Talk me out of it - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 01:11 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Talk me out of it

Im 19, own the truck in my sig, and at the point where my next mod would be to build the tranny. as much as i love my truck nothing really stands out to me that makes me not want to part with it. its my second truck, and i guess im like my dad was when he was my age in the fact that i get bored easily. that and i also realized how slow 12s in the quarter are which is what id be limited to for awhile even with the built trans. diesel aint cheap these days, not only the fuel but everything about them. also im not sure at this time in my life its smart to be blowing all my money on my truck. lately ive really been tossing around the idea of getting rid of my truck, and if i do, this is what id be looking at getting.
STI
EVO
boosted T/a
boosted ws6
boosted camaro
boosted 2wd/4wd silverado
super clean 12 valve 5 speed
termi cobra
lets face it gas engine are cheaper to build and cheaper to maintain. but theres something about diesels that ive grown to know and love. i also hunt and fish a ton but my dad does have a truck that im sure he wouldnt have a problem with me borrowing every once in awhile.
So talk me out of getting rid of my truck. please.
4" straight pipe, 4" Billscustomintake, PPE Boostvalve, AE 18x10s-Toyo 33x12.5s, Debadged, Leveled, Airdog 165, Autometer Cobalts, EfiLive with Starlite Diesel Tunes, ProFab Turbo Horn, 18% Tint, Recon tailgate lightbar, Recon Cablights, Sleeves.
Wishlist: smoked running+headlights, Blackout Performance trans, S467 + 60% overs, duel fuelers, Color match ERRTHANG
CRFmxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 01:14 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Hang it!...Fire!
Lifetime Supporting Member

You should sell it to me for dirt cheap
Belltech 3inch drop shackles, T Bar bolts all the way out, DDM Tuning 6000k Low/3000k Fog, and about 50lbs of Zipties
TDIpowered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 01:20 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIpowered View Post
You should sell it to me for dirt cheap
lol noooooo
4" straight pipe, 4" Billscustomintake, PPE Boostvalve, AE 18x10s-Toyo 33x12.5s, Debadged, Leveled, Airdog 165, Autometer Cobalts, EfiLive with Starlite Diesel Tunes, ProFab Turbo Horn, 18% Tint, Recon tailgate lightbar, Recon Cablights, Sleeves.
Wishlist: smoked running+headlights, Blackout Performance trans, S467 + 60% overs, duel fuelers, Color match ERRTHANG
Old 01-08-2013, 03:31 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

do like me and have both. 11 sec car and a nice truck to tow it with. LS1's are cheap now a days. for the price of your tranny thats about half of what a z28 or ss would run. My vote is leave the truck as is and get the car.
Black_Max09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 06:20 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Max09 View Post
do like me and have both. 11 sec car and a nice truck to tow it with. LS1's are cheap now a days. for the price of your tranny thats about half of what a z28 or ss would run. My vote is leave the truck as is and get the car.
i dont have enough for that without draining my savings entirely and i dont want to do that.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:24 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFmxracer View Post
i dont have enough for that without draining my savings entirely and i dont want to do that.
You're still way young... you have plenty of time to build it back up
Old 01-08-2013, 06:54 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyshaw View Post
You're still way young... you have plenty of time to build it back up
#1 this is disgustingly bad advice.

You're still way young to own an 11 second car, too. The smarter thing to do would be to save for the car rather that draining savings.

I did it the former way and I'm still sorry I did. "wealth" is a lot like GPA in college. If you keep it up, it's not hard - but once it falls it's much harder to build back up.

That being said, best bang for the buck in moddability and reliability on that list is a termi hands down.

I've owned GTOs Vettes and a CTS-V. All extremely reliable until you start adding boost. If money is a concern, then you won't want to pay for any repairs when you blow something up.

Buy the termi, pulley it and put on exhaust. It will be fast, but it will feel even faster because of the torque that thing makes.

I miss my blower car but factory boosted is the way to go if you don't have the cash or the spare vehicle to respond to failures.
2007 F8 Sno Pro. Now in 1000 tiny little pieces in the woods. That was fun.

facebook.com/matthew.antonio
KC2GIW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 06:57 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Also, 12s aint slow - and unless you wanna pony up lots of dough, I don't know much that runs 12s or better that's a reliable driver.

You gotta be realistic man.
2007 F8 Sno Pro. Now in 1000 tiny little pieces in the woods. That was fun.

facebook.com/matthew.antonio
KC2GIW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 07:01 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Id keep the truck ..you obviously ride dirt and no car is gonna carry a dirt bike around very well .plus you got a truck a lot of guys would kill for Id have to keep that bad boy If you wanna go fast buy a car thats easy to make fast and build you a hot motor and drive line for it . If you really shop around and make good purchases you could build you a race car for pretty cheap . a fast one at that
4'' lift
GEAR Double Pump wheels
Nitto Terra Grapplers
WHEN GUNS ARE OUTLAWED I'LL BE THE OUTLAW !!
DIRTEEMAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 07:03 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC2GIW View Post
Also, 12s aint slow - and unless you wanna pony up lots of dough, I don't know much that runs 12s or better that's a reliable driver.

You gotta be realistic man.

GOOD POINT DUDE

BTW what is a Termi
4'' lift
GEAR Double Pump wheels
Nitto Terra Grapplers
WHEN GUNS ARE OUTLAWED I'LL BE THE OUTLAW !!
DIRTEEMAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.