Keyless entry not working. - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 10:13 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Keyless entry not working.

I'm getting really annoyed. First my speedo died a few months ago, and now my keyless entry seems to have given up. About 2 weeks ago keyfob #2 suddenly quit working, no warning, no loss of range, just stopped working. I assumed that the battery was dead, so I just started using the other clicker. Then a couple days ago that one stopped working too. I bought new batteries, still doesn't work. Read the section in the Owners manual on re-whatevering them, and that doesn't seem to work either. Is there a certain fuse I should check, or something else that could cause this?

The power door locks still work, everything else still seems to work, just not the remotes.
StinkBug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2008, 12:39 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

I had a similar problem on my wifes old suburban and pulled the fuse for the keyless entry modual and plugged it in and started from scratch with the fob programming and that worked, but i didn't have any other electrical problems at the same time. yours sounds to me like the problems may be related some how. I would check all grounds first then try to run down the keyless entry antenna wire and be sure its not shorted somewhere.

hope this helps and if not its a free bump for ya. good luck
PSD guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2008, 01:05 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Well I'm pretty sure the problems aren't related. I had the speedo checked out and it's the stepper motor in the cluster. All the sensors work fine, my odometer reads accurate, the needle just likes to kinda do it's own thing. Sometimes reads 0 sometimes it's off the end of the gauge.

I'm pretty sure the keyless entry thing is a totally separate problem. I'd be willing to try pulling the fuse and resetting the system, but I dont know what fuse it is. I read through the manual and it doesn't say clearly which one it is.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:03 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

now that i think about it i thing i had to ground a certain pin to reset it and i was using a service manual to get the pin locations. you may need to go to your dealer and ask to photo copy the pages from their service manual for your keyless entry (if they will let you. I have dealers up here I can do that with occasionally).
Old 06-13-2008, 06:33 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

I have an 2003 HD2500 Duramax that the only keyless entry remote I have quit working and not the battery or remote problem, it was the truck. I went through every fuse looking at each one because I dont have a fuse tester and couldnt find anything on the fuse charts or owners manual that resembled having to do with keyless entry. Anyway, under the hood in the fuse box there on drivers side, there is one in the back that is pink and has 30a 32v and is a fusk link protector. Your chart will say stud 2 or something like that and when you look it up in your owners manual, it will only say Auxillary. Kinda fat fuse with a clear window on the top of it. Check to see if the tiny bar is burned in half through that window. Anyway, I replaced my and my keyless entry remote went right back to working and didnt even have to reprogram. All these months I have been using a key to get in and out and no one could tell me what it could be! Good luck!

I lost the number 1 remote when I first bought the truck. Puppy chewed it up. Does anyone know if I can buy a second remote for this truck off ebay or whereever and program it to work? Thanks!

Last edited by prairiepines; 06-13-2008 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Im a woman....my perogative. wink wink
prairiepines is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2008, 10:04 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

I know the owners manual says you can get replacement remotes, and there is a procedure for programming them. Of course it says to get em from your dealer, but I'm sure that you can get ones on ebay too.

Thanks for the tip on that fuse, I'll check it out.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:18 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiepines View Post

I lost the number 1 remote when I first bought the truck. Puppy chewed it up. Does anyone know if I can buy a second remote for this truck off ebay or whereever and program it to work? Thanks!
I bought some new ones for $5 at a wrecking yard. just make sure they willl match the one you have I forget what #s to check on it
Old 06-17-2008, 09:25 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
VAGITARIAN :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkBug View Post
I know the owners manual says you can get replacement remotes, and there is a procedure for programming them. Of course it says to get em from your dealer, but I'm sure that you can get ones on ebay too.

Thanks for the tip on that fuse, I'll check it out.
Some of the parts stores are selling new fobs.Then they prog for ya vehicle f45k the dealership!!!:rockin
2006 GMC 4x4 CC/SB/sle1/LBZ**312,000 miles!!** PPE HOT+2 225 TUNE beeeyotch:-)AutoMeter egt/boost Suncoast 5 trans w/1056TC!,billet in/out shafts/MagHytec pan!!,M/A built T-Case,4 in.str8piped,5%tint all around......
2007 Chevrolet 4x4 cc\sb,lbz.......SOLD to blunova
Also, I speed and don't come to complete stops at stop signs.

''don't sweat the petty things,pet the sweaty things''
Click below/pictures of my junk!!
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/vb...do=hall&u=8415
daddysLBZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.