My DMAX is stronger than Snap - On Tools. - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 07:47 PM   eBay Motors  #21 (permalink)
backwoods legit
Lifetime Supporting Member

i started making hex keys out of d2 tool steel...no more rounded corners on the ends lol...once we get our edm machine up, im gonna make a set of sockets from 4140 to get used to the machine.
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 09:19 PM   eBay Motors  #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500-HD View Post
i started making hex keys out of d2 tool steel...no more rounded corners on the ends lol...once we get our edm machine up, im gonna make a set of sockets from 4140 to get used to the machine.
How much for a set shipped to AK?
gauges in the overhead console.
AKsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 09:36 AM   eBay Motors  #23 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

I have some S-K sockets and have never broken one of them. Had that set about 30 years or longer. Bought a new set of the engraved Craftsmen a few years ago and broke the 21MM when I replaced the bearings on my '05 several months ago. The only good thing was the warranty - walked in and said I broke one and they gave me a new one with no questions asked. Did not use it on a impact, broke it the old fashioned way - by hand using a long 3/4" breaker bar and 3/4" x 1/2" reducer adaptor.

Can hardly wait to the next time I need to replace them, used the red locktite!

2005 Chevy Silverado 4x4, 285-70-17's on Hummer wheels. Banks Air inlet system w/scoop. Predator programmer, modified mouth piece.

93 Dodge D250, PDR Twins HX35&HT3B, 60+# boost,PDR stage 2 head w/o-rings, PDR Cam, modified VE Pump, piston style lift pump, modified 5" intake w/AFE, ATS ported manifold,DTT 89% converter, 4" RIP exhaust,modified tranny,EGT/boost/tranny/tach gauges.Rear sway bar.Single stage Water/Meth system installed. Oversized intercooler
Paccool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 09:41 AM   eBay Motors  #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by premis View Post
You got 135,000 miles out of a front hub??? I went through three by that time!

I've never had a problem with mine. I've changed at least 6 hubs (passenger and driver combined). I can do it in less than 15 minutes now.
i got 170,000 out of the passenger side and 199,500 and counting on the driverside

2005 LLY: S&B cold air, s&b mouth piece, 3in wrapped dp, 5in straight pipe to 7in miter, efi live DSP5 from husker diesel switched with insight, 18in xd hoss -12 offset wrapped in nitto terra grapler 285s, tinted, smoked recon genius lights , smoked lights, Kryptonite tierods and centerlink, nicktane cat adapter-SOLD
johndeere5520 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.