4 hi-4 low when sled pulling ? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 05:29 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

4 hi-4 low when sled pulling ?

i need to know some sled pulling tips as for what to put it in.4 hi or 4 low? and why because i see some trucks tearing down the course and some seem like they have a limiter thanx guys
:tanks250:2006 gmc 2500hd lbz ext ,long bed on 285 tires, ,stage 4-big dipper/8 inch stack /efi live by rob ./afe intercooler tube.air box mod/transfer brace wwwhttp://www.getsomeperformance.com/.huskerdiesel.com
jdlbz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2010, 05:32 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

most pull in 4 low
GMax5 + ML Built by me
airdog II,AFE MP+Intercooler tubes http://www.meyerperformance.com/
7" Cognito Lift XD Monsters and 35"s,7" FTE Single stack, Tracton Bars, all the front end goodies, egr blocked, FRSK, 06 grill/ hood/mirrors, sunroof, 50g transfer flow tank and many more
1983 chevy 12valve cummins, nv4500,and some other stuff
Let men marry men and women marry woman...in 3 more generations there will be no more democrats
SzymoDmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2010, 05:36 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SzymoDmax View Post
most pull in 4 low
Not that I'm an expert, or have ever even pulled a sled before, but because they pull in 4low is why you hear the rev limiter.

07 Classic 4x4 EFI/Gmax/ADII, 4" NTBD as Low as it can go, 305/55/20 Terra Grapplers on XD Revolvers .

Go Dawgs
DirtySouth85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2010, 05:41 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

pull in 4 low, Make sure to have steering upgrades done, lower torsion bars completely, If the truck starts to get bouncy back off and stop the pull, if its before 100 feet you can restart the pull, be sure to just roll into it slowly

It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a women's separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation.
Jonsey181 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2010, 05:43 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Stupid Has The Balls
Supporting Member

"How to Pull" Part 1: Truck Setup

"How To Pull" Part 2: What to do at the track.

"How To Pull" Part 3: Gettin' er' down the track.

Good To Go

Some Expensive Parts, Good Times, Busted Knuckles, Long Nights and Fancy Gauges So I Can Watch While I Blow Things Up

Special Thanks To Ben Tyler at BT DieselWorks, LLC. For All The Help and Hard Work

Odyssey25013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2010, 10:49 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

definetly 4-lo, made that mistake my first time in my old truck. made it 57ft, the "try again" line was 50ft at that pull. o well ya live and learn be careful its addictive
-07 2500hd LBZ 4x4ccsb totaled 9Dec13 Big Dipper trans, DSP 5 by IdahoRob, afe filter, 4" Magnaflow, airdog II, egr blocked,pcv rerouted, Autometer gauges, line-x bed and rocker panels, bfg A/T on stock wheels, 3"lowering shackles, remote start, ARE cap

-83 k10 6"skyjacker; 36-12.5 TSLs; 383 with all the goodies

The next time you see any adults talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem - Kick Their Ass or at least say something
offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2010, 12:34 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthewall View Post
definetly 4-lo, made that mistake my first time in my old truck. made it 57ft, the "try again" line was 50ft at that pull. o well ya live and learn be careful its addictive
Man I love your avatar! I used it as a joke on my uncle the other day! Good stuff!

07 Classic 4x4 EFI/Gmax/ADII, 4" NTBD as Low as it can go, 305/55/20 Terra Grapplers on XD Revolvers .

Go Dawgs
DirtySouth85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2010, 08:56 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

4low is the ay I go as well. If you got a 06+ Its best to select 3rd in manual mode so it doesnt shift higher. I selected 2nd by accident once and it defueled when it hit rev limiter
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
Tow Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.