Not dog friendly Colorado - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 08:19 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Not dog friendly Colorado

In the last few months there has been an issue with Police officers shooting family dogs because they were "Threatened”.

Colorado cops criticized for shooting restrained dog | The Raw Story

Another one happened Monday.
Adams County deputy accused of wrongfully shooting, killing dog | 9news.com

I have to admit that I am a dog guy and if a cop came in and shot my dog I would be equally upset. The post office carriers carry mace in case they come across an aggressive dog, why do cops think they have the right to kill?

I have always supported my local law enforcement but they are making it harder and harder to believe in them and their actions. Let me come to your house and shoot your pet, a family member and see how you feel about it. Does this kind of thing happen where you live?

And on a side note concerning dogs, I am pro-pit bull. I have had several of them in my life and they are the most loving dogs in the world. I firmly believe that a dog is the direct reflection of its owner and that there is no such thing as a bad dog breed, just bad owners.
MBRP 4" stright exhaust + downpipe
Bill's Custom 4" Horn and Intake
Edge CTS used for gages
Nictane Adaptor
Stage V Transmission
EFI Tunes by Wade
Mr. Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 08:23 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
I know nothing
Lifetime Supporting Member

That makes me sick. If you're that scared of a dog please turn your badge in. We dont want or need your "protection."
Old 01-16-2013, 09:07 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAXchris View Post
That makes me sick. If you're that scared of a dog please turn your badge in. We dont want or need your "protection."
Totally agree. And in neither story does it ever say "we asked the owner to restrain the dog or lock it up" and in the one story animal control even had a neck loop on the animal and had it under complete control.

My kids would be broken hearted if they seen something like that happen to our dog or even a friends dog.
Edge CTS used for gages
Nictane Adaptor
Stage V Transmission
EFI Tunes by Wade
Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Cops not far from here tied a dog up to a tree and then shot it in front of a bus load of kids. I believe he actually got fired though.
'07 Classic LT CCSB, Idaho Rob EFI Live , CTS Insight, 3" Diamond Eye down pipe, 5" straight exhaust, 7" Black tip, shimmed and ported, Banks intake with duct under bumper, blocked, AD2 165, BMF Novakanes 18X9 with BFG A/T 285/65, Access Top low profile, Trans go Jr, ATP tranny lines, CAT filters, torklift camper tie downs. Thanks to Cam at Adrenaline and ATP.
07IDClassic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

I remember something similar in the summertime. There were acupel news stories of cops killing pit bulls when they would go on a call. I only heard of it happening in the city though.
MHDMAX66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 10:57 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Wow if I was the owner of the dog in the second story there is no way I would be out of jail right now. That cop would have the shit kicked out of him for that. I'm really sick of the double standard officers get. If a civilian shot a dog like this they would be going to jail with heavy fines while a police officer gets put on paid leave for a couple weeks and is back to work like nothing happened.

Sold 02 2500HD EC/SB Duramax
-EFI Live/AIRraid intake/4" dual exhaust
-6" Fabtech lift w/cognito arms/braces/tie-rods
-20x12 Fuel Hostage Black w/ 35x12.50x20 Toyo MTs
buildingup is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 11:15 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Spoolin' Up
Lifetime Supporting Member

I dont care what anyone says, my dogs are my family and will be defended as such!
Mods: Cognito 4"-6" with hd sway bar, ballistic jester camo 17x9 rims with 315/70 R17 Treadwright Guard Dog M/T's, Fabtech tie rods, Pitman and dler arm support kit, pump rub kit, 5000k 55w HIDs in high, lows, 4300k 55w in fogs, all on mod, PPE Air box mod, blocked and stuck, PCV re-route and resonator kit, 5" Diamond Eye Turbo back with 7" tip, raptor liner from body line down and holding up perfect!

www.performancetruckproducts.com
Hibneck1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 11:16 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

The only problem with going after the officer is then all of sudden some how his actions now have merit. Trust me if there ever became a eye for an eye system in this country I believe a lot of people would second guess what they are doing.....

You wrongfully kill my dog I kill yours.....
You hurt a member of my family and I hurt one of yours and so on

But yes there seems to be a huge double standard in Police and gov't agencys but what to do.....what to do......

I know I will write my congressman a letter and complain......oh wait who is it that protects this guy when he does something stupid....police.......and who protects the Police when they do something stupid.....my congressman
Edge CTS used for gages
Nictane Adaptor
Stage V Transmission
EFI Tunes by Wade
Old 01-16-2013, 11:34 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Neptune View Post
The only problem with going after the officer is then all of sudden some how his actions now have merit. Trust me if there ever became a eye for an eye system in this country I believe a lot of people would second guess what they are doing.....

You wrongfully kill my dog I kill yours.....
You hurt a member of my family and I hurt one of yours and so on

But yes there seems to be a huge double standard in Police and gov't agencys but what to do.....what to do......

I know I will write my congressman a letter and complain......oh wait who is it that protects this guy when he does something stupid....police.......and who protects the Police when they do something stupid.....my congressman
If he shot the dog and you went after him beating the shit out of him for his stupidity there still wouldn't be merit in his actions but you would be going to jail for assaulting an officer because of his stupidity killing one of your family members.

Eye for eye does have its draw backs though such as if you really are innocent. But yes the double standard really blows because it ties our hands without being able to react how we should be allowed with minimal repercussions. Yeah congressman you probably read the letter if you got lucky then just pitch it.

Sold 02 2500HD EC/SB Duramax
-EFI Live/AIRraid intake/4" dual exhaust
-6" Fabtech lift w/cognito arms/braces/tie-rods
-20x12 Fuel Hostage Black w/ 35x12.50x20 Toyo MTs
buildingup is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Only time they should even consider to shoot the dog is if its mauling away at one of them, but even then pepper spray would work. I am pro pit pull to, it completely relies on how the dog is brought up and how it is treated. How could you say a breed is vicious, might as well say certain races are dangerous and we should ban them to.

2011 Sierra 2500HD CCSB LML (Buisness vehicle) - 4" Fabtec w/ DirtLogics, 35" micky Thompsons, 20" fuel boost rims - color matched cut out style
DieselLuver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.