Exhaust????? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 08:24 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Exhaust?????

I want to do a exhaust upgrade. What do you recommend or have done to yours. I would like to do it cheap since I have the dreaded bad injectors.

Truck info in in my signature.

--------------
Bone stock 2001 2500HD Duramax
lb7, 4x4, ec/sb, auto trans
Want to upgrade it but now looks like bad injectors and got it 1/11/13. From private individual.
Chevy_Duramax_man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

I have mbrp 5 inch straight pipe on mine no muffler or kitty with the mbrp down pipe going to 7 inch tip and it sound really good.
05LIFTEDDMAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

MBRP, Diamond EYE, Flo Pro, AFE. I personally shopped from DE and MBRP. DE welds their hangers to the clamps and MBRP to the pipe.
2007.5 Chevy 2500HD -- EFI Live by Kory Willis/DSP5 -- 4" MBRP turbo back w/ Muffler -- Diamond Eye Downpipe -- EGR Blocker Plate -- Nictane W/ Cat filter -- Edge Insight W/ EGT -- Firestone Riderite Bags -- 265/75/16 Duratrac W/ leveling kit -- Rancho RS9000xl's
stang233 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 04:11 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I bought a 4" straight pipe off ebay for $280 and installed myself. You don't need anymore than 4" unless you are creating some serious power.

Here's a video of my straight pipe - the mic was clipped to the rear bumper, it is nowhere near that loud in the cab
Edge Juice w/Attitude - 4" straight pipe (shaved the muff and killed the kitty) with 5" tip - Blocked EGR - triple guage pod (Aux Fuel, Air Bags, Boost) - air bags w/compressor and 2 gallon air tank - train horn - tint (5 back/15 front) - custom grill - pace roll-top cover - 28 gallon aux fuel tank (gravity feed) - Pioneer AVIC-D3 in dash DVD/GPS/Bluetooth unit with XM Nav Traffic - metra on-star adaptor - PAC SWI-PS steering wheel remote interface - 2 10" MTX subs with Rockford amp - head rest monitors - passenger visor monitor - viper remote start - 07 mirrors (w/ DIY leveling) - DIY pre-OEM Cat fuel filter - boost stick - AEM Brute Force CAI - 20" black spoke KMC wheels mounted with 305x50x20's
premis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 04:25 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Man that does sound good. And man I love the sound of the BOV. That is a sound I miss. Want to do that too eventually.

--------------
Want to upgrade it but now looks like bad injectors and got it 1/11/13. From private individual.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

That's just the turbo barking through the exhaust. Not a BOV.
PPE air box mod
Stock tranny (for now)
Boost & Pyro pillar gauges
04LB7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LB7 View Post
That's just the turbo barking through the exhaust. Not a BOV.
Wow that is cool. Sounds good none the less lol. I an total new to the diesel world and loving it so far and learning a lot here

--------------
Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

You want cheap, the just have a muffler shop cut out the kitty and muffler on your stock exhaust. Or just straight pipe it yourself. Definitely give you a change in sound and won't be out a lot of money.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfzgoody View Post
You want cheap, the just have a muffler shop cut out the kitty and muffler on your stock exhaust. Or just straight pipe it yourself. Definitely give you a change in sound and won't be out a lot of money.

Ya was thinking about that. Doing that will be cheaper and it should still sound good. Would you keep it all stock pipe size or remove it and make it a little bigger. Not even sure what stock size is. Looks like 3.5ish

--------------
Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

3.5 is stock size. Will still have decent sound.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.