Installed LED Tail-light having issues w/ blinker - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 08:48 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Installed LED Tail-light having issues w/ blinker

Maybe someone can help!

I installed Specd taillight LED the reverse bulb on their unit is in the wrong place so I added a bit of wire to make the reverse light be able to reach the top, since mines in the middle position.

Lights didn't blink so I uninstalled it.

I know there is a resistor in there for the LED's could that resistor messed up my truck.

The drivers side rear window will not roll up now (opposite side of light I installed), the blinker and brake light on the passenger side do not work now! The back up camera (stock) does not work now.

It seems obvious to me the resistor messed things up but how do I fix these issues? What sucks so bad is my wife bought them for me for Xmas and feels horrible about it, I'm not thrilled either!

Please DO NOT tell me it HAS TO go to Chevy, I cannot stand the dealerships. The closest dealership to me I've found to be worth a damn is almost 100 miles away.

If there is any more info y'all need to help please ask and I'll provide it. If this needs to be moved to another place to get better response please move it. I posted it under electrical first and got nothing. I know now that the Specd are trash, by all accounts online, but I just wanted lightly smoked lenses as the big red dot on my white truck look funny .

Thanks for ANY help,

Bryan
Downpipe <> "Clean" Exhaust <> AFE Intake Stage 2 <> PPE Deep Tranny Pan <> Fleetrite ATF <> TransGo Jr. <> PCV Reroute <> Resonator Plug <> <> Amsoil By-Pass <> Synthetic Fluid Everywhere <>. Auxiliary Fuel Filters 2 cat filters 1R-0749 & 175-2949 <> Rear Air Bags <> LED fogs & rear work lights <>6000 lumens Drive lights<> Pillar gauges <> Debadged <> full front bumper replacement <> <> stock Fuel Filter replaced w/ 1r-0750 or 0749 <> EFI LIVE from ATP by Rob <> Michelin Green X<> Kennedy Lift Pump <>Custom Flatbed<>Edge CTS gauges <> FLYING DOWN TEXAS ROADS ALL DAY LONG!
Texas Wallbanger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 09:09 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

look under the hood, you blew a fuse these trucks have a fuse for everything, i did the same thing when i installed my led lights under my tail gate

EFI live by BOBO, Mbrp 4 inch dual exhaust,Suncoast gmax 5-3 with ml cont, S366 billet wheeled turbo, and some cool interior stuff with some cool additional exterior stuff

0IF II AND III
OEF VETERAN
WHEN IN DOUBT DROP A JDAM
:rockin

12.6 @ 108 was fun while it lasted, Sold Aug 2013 no longer a Duramax owner
polaris7x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 04:19 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Well the light works as a running light. So I just thought it was the same fuse, which I did replace. Do you know if the windows have separate fuses?

Man I hope that's it. I've been using the old work truck. My four year old said "daddy I thought you said this truck is only for riding in the pasture?" Which it most definitely is! But I've been sliding by for a few days. None of the cops around here work on the holidays unless there is a call.

Thanks I will check it first thing in the morning.
Downpipe <> "Clean" Exhaust <> AFE Intake Stage 2 <> PPE Deep Tranny Pan <> Fleetrite ATF <> TransGo Jr. <> PCV Reroute <> Resonator Plug <> <> Amsoil By-Pass <> Synthetic Fluid Everywhere <>. Auxiliary Fuel Filters 2 cat filters 1R-0749 & 175-2949 <> Rear Air Bags <> LED fogs & rear work lights <>6000 lumens Drive lights<> Pillar gauges <> Debadged <> full front bumper replacement <> <> stock Fuel Filter replaced w/ 1r-0750 or 0749 <> EFI LIVE from ATP by Rob <> Michelin Green X<> Kennedy Lift Pump <>Custom Flatbed<>Edge CTS gauges <> FLYING DOWN TEXAS ROADS ALL DAY LONG!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:14 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Got it!

It blew two fuses, the crazy thing is when I replaced the 15a fuse on the door panel fuse box for the RT turn the window now rolls up, backup camera works and the window rolled up!

Strange to me that they are all running off that fuse.

I did notice lots of corrosion on many of the fuses in the box under the hood
Old 01-01-2013, 05:46 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

good deal man, yeah these trucks run 50 million things it seems off some of the fuses. and when i bought my truck ive always had some issues with certain fuses under the hood cause the box under there is junk id say.

EFI live by BOBO, Mbrp 4 inch dual exhaust,Suncoast gmax 5-3 with ml cont, S366 billet wheeled turbo, and some cool interior stuff with some cool additional exterior stuff

0IF II AND III
OEF VETERAN
WHEN IN DOUBT DROP A JDAM
:rockin

12.6 @ 108 was fun while it lasted, Sold Aug 2013 no longer a Duramax owner
polaris7x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

Crazy computer crazy engineers! Like a rubric cube!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.