Truck box mount - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 05:20 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Truck box mount

Is there a good way to mount a crossover truck box without drilling holes in my truck?
2010 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Standard Bed, LT, Z71, 4wd, Victory Red exterior, Black interior, Nasta Nerf Bars, Autoventshade vent visors, Line-X XTRA bedliner, B&W Turnover Gooseneck ball, TSC tool box, Du-Ha underseat storage, Rear Wheelhouse liners, Stampede Fender Flares, Duraflaps mud flaps, Edge CTS Evo Race, Air dog II DF-165, Resonator plugged, EGR blocked, 4 inch MBRP stainless turbo back exhaust, Mobil 1 Synthetic oils throughout
To be installed soon - BD exhaust manifold, Edge EGT probe.

Thank you to Nate at www.performancetruckproducts.com; Chad at www.alligatorperformance.com; and Tyler at www.meyerperformance.com
AL/TN Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2009, 10:24 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

Dont heckle me for this. But, whats a crossover truck box? Is that something to do with stacks
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
Tow Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2009, 06:03 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

It's just the regular truck tool box that crosses over the bed right behind the cab. I want to put one on my truck, but don't really want to drill holes to mount it.
2010 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Standard Bed, LT, Z71, 4wd, Victory Red exterior, Black interior, Nasta Nerf Bars, Autoventshade vent visors, Line-X XTRA bedliner, B&W Turnover Gooseneck ball, TSC tool box, Du-Ha underseat storage, Rear Wheelhouse liners, Stampede Fender Flares, Duraflaps mud flaps, Edge CTS Evo Race, Air dog II DF-165, Resonator plugged, EGR blocked, 4 inch MBRP stainless turbo back exhaust, Mobil 1 Synthetic oils throughout

Thank you to Nate at www.performancetruckproducts.com; Chad at www.alligatorperformance.com; and Tyler at www.meyerperformance.com
Old 04-07-2009, 06:09 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Buy a track rack tool box, it has racks that drill into the bed but dont use the racks. Take the arms on the tool box and extend them so they reach the bed rails. then put on two clamps on each side. I did this and the box stays inplace perfect and i can take it in and out of my truck within 1 minute.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:30 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

I am looking at the truck boxes that extend over the bed rails

Old 04-07-2009, 06:48 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

buy two cheapo stake pocket hooks. Drill the box where the hooks screw into their base (lined up over the stake pokets that your box will cover). Voila. No drilling except for two small holes in the new box that will allow the shank of the hook to pass through.
Kryptonite Centerlink + Tie Rods /Cognito Braces
Henderson's SuperSteer Idler Bracket/brace/weld-in
Semi-custom bumper / MITUSA Lift pump!
Cognito swaybar end links / Energy Susp Bar Bushings
Merchant Automotive T-Case Brace /tailgate straps
Sound Deadener everywhere!
Nicktane Adapter
Home Made Trac Bars
N2BRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2009, 07:39 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2BRK View Post
buy two cheapo stake pocket hooks. Drill the box where the hooks screw into their base (lined up over the stake pokets that your box will cover). Voila. No drilling except for two small holes in the new box that will allow the shank of the hook to pass through.
you should be able to get these from the folks that you buy the box from. If not check TSC.

Truck
2008 3500HD LMM DRW
Leveled w/ T-bars
B&W turnover ball
Custom dented rear bumper! Looking for a good steel rear if anyone has one up for sale.

http://dmaxstore.com/
Punishher1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2009, 07:42 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

I'm getting my box from TSC anyway, I'll see what they have.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:44 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

They have nice boxes.

Truck
2008 3500HD LMM DRW
Leveled w/ T-bars
B&W turnover ball
Custom dented rear bumper! Looking for a good steel rear if anyone has one up for sale.

http://dmaxstore.com/
Punishher1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2009, 07:45 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

I have a better built (Lowes) and they offered clamps the clamp onto the bed rail and you bolt the box to the clamps. I don't know if they would work on your box, but they leave no damage to the bed.

EFI Live thanks Mike-MM Diesel Performance

www.alligatorperformance.com
dmaxxpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.