fuel line fittings are a b!tch - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 04:16 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Angry fuel line fittings are a b!tch

im really struggling at getting the my fuel lines apart to install my airdog II. i looked around about what to and got the fuel line tools that look like this

whats the secret to getting the lines apart now??
EFILive, Stock Trans and DJM 3-5 drop
TMX864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 04:22 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

they are a pain in the ass. just make sure you have the right size tool for the line and when you push it into the fitting make sure its in all the way to the collar. when its all the way in twist fitting tool around and try to pull the line apart. that usually works for me.

built trans . S464 . AD2 165 . 7" stack
i_keyser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 04:29 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

ok thanks. putting this dam thing in is really frustrating me..the airdog instructions really suck. and im not the most patient person. The fuel lines are 1/2 inch right?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:36 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Those suck ass I tried using those and couldn't do it luckily my buddie had the actuall fuel line disconnect tool from snap on so much easier to use.
cole30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 04:47 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DF Sponsors
Supporting Member

the Lisle fuel line disconnect tools work the best in my experience. You can find them at sears.

You have to simualtaniously push the connector "in" and push the tool in, then once you push the tool in, pull the connector OUT.

Its tricky the first time you do it but once you've figured it out it takes 2 seconds to disconnect fuel lines.

ben

-BT DieselWorks, LLC-

Specializing in a wide range of custom electronics and great gadgets for your 2001+ GM full size truck/SUV

Allison torque converter lockup controllers, Allison Tap-Shift kits, digital DSP-5 switches, affordable injector harness repair kits, and much more!

Check out our online store at www.btdieselworks.com and use promo code DMAXFORUM for 5% off all orders!

307.200.9255 - btdieselworks@gmail.com - Be sure to "like" us on Facebook!
duratothemax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 05:36 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Yes it is 1/2". The Lisle 39400 angled fuel line disconnect tools work great & were about $10.

Lisle Corporation

Push the tool all the way in to the flange & rotate the tool while pulling on the fuel line.
BANKS Ram Air Intake + Super Scoop, Banks Boost CAC Tube, BD Exhaust Manifold, EGR Blocker, MBRP DP, 4" Turbo-Back Exhaust w/ Aero-Turbine 4040, PCV Reroute, Transgo Jr., B&M Racing Deep Pan, Pure-Power Filter, SunCoast Deep Filter Lock,
Autometer Ultra-Lite II - EGT & Boost in overhead. NCT/Bilstein Shocks, Sulastic Shackles, Kryptonite Tie-Rods, Cognito UCA & Steering Braces, Firestone Ride-Rite Airbags, Reunel Bumper, Open Country M/T, LINE-X, TruXedo Tonneau, Pro-Tech Toolbox, Pioneer FH-P8000BT, i-pod, Focal 165KF Frt & Rear, JL Audio 300/4 Amp, Focal 27KX Subs, Audison Amp, Rattle-Trap Xtreme.
Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 06:38 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

ya i went out and bought a autocraft one too. i figured it would be stronger but i think ive already bent it past fixing. Maybe my lines are too rusted, idk, but i dont see how its possible with mine to push in from both ends.. i cant even get the wrench started in the first place. plus the added fun of being cramped under my truck with hardly even enough room to get the wrench in is really making me want to cry ha
Old 07-29-2010, 11:00 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

bummppp

so i think my fittings are rusted and filled with road dirt past the point of getting off. I took it to a guy in town who had the listle tools and everything and we both couldnt get it off. 6 years of winter make these about impossible to pull apart is what i think. Sooooo my question is: In the instructions it says something about hooking it up straight to the top of the tank... would this work. Can i by pass all the lines and give the ones up top a try? I havent dropped the tank yet but i would guess that these fitings would be in better shape then the ones around the front of the tank??
Old 07-29-2010, 11:44 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

mine was a bitch too, swear a few more times and tug hard and it should come apart. my truck only had 30k on it when i did mine and they were still a major PITA
S475, Duramaxtuner.com, OUO Traction bars!! M/A Trans, AD 100, LML Manifold, 2/4 Drop, 34" Nittos!!
Jscherbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2010, 08:20 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
I know nothing
Lifetime Supporting Member

They can be tough. Wiggle the fuel line around while pushing in on the lisle tool. If you are having alot of trouble, try pulling the bed off. Its only a few bolts and it'll make the job way easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.