible fuel mileage, diesel prices are staying high, companies lose money ect ect.

I just dont understand that all the money they make to come up with laws, emissions equipment, testing, and so on. I just feel that the money, the time, the effort could be used in a more positive way. If you ask anybody in california, theres not one thing that doesnt cause cancer. Not just pollution from diesels, but even leaving a water bottle in the sun and drinking it again. To enter California class 8 trucks must have a certified clean idle sticker. Cost is $152 and they do nothing extra to the truck except maybe recalibrate the ECM for fuel delivery or along those lines. (sounds like a money racket) I know my view on this is a little bit off topic but the EPA is cracking down on everything. Putting good hard working people out of work is my issue, not wether or not a 2014 diesel can blow smoke or not. Little off topic, but the rights of citizens are dwindling away. Rather its how you modify your vehicle, or what kind of weapon you wish to carry.

On a side note, i think its the thought process of some posts that piss Ben off the most. And by thought process, i mean not much of any thought at all.Just my opinions.
I agree! There has been an economic impact because of these changes. Increased fuel consumption keeps diesel fuel demand high, and the added components increased the cost of trucks and machinery. I work for an ag equipment dealership, and the increase in initial cost of the tractors alone puts them out of reach for many operators. It affects many goods and services right down to our groceries. Even the EPA has concluded exhaust after-treatment devices cause problems with emergency vehicles like fire trucks and ambulances, and has even allowed the manufacturers to request approval for modifications so the vehicles can operate without issue during emergencies. http://www.epa.gov/otaq/highway-dies.../420f12025.pdf

As for H&S, it was only a matter of time until this happened. It has happened to almost all other U.S. based companies offering delete tuning so far. The internet and smoke blowing has brought on way too much outside attention.
Leroy_454 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 06:16 PM   eBay Motors  #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevylovinfordtech View Post
Yea, I don't like him eithier, he can be a bit. . .excessive if you will on his answers, id be better if he would be less harsh or asshole like others are saying, if someone is wrong its no reason to bash them instantly and call them a moron(putting it nicley), he could just ask them y they think that way and then correct them like we do on here most of the time

A little change in the way you react to people can go a long ways
X2 man
07.5 lmm cc/sb 20 moto metal 962 33 toyo mt, cognito uca's 15% tint all around, EFI live by rob 5 inch straight pipe, egr block off,Pvc reroute, Air Dog, kryptonite center link, rare parts tie rods, cognito braces Piller guages, aligator stage v tranz, youkon grizzly locker, s&b intake, Ma motor mounts/ transfer case brace, cognito traction bars
kawikid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 06:19 PM   eBay Motors  #96 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDdave View Post
Way to reply to the last sentence of my post not the whole thing... Still dodging the subject that noone on here likes you... Just quit posting.. Noone cares what you have to say
I like ben and respect him. He might not come off as the nicest guy but he is almost always in the right. At least the dude aint fake...he is who he is and he shows that. I find it sad people cry and whine about him calling people names, its the in internet who cares. If it bothers them then dont post or come on the forums...its simple...hes got a lot of knowledge and is valuable to this forum.

Big Thanks To Adrenaline Truck Performance, Alligator Diesel PerformanceSocal Diesel and Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Thebiggids is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 PM   eBay Motors  #97 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebiggids View Post
I like ben and respect him. He might not come off as the nicest guy but he is almost always in the right. At least the dude aint fake...he is who he is and he shows that. I find it sad people cry and whine about him calling people names, its the in internet who cares. If it bothers them then dont post or come on the forums...its simple...hes got a lot of knowledge and is valuable to this forum.
Riiiiiight.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
ferdkila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 06:26 PM   eBay Motors  #98 (permalink)
I'm That Guy...

I was clearly late to the show and somehow missed over a page of comments somehow.

CLICK TO READ: FORUM RULES OR DF STAFF!

Thank you Rob Coddens (Idaho Rob), Dustin @ ATP, Scott @ SDP, Kory Willis, and Mike L. for all of your help!

05 LLY CCSB 4wd - Mods coming (Truck Love from ATP Trucks and Copperhead Diesel expected soon)
SOLD: 05 LLY, 05 LLY, 09 LMM, 02 LB7

Build Threads : 2005 Chevy Silverado | 1978 Ford Bronco (Sister Site)
TDFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 06:26 PM   eBay Motors  #99 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDFDiesel View Post
Here's the deal guys... I'll get bashed for this, but we all knew it was illegal and they are enforcing a law that's been in place for a long time. We've used this equipment improperly and then act surprised when we get our hands slapped.

:I'm sure companies will find ways around this, but the attention is on us. Yes, smoke videos and what not have contributed to this attention being on us.
A++++

Big Thanks To Adrenaline Truck Performance, Alligator Diesel PerformanceSocal Diesel and Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Thebiggids is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 06:30 PM   eBay Motors  #100 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8shot View Post
He's talking about a 12 valve cummins. All mechanical fuel injection. No computer controls required to run in fact only a few wires are necessary for them to start and run.

Sent from my old skool Droid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.