Help out - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 11:10 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Help out

I am looking for some good gauges for my 06 duramax and don't know what to get or a good place to get them. can some help out?
Booty20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 11:13 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

have you looked into an Edge Insight? very nice! will do more than gauges ever could dream of!
2008 LMM 2500HD, MA-700, MBRP 4'', K&N cold air intake, EFI Live from Diesel Addiction, edge insight, PPE lift pump, egr blocked, 33'' Goodyear duratracs on 20" XD Misfits, de-debadged,smoked tail lights and cab lights, halo headlights, black grille, leveled with keys, B&M gooseneck hitch, air ride air bags with compressor, Alligator tie rod sleeves, PPE shim kit,Rough Country 6'' Lift Powdercoated Orange, 35w 5000k HIDs highs, lows and fogs
WAITING TO BE INSTALLED - PCV reroute, Ppe rear diff cover, inline filter kit
>>>build thread<<<
BorderlineReckless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Autometer is one of the best. Alot of places have them. I personally bought mine from alligatorperformance.

05 LLY
Big Dipper trans and other stuff
DMaxx Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 11:15 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

here is the insight
Edge 83830 CTS Insight for 96 and newer OBD-II equipped vehicles
2008 LMM 2500HD, MA-700, MBRP 4'', K&N cold air intake, EFI Live from Diesel Addiction, edge insight, PPE lift pump, egr blocked, 33'' Goodyear duratracs on 20" XD Misfits, de-debadged,smoked tail lights and cab lights, halo headlights, black grille, leveled with keys, B&M gooseneck hitch, air ride air bags with compressor, Alligator tie rod sleeves, PPE shim kit,Rough Country 6'' Lift Powdercoated Orange, 35w 5000k HIDs highs, lows and fogs
WAITING TO BE INSTALLED - PCV reroute, Ppe rear diff cover, inline filter kit
>>>build thread<<<
BorderlineReckless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

^Triple gauges look cooler lol

05 LLY
Old 01-02-2013, 11:33 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Thabks for the help. I would like the triple gauge set, I have a edge juiced with attitude. Would the isspro gauges work? And is there any venders?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

you got options

you can get that edge insight that monitiors all your parameters with custom backrounds. I think its like 400 $ or so or and i think you can choose your efi live tunes from it as well which is the route I should have gone. spend the same on a set of pillar gauges and pod. If your mechanically inclined you can install them yourself and save alot of money just know how to use a tap to thread the manifold 1/8 npt i believe.I have a cobalt boost gauge I bought on ebay for like 40 bucks and bought my pyrometer from prosport gauges it flashes red and beeps when my temp hits my preset levelName:  002.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  40.0 KB
5/8" backhoe hydraulic tranny lines .pcv reroute danvilleperformance resonator plugs.[I]electronics8000k lo's fogs and reverse lights led parking lamps and signals blue led gauge cluster and HVAC controls.led pyrometer and boost.pyrometer flashes gauge red when I hit my preset temp ridiculous stereo train horns led tails.
dirthand1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 11:42 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
Received a Hummer

I've had/have them all... I have a CTS and I have actual gauges.. I've had a dual pod and triple pod now.. My suggestion will be based off of your needs..

If you are just running a mild tune, etc.. get an Autometer EGT and Boost gauge in a dual pod and be done with it..
If you are one of those guys who wants to know the temp of your air intake, etc.. mostly stuff that most don't care about, get the Edge unit and monitor it all..
Keep in mind if you get a triple pillar setup.. I can almost guarantee you will crack your head/face off them all the time, and your sun visor turns into a PITA.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:43 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
Keep in mind if you get a triple pillar setup.. I can almost guarantee you will crack your head/face off them all the time, and your sun visor turns into a PITA.
Have had mine for a while and havent touched them. Get a tint strip then you dont need a visor

05 LLY
Old 01-02-2013, 12:52 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
I've had/have them all... I have a CTS and I have actual gauges.. I've had a dual pod and triple pod now.. My suggestion will be based off of your needs..

If you are just running a mild tune, etc.. get an Autometer EGT and Boost gauge in a dual pod and be done with it..
If you are one of those guys who wants to know the temp of your air intake, etc.. mostly stuff that most don't care about, get the Edge unit and monitor it all..
Would I need a fuel pressure gauge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.