Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Gas Mileage

4K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  DIRTEEMAX 
#1 ·
Well guys I had my first decent trip with the new truck and averaged 19.5mpg...That sound about right. What's everyone else with LML 's get

#2 · (Edited)
haha that good for you i cant get more then 12.5mpg's with my LML

but every time i've gone on a long road trip i've always had a trailer tho

and FYI just call it fuel. you put gas in your truck you will have a shitty day

#4 ·
well if you do plain on doing the deletes i would say buy the min-max before everyone sell out of them. or the xrt-pro whatever because i would say in about 2 months they are going to be hard go get new!

#9 ·
#10 ·
I saw zero gain after deletes. I'd guess I got 1-2mpg maybe. I'm running no power, and I wanna hear the old girl purr. So ya, I gained nada.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#14 ·
i dont understand what you mean? if your asking what you need for all the deletes, then you will need the following

1.H&S tuner. either min-max or the XRT-PRO they are the same thing but the min has build in gauges

downpipe, either DRP or diamond eye

a full exhaust brand of your choice, and 4'' or 5'' its up to you

than an AirDog pump but you only need that if you wanna run the hot tune WOT

and you will need the unlock code for the dpf delete and thats another 100$

you have to run all the parts together like you cant really put anything 1 thing on without all the other parts

#18 ·
Realistically you might see a 3mpg gain. I'd expect a good mpg tune, easy driving you would be in the early 20s, maybe 25 tops. After that you need to add power adders like water/meth, or propane/CNG to see even further gains. These trucks are about 700lbs heavier than previous.

#25 ·
Im going on the assumption that the lmm/lml have lower fuel mileage then the lb7/LLY/LBZ. What kind of mileage might one expect from the LLY/LBZ on the highway, with no load?
I have a ton of friends and family that drive these trucks and ive NEVER seen anyone hand calc over 22mpg avg on the highway. And that was a rclb LB7 with some goodies.

Mine hand calculates in the 17-18 range with all my mods and driving normal. My uncles stock LML gets 13.2 hand calculated avg city/highway and my friends LMM gets in the 16-17 range.

I highly doubt your getting 19mpg unless your reading the dash or your math is off.

Just sayin..
19-20 isn't unheard of on all hiway trips. Hell I just hand calc'd 20.04 on my tired lb7 last weekend going to from and around deer camp. It was about 90% hiway and 10% gravel roads. Hit a best of 21 with the lmm when I had it.

Its possible. Common? No. Anyone who says they're getting 25+ is always lying unless they never go above 60 and never below 55 for an entire tank lol

Sent from my old skool Droid

I ususally stay out of these threads anymore because of all the experts/haters/doubters but...
nothing new to post just using search:

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/general-discussion/87054-checked-my-mpgs-today.html

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/general-discussion/112924-yet-another-check-my-mpgs.html

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/general-discussion/88569-dp-mag-has-call-out-trucks-sip-fuel.html

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/aftermarket-mods/117788-mpg-improvements-thread.html

#20 ·
Stock on 285s I was at 16mpg at 65 going the 75 miles to work. After the mods I was around 19. With robs +100 DD tune, I can feather 23 to 24 out of her, hand calcutated. The feather part is hard to do because it's way to much fun to drive.:neener

#27 ·
DUDE I KNOW JUST WHAT YOU MEAN !!! :gearjamin

Im actually averaging between 15 and 17 mpg at this point in time .Always hand calculated . I fill up at 1/4 tank so its cheaper lol .. I know I know Its not cheaper but at least im not sucking up the crap or air .But most tanks are 16mpg .. my trucks lifted 4'' and has 295's on it. I will say that before I got my new injectors and Robs tunes I was getting 10mpg if I was lucky .

#21 ·
Where is Ben at?!

I have a ton of friends and family that drive these trucks and ive NEVER seen anyone hand calc over 22mpg avg on the highway. And that was a rclb LB7 with some goodies.

Mine hand calculates in the 17-18 range with all my mods and driving normal. My uncles stock LML gets 13.2 hand calculated avg city/highway and my friends LMM gets in the 16-17 range.

I highly doubt your getting 19mpg unless your reading the dash or your math is off.

Just sayin..

#22 ·
19-20 isn't unheard of on all hiway trips. Hell I just hand calc'd 20.04 on my tired lb7 last weekend going to from and around deer camp. It was about 90% hiway and 10% gravel roads. Hit a best of 21 with the lmm when I had it.

Its possible. Common? No. Anyone who says they're getting 25+ is always lying unless they never go above 60 and never below 55 for an entire tank lol

Sent from my old skool Droid

#23 ·
The older trucks should be slightly better. No emissions, and higher compression. Once tuned they should get 1-2 more then lmm lml.

#24 ·
You cant hop on the highway hit reset and drive a fue hundred miles and think thats your milage. You need to do it over 3 tank fulls at least to be accurate. When at highway speed you rarely go into regen like you do in real life . I can hit reset when on the highway at 55mph going downhill and get a reading of 34.5 so should I start a thread saying I get over 34 mpg?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.