Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

High flow, low restriction, DPFs?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  N49ATV 
#1 ·
Well, as we are seeing a crack down on H&S, it's only going to get worse. Even if we get through this stint, it will be back in a few years if not sooner. When will we see aftermarket performance emissions compliant parts? It's only going to go that way. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#2 ·
My thoughts? When you can't mod your truck to suit your wants without going to jail... I'll be selling everything and buyin a new raptor. Heck with it cause it won't be worth the hassle by then

#4 ·
I'm in Canada, hence why I have nothing in my truck. I just see the market going that way in the next few years.

#6 ·
I don't think anything ever came of that ATS high Flo dpf. That was 5 years ago when they said they were working on it and they would have had it out by now if they had anything.

I don't know that there will be any such thing as a high flow dpf. They way they work is by passing the exhaust through microscopic passages too small for the soot to get through. Only way to increase flow is to increase size and have more passages available.

But I'm sure as time goes on someone will find a way to do it better. Look at how far catalytic converters have come! But hopefully it doesn't take us 40 years to get there :eek:

Sent from my old skool Droid

#7 ·
Would a high flow dpf just be a Huge filter with more holes? More surface area for the exhaust to travel through? Similar to an air filter? What if we out some sort of vacuum device on the exhaust? Such as like a super small turbo after the dpf to suck the exhaust through it? I'm sure these ideas will never work just thinking out loud

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#8 ·
There will be something. A day will come where they will make it completely impractical to delete emissions on any vehicle. As far as high flow dpf. It would just increase in size or flow design, till a new design is invented.

Eventually the pursuit of performance will be quashed by the man

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.