Buy a pistol. - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 07:44 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

Seen a guy on meth take a 9mm round to the right lung, dug his finger in the wound and murmured, "Now it's a party"

I'll never carry anything less than a .40
Big-Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 07:50 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)
So Long Space Cowboy...
Supporting Member

My reasoning behind the "Increased odds of being shot" is that if I have a gun, wouldnt the person that Im dealing be more inclined to feel threatened should they find out (i obviouly wouldnt advertise it).
I am mostly considering this because my Girlfriend (of several years now) is worried. I never carry cash, but its still a big risk.

Thanks guys, you have given me a lot to contemplate. Once I have a little extra cash I will buy a compact .40 or a .45
my dad wants me to get a .45, because they have some actual knock-down power.

Until I do buy a gun, I will borrow my brothers .45

Mostly Stock, Deleted, Kory's Tunes, 45% Exergy Injectors, Airdog,
20x10 Stealth Black BMF R.E.P.R.'s Wrapped in 305/50R20 Toyo Proxes ST1's,
Stage 3 Dmaxstore Front End, AGR SB2 Gearbox, Isspro Gauges, and a stock trans...

3rd Coast Diesels- Member #2
j.stanton2009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 07:58 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)
I'm That Guy...

Get a CCW and don't let them know you are concealing. Gun should be carried on your person though.

CLICK TO READ: FORUM RULES OR DF STAFF!

Thank you Rob Coddens (Idaho Rob), Dustin @ ATP, Scott @ SDP, Kory Willis, and Mike L. for all of your help!

05 LLY CCSB 4wd - Mods coming (Truck Love from ATP Trucks and Copperhead Diesel expected soon)
SOLD: 05 LLY, 05 LLY, 09 LMM, 02 LB7

Build Threads : 2005 Chevy Silverado | 1978 Ford Bronco (Sister Site)
TDFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

it only increases your odds if you dont know how to use it or if you ever do have to you hesitate. get one get good with it and make sure when that time hopefully never comes you can double tap the chest.

and get a good gun, springfield 1911 or if you dont wanna spend the bucks get a glock
Cayenne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 08:09 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Sounds weird, but paint it a really weird color or something unique if you're carrying concealed. I've heard stories of anti-gun people calling the police when they see a "suspicious bulge" and claiming you pulled a gun on them. If you are ever in this situation, make sure the officer gets a description of the gun from the "accuser" first. They will most likely describe it as being "black or grey, or they didn't get a good look at it", or "can't remember"... Then when you show the officer your bright pink gun (or however you decide to paint it) the officer will know the "accuser" was lying, because most people would remeber a goofy colored gun, and then you can press charges on them. Long explanation of why to paint your gun a goofy way or color, but I hope it makes sense. lol.
jacobdewey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 08:15 PM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

I carry a pocket knife. I also leave a big knife in the truck. Im pretty good @ defending myself (cant stop a bullet) but I could be do heavy damage with my skills & with a knife.

2009 GMC 2500HD SLE CC/SB 4x4 LMM
EFI Live, Edge Insight CTS, EGR disabled, Flo~Pro 4" exhaust w/ muffler & stock trumpet tip, Pacer LED NBS cab lights, Putco yellow bulb fog lights, GM under tailgate dually light bar, Footwell lights, Cobra 29 WXNWST CB radio, Kenwood speakers, Tinted windows, GM chrome oval running boards, WIF sensor delete plug, Fumoto oil drain valve, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Michelin M/S2, PY0 wheels, Rubber mud flaps, Curt class IV hitch, Wilson 2000 CB antenna

2000 Silverado 1500 LS RC/LB 4x2 4.8L (Whoopty/Work Truck)

Last edited by HD Dmax Machine; 01-16-2013 at 08:21 PM.
HD Dmax Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 08:18 PM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.stanton2009 View Post
My reasoning behind the "Increased odds of being shot" is that if I have a gun, wouldnt the person that Im dealing be more inclined to feel threatened should they find out (i obviouly wouldnt advertise it).
Conceal it at all times, buy a gun that conceals easy. Only pull the gun if you intend to use it. If they see your gun they should have a bullet in them within a second.

As mentioned above, know how to use it and be confident. If you pull a gun and are too scared to use it you could get killed by your own gun.

Draw. Shoot. Escape. If you start that chain of events, finish it.
Edge Juice w/Attitude - 4" straight pipe (shaved the muff and killed the kitty) with 5" tip - Blocked EGR - triple guage pod (Aux Fuel, Air Bags, Boost) - air bags w/compressor and 2 gallon air tank - train horn - tint (5 back/15 front) - custom grill - pace roll-top cover - 28 gallon aux fuel tank (gravity feed) - Pioneer AVIC-D3 in dash DVD/GPS/Bluetooth unit with XM Nav Traffic - metra on-star adaptor - PAC SWI-PS steering wheel remote interface - 2 10" MTX subs with Rockford amp - head rest monitors - passenger visor monitor - viper remote start - 07 mirrors (w/ DIY leveling) - DIY pre-OEM Cat fuel filter - boost stick - AEM Brute Force CAI - 20" black spoke KMC wheels mounted with 305x50x20's
premis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 08:26 PM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

Shoot until the threat is no longer such
Big-Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 08:40 PM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I turned in my concealed carry papers yesterday and will have my permit in 60ish days. i already have my carry of choice...taurus millenium pro 9mm with a 12 round magazine. I guarantee a crack head wont pull 12 shots out of his chest and think the party just got started. Do you know how many people you interact with on a daily basis that are carrying a gun that you have no idea about? Know one has to know you have a gun, let alone the people you are doing business with.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:27 PM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)
So Long Space Cowboy...
Supporting Member

Yeah, that looks like the way Im going to go.
I will buy a good quality gun, but i definitely want something concealable.
any suggestions?

Mostly Stock, Deleted, Kory's Tunes, 45% Exergy Injectors, Airdog,
20x10 Stealth Black BMF R.E.P.R.'s Wrapped in 305/50R20 Toyo Proxes ST1's,
Stage 3 Dmaxstore Front End, AGR SB2 Gearbox, Isspro Gauges, and a stock trans...

3rd Coast Diesels- Member #2
j.stanton2009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.