Is there a DMAX Manual out there??? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 10:18 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Is there a DMAX Manual out there???

I've been to Napa and Autozone and there appears to be no repair manual out there like Haynes or Chiltons for my 05 Chevy DMAX..... :box It's a 2005 and you'd think that there would be one out there??? Does chevy have one you could buy??? Where can I get a repair manual???
EXT: POS Boondock Bumpers Smitybilt XRC 12K winch,Yakima Rack cab, Leer Browning Gun Safe Ed w/Yakima Rack+Ext, Black tail lights w/guards, black headlights, 2-Hella 500FF, 8-Hella 700FF, Debadged, herulined lower & stepbars
INT: Husky Liners mats, in dash DVD player, DashKing Cover
UNDER HOOD: Battery Blankets/Trickle Chargers, Oil/Trans/Block heaters, PPE Trans/Diff Pans, Firestone 2250/1003-F/R airbags, AFE MP, PCV Reroute, Filter Spacer/nicktane fuel adapter, Roush Intake, Titan 52gal tank, 100gal custom stainless bed tank gravity fed, magnaflow turboback
ArticK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2010, 10:28 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticK9 View Post
I've been to Napa and Autozone and there appears to be no repair manual out there like Haynes or Chiltons for my 05 Chevy DMAX..... :box It's a 2005 and you'd think that there would be one out there??? Does chevy have one you could buy??? Where can I get a repair manual???
Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Repair Manual 2001-2005: eBay Motors (item 220606045667 end time Jun-13-10 18:35:44 PDT)

It's no Helms, but at $25, it's not bad. I've got one. In fact, I've got several manuals from these guys for pennies compared to even Haynes and Chiltons. If you don't mind having to use a laptop or the occasional printing.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:30 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

You can get the GM manuals from Helm, Inc.
- Everything you could possibly want to know, and much more you won't.

2005 Silverado Sierra/Sierra Denali (CK8-Platform) Truck Service Manual Set - Helm Incorporated

Quote:
Service and Owner Information
> Chevrolet & Geo > 2005 > Silverado
2005 Silverado Sierra/Sierra Denali (CK8-Platform) Truck Service Manual Set

Price: $135.00

Contains Factory Authorized Service information written by General Motors. It contains Diagnostic Information and Procedures, Schematics and Routing Diagrams, Component Locator, Repair Instructions, Description and Operation, Specifications, and Special Tools and equipment. Service information on HVAC, Body & Accessories, Restraints, Steering, Suspension, Driveline/Axle, Brakes, Engine and Transmission/Transaxle.
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"

Hook'em_Horns! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2010, 10:36 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

So is there a big difference between the one on ebay and the helm inc one?
EXT: POS Boondock Bumpers Smitybilt XRC 12K winch,Yakima Rack cab, Leer Browning Gun Safe Ed w/Yakima Rack+Ext, Black tail lights w/guards, black headlights, 2-Hella 500FF, 8-Hella 700FF, Debadged, herulined lower & stepbars
INT: Husky Liners mats, in dash DVD player, DashKing Cover
UNDER HOOD: Battery Blankets/Trickle Chargers, Oil/Trans/Block heaters, PPE Trans/Diff Pans, Firestone 2250/1003-F/R airbags, AFE MP, PCV Reroute, Filter Spacer/nicktane fuel adapter, Roush Intake, Titan 52gal tank, 100gal custom stainless bed tank gravity fed, magnaflow turboback
ArticK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2010, 10:01 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticK9 View Post
So is there a big difference between the one on ebay and the helm inc one?
Oh yeah. Like Hook'em said. Basically Helms > Ebay DVD. However, it is super cheap and enough for most...at least me.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:27 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Im Superrrrr!

there is alldatadiy.com as well.

Sponsored by Creatures of the Night Performance and SDP
--2005 CCLB Dually
The tow pig
Tuned and Edge Insight CTS
jmaz268 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2010, 10:33 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

i have a helms for my truck, its 5 phonebook sized manuals that cover every part of the truck, and the pages are even phonebook thickness, so imagine say.....7000+ pages about the 2005 Silverado/Sierra/Denali 1500/2500/3500 and every motor, trans, and option for that year

for $150 bucks its an investment but its a good one if youre a DIYer

built trans and lift pump coming soon!

special thanks to
ADP, ATP, HDP, UDP, BDDP, MJS
SteepyBS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2010, 01:50 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

The haynes manual for the silverado covers both the gas and diesel engine. it just doesnt say it on the cover.
Current - 2008 2500HD CCSB LTZ 4x4 LMM, Blue granite metallic and de-badged. AFE momentum HD intake, XDP intake grid heater delete, ported fuel rail fitting, FASS Titanium 150 lift pump, Transgo Jr, 3" MBRP down pipe into 5" MBRP turbo back straight pipe into 7" MBRP Single stack, EGR blocker plate, Edge insight CTS with EGT probe, 3" lowering shackles and torsion bolts removed, EFI live DSP5 by Kory Willis.

SOLD - 2005 2500HD CCSB LS 4x4 LLY, Black and de-badged. K&N Drop in, 6" Zone lift, 37x13.5 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, 5" MBRP turbo back into a single 8" stack, Edge Evo CTS, All around Alpine System, EGR Block and finger stick, pcv reroute, res plugged. AFE Mouthpiece. FPRV shim kit.
05Duramax07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2010, 08:01 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Duramax07 View Post
The haynes manual for the silverado covers both the gas and diesel engine. it just doesnt say it on the cover.
Can you post the number of that Haynes manual? I've got a 99-06 Silverado, but it only covers up to 6.0L on the 2500+
Old 07-26-2010, 04:38 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonday View Post
Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Repair Manual 2001-2005: eBay Motors (item 220606045667 end time Jun-13-10 18:35:44 PDT)

It's no Helms, but at $25, it's not bad. I've got one. In fact, I've got several manuals from these guys for pennies compared to even Haynes and Chiltons. If you don't mind having to use a laptop or the occasional printing.
I've got a 2006 Savana 3500 D-max I'm using as a donor vehicle. The engine/trans are going in a 4x4 project. The van was involved in a front-end collision resulting in damage to some intake parts, as well as the fuse box under the hood. For the motor swap, I'll need a good service manual with electrical diagrams to thin out the electrical harness of anything not related to the engine electronics. Do these E-bay CD's have good elecrical diagrams, or am I better off shelling out the $130 for the Haynes?
Bread is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.