Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Water/Meth is here

6K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  Killerbee 
#1 ·
Just opened the box and there it was. I guess tomorow we will see if we can make this little truck even more stupid than it is now. :drink:gearjamin

Phil

#4 ·
Just out of curiosity. Why'd you go with the Coolingmist Kit? Does anyone else run Water/Meth. I've been lookin into it, but I cant make up my mind.

#6 ·
what is the website you got it from?...

#7 ·
I got it from these guys. Best prices around.

Upstate Diesel Performance

I went with the Coolingmist kit because it is way more simple than the others. I didn't want a computure to run the thing. This has a switch in the cab to arm the system and then a boost switch that turns it on when you reach you set boost pressure. It is about $200 cheaper than all the others. I just wanted it to lower EGT's but they tell me that the way I will run it to lower EGT's will gain me about 70 horsepower as well. That should put me pretty close to 600 horsepower at the rear wheels.:rockin

Phil

#8 ·
The cooling mist kit is real similar to how the older Snow kits were run. A hobbs switch kicks the pump on at a specific boost level and you begin to get the cooling effects of the water. This is a good way to go if you are using the kit for a specific purpose, like sleds or drags, as it will always inject the same amount of water or water/meth mixture under a given load. Now, if your loads vary and want to use it for more than one purpose, then thats where the more expensive computer controlled kits really shine. Rreally it boils down to what you need the kit for, or would like it to do for you.

#11 ·
the Mater Meth kit is a great investment i have the Stage 3 Snow Performance kit which has 3 nozzles as i reach higher boost levels i shoots the next nozzle the way i have it set up is it starts at 6PSI then the next one hits at 12PSI and the last one comes in at 18PSI and it dropped my EGT's by atleast 300* with water only,when i use to run the 425HP tune on my LBZ on level ground i had a hard time keeping it belowe 1250* and now it hardly ever sees even 900-1000* while just cruising...when i run the water/meth mix which is a 50/50 mixture it drops EGT's alot more plus adds lots of extra ponies..
i'll post some pixs if i have time..

#17 ·
Your rims and tires look bigger than 265's....they look nice. I miss having a black truck....they are hard to keep clean but they do clean up realllllly nice. One question I have is...and sorry if I sound stupid...but the water/meth kit.....do you have to fill it with water or something? How much did it cost? And does it cost you extra to have it?

#19 ·
The kit was about $350 and it doesn't come with a tank. All it does it squirt windshield washer fluid, yes you heard me, into your intake. Windshield washer fluid is 75% water and 25% methanol. I use my windshield washer fluid tank on the truck now for my supply. The kit comes with a boost switch that turns the system on when you reach a set boost level. Very easy to install. I was looking to lower my EGT's and I got some horsepower as well.

Phil

#20 ·
Wow....that's pretty cool. I would like to get myself one of those. Only thing that sux is....windshield washer fluid is getting kinda pricey. Do you use the good stuff? Or the cheap stuff?

#22 ·
i run plain distilled H2O thru my Water/Meth kit but i have the stage 3 setup..i luv it.
heres a few pics of my install
sorry to hijack the thread
starts in the bed with a 7 Gal tank

underneath the bed on the backside of the cab the pump

now were it goes into the intercooler

#27 · (Edited)
Is pre-compressor the way to go ? Or would it be benifical to run two nozzles, one on the intake and the other pre-turbo ? ( being a LLY )
Just thinking out loud here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.