Lost comm. W/ECM & PCM (but no actual side effects) what the..?? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 06:00 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Lost comm. W/ECM & PCM (but no actual side effects) what the..??

Has happened twice probably 1000 miles apart.... Get the u0100 code for lost communication with the ECM / PCM which puts the tranny into a mode kinda of like tow haul where it shifts at a higher rpm. Both times it happened while just cruising along and I didn't even notice anything....

No issues with the truck at all, just this weird code popping up!!anybody seen this before? It's very annoying!!

Thanks!!
Self built/tuned sideways s366 setup | DPC converter / Co-Pilot | 1792 / BD Filter| Black 5" Hood Stack | Homebuilt Trac Bars | Coil-overs | 250psi water/meth | Black MM951's | roll pan | Autometer/ISSpro/UltraGauge | sleeves | self Lowered | deep pan etc.
12.61 @ 105 - 5800ft elev (stock trans) 12.6 vid

Parted out my car for a Pilot's License!!!
GravityKnightFlying
GeneralTJI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2010, 06:25 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

might want to check the bale connecters on the ecm and tcm, make sure they havent partially come out.

1016 hp

7.1 1/8 @ 100

11.27 @ 105
delong_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2010, 05:36 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

I'll look but it's strange because the truck never misses a beat...when this happens it gets codes for tcu malfunction, fuel temp sensor, water temp sensor etc.... It thinks it's loosing connection to a bunch of stuff yet the truck is fine... Only thing that gives it away is the tranny changing shift points...

Thanks...
Self built/tuned sideways s366 setup | DPC converter / Co-Pilot | 1792 / BD Filter| Black 5" Hood Stack | Homebuilt Trac Bars | Coil-overs | 250psi water/meth | Black MM951's | roll pan | Autometer/ISSpro/UltraGauge | sleeves | self Lowered | deep pan etc.

GravityKnightFlying
Old 04-17-2010, 08:46 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
VAGITARIAN :)

Batteries are probably weak..Any moisture on the ECM underhood lately?It's right under the driver's side battery on driver fender....
2006 GMC 4x4 CC/SB/sle1/LBZ**312,000 miles!!** PPE HOT+2 225 TUNE beeeyotch:-)AutoMeter egt/boost Suncoast 5 trans w/1056TC!,billet in/out shafts/MagHytec pan!!,M/A built T-Case,4 in.str8piped,5%tint all around......
2007 Chevrolet 4x4 cc\sb,lbz.......SOLD to blunova
Also, I speed and don't come to complete stops at stop signs.

''don't sweat the petty things,pet the sweaty things''
Click below/pictures of my junk!!
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/vb...do=hall&u=8415
daddysLBZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2010, 06:37 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

I pulled the connectors on the ecu and tcu.. Cleaned them with contact cleaner etc. Haven't driven it yet.... I guess it's good that the truck itself isn't acting up, but kinda odd that these codes keep coming up. I wish GM wouldn't put the ecu's under the hood never been a fan of that idea....

We'll see

GravityKnightFlying
Old 05-01-2010, 08:09 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Still having issues

I had hopes that I would be able to just disable these codes when I tuned my truck w/ HP. But the U0100 code doesn't show up in the DTC list

I disabled some of the others, but when this happens it still puts the trans into tow/haul mode (basically).

This is pissing me off.

I can clear it while driving with my Edge monitor, but they sometimes come back right away.. sometimes not for a while.. truck still never misses a beat.

There is nothing wrong with any connections etc. Everything is clean and been checked to see that it's seated..

Looking around a see several other threads of people with the same problem, but no one has ever posted a real solution yet??!?!

GravityKnightFlying
Old 05-01-2010, 08:49 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Change your fuel filter:Smack

I keed I keed

Last edited by iridebikes; 05-01-2010 at 08:55 AM.
iridebikes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.