Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

What do you always keep in your Duramax?

5K views 35 replies 26 participants last post by  lutzjk913 
#1 ·
I'm curious... What don't you leave home without? I'll start..

I always keep: small ratchet/screwdriver set: 5/16-3/4" (which is too small, looking for a better one), small hammer (you never know), a roll of duct tape, spare Napa Gold fuel filter and WIF sensor, strap wrench, PPE WIF wrench, Diesel 911 (in the winter), 4-way tire iron (because the one they give you sucks), first aid kit, 3"x30' recovery strap (10k work load) and clevis, jumper cables, 4D maglite, and maybe a few other odds and ins I'm forgetting.

#2 ·
three giant totes in the box filled with everything you described and tons more, usually a chainsaw, always have a spare tank of gas in the bed, and other various farm tools/projects depending on what i'm doing, "hunting tools" of several sizes and uses, and 3 days worth of cloths, and every outer garment known to man, due to changing MN weather.

#3 ·
Everything.
3ton floor jack
4 way
5 gallon gas can
60mm ammo can with ratchet straps/ recovery strap and clevis
Spare boots
Tool box with ratching wrenches/sockets/breaker bars/pliers/screw drivers
Electrical repair kit with wire/solder/torch/extra butane/fuses
Grease gun with a couple extra tubes
6" of 4x4 and other small chunks of wood
funnels
Whatever extra fluid doesnt get used for the last project
Spray paint/pb blaster/white lithium grease
and other random shit

#4 ·
Depends which one I`m driving. Something that's in all of them is ratchet straps and a receiver hitch , ball and hitch pin.

#8 ·
Toolbox, safety glasses, muffs, jumper cables, cargo straps (The good military ones), and my Search & Rescue backpack.

#10 ·
A weapon or two, ammo and magazines locked up in the cab safe. In the back of the cab is fuel additive, paper towels, funnel, winch remote and targets. In the tool box, jumper cables, heavy duty extension cord, several ratchet straps, webbing and the bubba rope.

Ice scrapper, snow brush and snow shovel changes location depending on time of year.

#11 ·
My normal stuff includes:
Gun
Tow strap
Two hitches
Basic hand tools
Jumper cables
Come along
Bolt cutters
Rubber gloves
Work gloves
Flashlight(s)
TP
Tie downs
Paper Towels
Water
Misc snacks
Ice scraper
Handheld GPS
Fuses
Flares
Batteries

Added in winter:
Blanket
Ice Scraper
Carhartt & other cold weather gear

Then I'll add to that depending on where I'm going/what I'm doing.

#12 ·
Chainsaws and gas mix for them, bar and chain oil, choker chains, trailer hitch receiver, and BEER. My wife just laughs at me for always having a 6-pack in the truck. I told her I needed to re-hydrate after I get done cutting at my wood yard all day and someone always stops up there to shoot the sh*t with me. What better way to shoot the the shi*t than on the tailgate sipping on a cold one :)

#13 · (Edited)
Al depends on where I'm traveling to but for just daily...

the bed

Jumpers
waterproof LED spotlight
4 way
safety torx set
gorilla tape
batteries
lots of bungie straps
ratchet straps
fuel treatment

the cab

sunglasses
tire pressure gauge
valve core tool
2 fixed blade military knives each with a full lighter in the sheaths
2 more waterproof led flashlights
60 foot 6" wide strap
work gloves
Sure I'm forgetting some stuff. Nothing crazy.

#14 ·
Flash light
TP
a projectile dispenser
rachet straps
Fuel filters
four way
chains
Sun glasses
cheapo multi tool
mini 12V air compressor
jumper cables
air gauge

#15 ·
Normal stuff such as

Ski mask
Disposable gloves
Red rags
Chloroform
Duct tape/Rope
HD plastic liners

#16 ·
All that stuff and you don't keep a bag of lye? Rookie....

#20 ·
Four way, floor jack, short plank, comprehensive socket set, box wrenches, screw drivers, basic hand tools, battery impact driver and every possible bit for it, drill bits, tape measure, bolt cutters, blow torch, shovel, axe, tons of ratchet straps and bungee cords, rope, engine and gear oil, transmission and power steering fluid, fuel additive/ two stroke oil, funnels, duck tape, zip ties, tarp, blanket, extension cords, jumper cables, tire patch kit, maps, ball hitches, tire chains, tow strap, and a flashlight.
In the winter I add warm clothes and diesel 911.
Last but not least: Beer, ammo, tobacco, condoms, sunglasses, and a cowboy hat lol.

#21 · (Edited)
Bible, 3 Tow straps, extra munchies, backpack stove, coffee, hot cocoa, logging chain, speed wrench, four trailer ball sizes, wrenches, tire repair tools, gloves, spare clothes, magnesium stick, gun, extra mags, chargers, rags and p51 opener, tie downs, duct tape, electrical tape, knife, sunglasses and so much more when i go afield.

#22 ·
1/4 and 3/8 drive socket set in std and metric
a couple of screwdrivers
2 tow straps one with loops one with hooks
jumper cables
small military type shovel
yellow rain suit
a mafia block
ice creepers for my shoes
2 harbor freight movers blankets
a hand held cb radio
old bed sheet
work gloves
Ice scraper
hitch mounted shackle
tire pressure gauge
cell phone chargers, cords 12v and 120v
eye drops, nasal spray, antacids, razor knife, sunglasses, toilet paper, napkins, 6' tape measure, cell phone, flashlight, aspirin/ibuprofen
owner's manual
tool box with misc work tools, that always varies
usually I have a 1/2' breaker bar, 6" extension, 22mm deep socket + a socket for my trailer lug nuts (don't recall the size)
rags and windex
a full size sherman tank
50 state atlas
misc bungees and ratchet straps
a volkswagen

I plan on adding at some point in the future
tire strapon emergency chains or maybe a real set.
a small compressor
grab hook tow chains
come a long

Condoms?? hell I'm married I don't need those anymore. lol

#23 ·
Laughing at all the extreme survivalists.

I always make sure I have......................sunglasses.

That's it............

#24 ·
1/4, 3/8, 1/2 300 pics kobalt set
3/8 and 1/2 impact
6- 10k ratchet straps
8- 1500lb ratchet straps
2- 30' 4" wide recovery straps one with sewn loops and one with chain ends
Electrical kit
Misc hand tools
Hammer
5lb sledge
3ton aluminum jack
Grease gun
4- 20' chains
1- 30' chain
2- rechargeable flashlights
3 phone chargers
Duct and electrical tape
Wd40, PB blaster, lithium grease spray
24" breaker bar
1/2" torque wrench

#25 ·
In cab...
Flask w/whiskey, Levi Garret chew, TP, 200 rnds of .40, 2 spare mags for my M&P40c, M&P40c (normally on my person), maglite, 3" fixed blade hunting knife, leatherman, Garmin Montanan 610, Tikka T3 Lite (223), 20 rnds of 223 (vmax 40 grainers for coyotes), gallon of water, snacks, spare dog bowl and dog food for my ranch hand (my border collie).

In the chest box in the bed...
Bolt cutters, flares, misc sockets and combo wrenches, bottle jack, shovel, chains & binders, ratchet straps, snatch blocks, d-rings, tow strap, spare fuel filters and water seperator, spare engine oil, OptiLube, tire plugs, 550 cord, tarp, old 10 deg mummy bag, backpacking stove, water purifier.

#27 ·
#28 ·
Who knows, he might keep a Garand in there...

Reactions: novaman64
#33 ·
Sig P226 w/ 3 mags
ka-bar
few folding knives
remington 700 and 870 under back seat locked
whacky tobacky and cigarettes
guiness in the seat backs
4 quarts oil
1 quart transfer case oik
1 gal transmission fluid and spare filter
1 quart PS fluid
2 quarts geal oil
full rachet/socket set
sae/metric gear wrench set
FWS tool and spare fuel filter
fuel additive, rags, paper towels, rubber gloves, tow straps, 4 way hitch,shovel, 2x2 flat board, 2 bags sand,bunch of rope,some spare jackets/gloves, and a spare belt/pulleys/tensioner.

probably some other crap too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.