Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Pistol shopping

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Cayenne 
#1 ·
Been looking at pistols, can't decide between a 357 mag and a 45 LC. Been leaning towards the 45 because I've been thinking if buying a 45 rifle so it would easier to stock one kind if ammo. Any thoughts?

#5 ·
.45 LC??? I'd believe it if you meant .45 ACP.

That being said, depends on what you're going to do with it obviously.

Can't beat a .357 for variety and ballistic performance. Not the biggest, but it sure is versatile.

#3 ·
If you get the 357 you can shoot .38 special out of it for a cheaper range day...

#15 ·
:neener:neener:neener cant beat em:drink

#8 ·
45 long colt

#9 ·
yes a 357 has more velocity... I plan on buying one to carry because i am in the woods a lot and a 45 acp is a defense gun but a 357 will work against bear

#10 ·
personally, I'm a believer in having multiple calibers. That way if there is a "shortage" of any given type, you have an alternative. Of course stocking up a bit can help make this a non-issue too :thumb

#11 ·
Like the 357 better than 45 LC... 357 is cheaper and also can shoot 38 specials. Get a revolver and a lever gun. Seems like I see more 357 on shelf than 45 LC

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#12 ·
Truth

#14 ·
I ended up getting the 45. I'll post pics later. The Cabelas we went to hand no ammo. Not even any for my 30-06.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.