EPA Crackdown on H&S? - Page 11 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 07:40 PM   eBay Motors  #101 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by duratothemax View Post
lolz, grass is always greener on the other side, right??? Let me guess, you visited there once on vacation and thought it was cool so that automatically means its all sunshine and roses. "gorgeous women!!!! OMGZZZZOMG". puh-leaze. What, because you met a couple hot austrailian chicks once, that means austrailia is filled with them?? Go to any major city in the US here and there are hot girls everywhere too.

I will admit that I do love austrailian girls' accents, for some reason it makes them hotter. But then again, thats probably just because its something we US citizens arent used to, so its "exotic" and "different".

You like your diesel trucks, right? Well guess what, there are no fking trucks in austrailia. If you want a full size pickup truck like everyone has in the US here, you need to have it converted the RHD, import it, etc... You're looking at around $130k-$150k all said and done to own a Duramax in austrailia.

Go read up on gun control laws in austrailia too.

So now that you are at least a LITTLE more educated, do you still want to move there? Do you still think its "JUST A BIG VERSION OF TEXAS"??? Give me a break...

I find it hilarious, the people who are always all "grass is always greener" are in reality, the most misinformed. But im always up for a challenge. Move to austraila for 5 years. If after 5 years you still think it kicks the USA's ass in every way and is a sick place to live, ill eat my shorts.

ben

correct, american vehicles are pricey as there...Used CHEVROLET cars - Find CHEVROLET cars for sale - CarPoint Australia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 07:47 PM   eBay Motors  #102 (permalink)
Hang it!...Fire!
Lifetime Supporting Member

Like I said before they and any other company offering this type of tuning had it coming and I'm on the side of, it is what it is and we will just have to regroup, come up with a new plan, and move forward on a good note.

That being said the letter from ATS while true, is just ridiculous. The EPA knew what was going on and the letter made it so they were almost forced to do something about it the problem. Whether or not that is what actually happened or not, still seems like ATS went out of their way to dime H&S out on this one. Never was a fan of ATS to begin with but this didn't help their street cred in the diesel aftermarket community
Belltech 3inch drop shackles, T Bar bolts all the way out, DDM Tuning 6000k Low/3000k Fog, and about 50lbs of Zipties
TDIpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 07:48 PM   eBay Motors  #103 (permalink)
GMC..Professional Grade
Lifetime Supporting Member

...........and said letter happened 4 years ago
H&S minimaxx, MBRP downpipe back SS duals, Insight CTS w/backup cam, Fass HD150, PPE rear diff cover, Amsoil front-rear w/bypass, Cognito 4-6 NTBD w/idler/pitman braces, a-arms, Recon smoked cab lights
Titan 57 gal saddle tank, linex color matched bedliner , Trekstep bed steps x2, RBP rail steps, Nitto Mud Grapplers, B&W Gooseneck

---Arizona Diesel Club---
Member #19
it's not just a hobbie, it's an Adventure
KensAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 08:07 PM   eBay Motors  #104 (permalink)

Here is what i take out of this whole thing, ats is a bunch of c*nts they cant compete with shitty over priced products so they want have everyone shut down. Their shit should be boycotted. The epa is basically the modern day gestapo, and we voted that dipshit back in thats gonna feed them the power to do anything they want. They shut down the muscle car era and the govt will shut the diesel performance era down as well. Lets start getting the jump on the next era which could be natural gas

07 gmc lbz ccsb
More aftermarket parts than oem parts
apelineman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 08:27 PM   eBay Motors  #105 (permalink)

I will just stick with my lb7

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 PM   eBay Motors  #106 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
will just stick with my lb7
x2^^
2004 lb7 ccsb 4x4. Efi live tuned by Rob at ATP, Built trans by Brad at Calvins Auto, Wehrli custom fab s475/stock twin turbo kit, ARP head studs, tie rod sleeves, cognito idler/pitman arm braces, cognito traction bars, airdog 165, turbo horn, LML driver side manifold, cat fuel filter adapter 1r-0749, installed cab lights and tow mirrors. NBS back seats. 6 inch zone offroad lift lowered down and running 305/55/20, optima red tops, Mbrp 5 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust.

Soon to come: Built motor
dieseladdiction23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:07 PM   eBay Motors  #107 (permalink)

So does
Anybody think that SCT didn't unveil there tuning at sema bc of the EPA ?
5" Mbrp W/O Muffler down pipe back
H&S MINI MAXX
Rhino Lining
Diamond Eye DownPipe
FASS Titnium Series 95

Garrett
Dm23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:19 PM   eBay Motors  #108 (permalink)
dat lly doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm23 View Post
So does
Anybody think that SCT didn't unveil there tuning at sema bc of the EPA ?
probably, i do know that h&s was approched by the epa last year at sema, but thats as far as that goes

finally figured out what dpf ats is working on, its a removable dpf that can be cleaned by the consumor, none of this regen bs, and can be takin out when headed to the track, sounds good on paper but i think its gonna fail
Air Flow:finger vanes, ported turbine housing, BatMoWheel, losend unison ring, ported exhaust manifolds, gasket matched up-pipes
Exterior: Rear Reunel bumper, leveled tow mirrors, HIDs (all on mod), ADP tie-rod sleeves, green tinted headlamp housings
Interior: 2 12" memphis car audio subs, custom sealed box and 2000 watt memphis amp, LED interior, dash and door lights-green, cobalt autometer pyro and boost piller gauges
Best Time: 13.92 @ 95 mph 1.96 60 foot
Work In Progress: 1969 Chevy Nova, built turbo 350, 283ci small block est. 550hp with 7500 rpm redline, caltracs, 4.11 ford 9" rear end, dual 3"exhaust
chevylovinfordtech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:20 PM   eBay Motors  #109 (permalink)

the problem i see here is that if h&s lets the EPA run them off we are just giving into the power that they dont really have. im not sure how much everyone knows about the EPA but the EPA can not make laws. the legislative branch is the only one that cause make these laws and last time i looked the EPA is not the legislative branch of the government. so correct me if you think that i am wrong, but the legislative branch of the government has said that vehicle manufacturers dpf and def can not be removed for on road use. there for if you buy a dpf or def delete kit for off road use the government cant say anything to them.
and idler arms, fabtech tie rods, banks hot side boost
tube, ATP trucks cat adapter, ppe fprv shim kit, diamond eye turbo direct pipe, drp pcv reroute kit

Too be done soon: fass or raptor lift pump, built trans, possibly a BMW
sledhead11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:25 PM   eBay Motors  #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledhead11 View Post
the problem i see here is that if h&s lets the EPA run them off we are just giving into the power that they dont really have. im not sure how much everyone knows about the EPA but the EPA can not make laws. the legislative branch is the only one that cause make these laws and last time i looked the EPA is not the legislative branch of the government. so correct me if you think that i am wrong, but the legislative branch of the government has said that vehicle manufacturers dpf and def can not be removed for on road use. there for if you buy a dpf or def delete kit for off road use the government cant say anything to them.
Agreed. I really pray H&S has the balls to stand up to them. If they let the EPA scare them out of business, that will be the beginning of the end for those of us who like to modify the the trucks we spent our hard earned money on.

This would no doubt do irreversible harm to the entire aftermarket community, diesel or gas, which is huge.

"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word"
John Steinbeck.

"Govern wisely, and as little as possible"
Sam Houston.

TEXAS FOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.