injector cleaning? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 03:02 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

injector cleaning?

Has anyone had any experience with professional injector "cleaning"? I have not seen any discussion or advertisements on the subject but depending on reputation and price I was thinking of getting a set of junkyard injectors and having them professionally cleaned, swap them out, and if I like them I might have the originals cleaned to that I may sell them to offset some of the cost. Any comments?
markmcewan19565 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 03:37 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
I'm That Guy...

GM has a cleaner that you can run through your injectors while installed on the truck, there is a DIY thread somewhere around here.

Most people run some additive occasionally, but what is your goal? Do you have injector issues?

What year is your truck?

CLICK TO READ: FORUM RULES OR DF STAFF!

Thank you Rob Coddens (Idaho Rob), Dustin @ ATP, Scott @ SDP, Kory Willis, and Mike L. for all of your help!

05 LLY CCSB 4wd - Mods coming (Truck Love from ATP Trucks and Copperhead Diesel expected soon)
SOLD: 05 LLY, 05 LLY, 09 LMM, 02 LB7

Build Threads : 2005 Chevy Silverado | 1978 Ford Bronco (Sister Site)
TDFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 06:51 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Injector cleaner is only borrowed time if you are changing injectors at least rebuild them
Old 03-10-2013, 07:56 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

I have an '03 Chevy 2500hd. Ihave a loud tapping that seems to be caused by the injectors because it will stumble and lope at an idle. does anyone know the part number for the GM cleaner? The truck runs well but the tapping occurs under a light load but stops while at heavy acceleration. Performance wise it seems to be ok

Last edited by markmcewan19565; 03-10-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:40 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
I'm That Guy...

Swapping injectors on an LB7 isn't a 30 minute job. Do you have fuel in your oil? What do your balance rates look like?

CLICK TO READ: FORUM RULES OR DF STAFF!

Thank you Rob Coddens (Idaho Rob), Dustin @ ATP, Scott @ SDP, Kory Willis, and Mike L. for all of your help!

05 LLY CCSB 4wd - Mods coming (Truck Love from ATP Trucks and Copperhead Diesel expected soon)
SOLD: 05 LLY, 05 LLY, 09 LMM, 02 LB7

Build Threads : 2005 Chevy Silverado | 1978 Ford Bronco (Sister Site)
TDFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 01:36 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

I dont have a a great amount of knowledge with diesel engines but I do have a very good.mechanical ability. I dont know.how.to check balance rates but I do believe that i.have fuel in my oil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.