Duraburb? - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 05:49 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

There is one on the Reno Nevada Craigslist
04 2500HD LLY CCSB - EFI Live Tuned by RENODMAX - MBRP 4" SS missing cat - Modded LLY MP and Airbox - Boost and Pyro Gauges - Tow Mirrors - Line-X on rockers, flairs, bumpers, grill and in the bed! - Tuff Country 4" - 35x12.5/17 Nitto M/T - 20% Tint all around - Bumpers Built by Me

www.alligatorperformance.com
CountryBoy2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 06:58 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb21601 View Post
because the allison wont fit in the trans tunnel. check out the 1500 sub vs 2500 and 1500 p/u vs 2500 and you can see how the sub isnt raised like the p/u. therefor, theyd have to mate the duramax with the standard trans and the torque would just shred it. or theyd have to de tune the dmax to the point where its pointless to have. but maybe someday the diesel gods will smile upon gm once again and a duramax sub will be born. :rockin:rockin
The Duramax / Allison combo fits under the Suburban / Yukon XL 2500 but you need to lift the body 2-3 inches. Easy solution to gain the clearance needed. Then let the conversion begin! Awesome truck for pulling toys, seats the whole family, friends and all their luggage. While getting better mileage and power than the original gas engine. Love it!!
ARP studs, grade C gaskets
FASS 150 with Yukon dual tanks
PPE tie rod sleeves , Cognito braces,
AFE air intake, Diamond eye downpipe,
Autometer Boost/Pyro gauges
5 inch exhaust with stainless tip
EFI dsp5 by Idaho Rob
YukonD-max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2011, 06:46 AM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

Lets keep apples to apples here.
If your talking to sales yes 2007-2010 NBS are 20-22K but turn key 03-04 SUVs run 28-32 SUV and all, build cost on your 03-04 with a LBZ@90-110K is 15-17K and 00-02 LB7s are indeed 12-15K

Duramax SUV Builder

Last edited by TheStepChild; 02-26-2013 at 01:00 PM.
DuraBurb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2011, 07:01 AM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Huh^^^^

Could you explain that in English?

2013 Silverado, Tuned (EFI by PPEI) deleted, 5" straight pipe, FASS Titanium 150, color matched front end, retro'd headlights
(FOR SALE)

My LML Build Thread

Instagram: brolandry

One Big Ass Mistake America
U Can't Cure Stupid

www.performancetruckproducts.com

Shop @ the DMAXstore.com
crazycrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2011, 12:03 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuraBurb View Post
Lets keep apples to apples here.
If your talking to sales yes 2007-2010 NBS are 20-22K but turn key 03-04 SUVs run 28-32 SUV and all, build cost on your 03-04 with a LBZ@90-110K is 15-17K and 00-02 LB7s are indeed 12-15K
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycrew View Post
Huh^^^^

Could you explain that in English?
Eric can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe what he is saying is that the cost to convert a 2007-2010 NBS that you already own would be $20-22k.

The cost for a 2003 or 2004 turnkey DuraBurb would be $28-32k

The cost to build a 2003 or 2004 that you already own with an LBZ motor that has between 90-110k miles would be $15-17k.

The cost to build a 2000-2002 that you already own with an LB7 would be $12-15k

Basically, the newer motors cost more, which in turn makes the cost rise for the newer vehicles you want to convert.
Adrenaline Truck Performance
Mad Jack Racing

Last edited by TheStepChild; 02-26-2013 at 01:01 PM.
jtyson8602 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2011, 01:31 PM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

A Suburban was my first vehicle and the Duramax is my favorite motor, its always been my dream to have a 4x4 2500 Duramax Suburban. The ultimate vehicle in my opinion. I have an 85 Suburban that I'm gonna put a cummins into because of ease and cheapness.

2003 GMC Sierra CCSB 2500HD 4x4
Duramax
Rancho lift, Rare Parts tie rods, Cognito braces, Isspro boost and EGT, S&B intake, UDP Cat adapter, Air Dog II 165, 35 inch Toyo Open Country MT, 20x10 wheels, MBRP 4 inch Cool Duals, Troll Performance Tuning EFI Live tuned by Kory Willis

Thanks to Brent at Linclon Diesel Specialties. If you need LB7 injectors, check them out.
BIG PHIL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2011, 01:43 PM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

A new duramax from gm is about 12k$ isn't it? Brand new ally from gm is what 5-6k$?
That's about 18k$ already in just the parts, duraburbs prices don't seem that bad if you have them get you 100% brand new things..
Used obviously is less but not that much less...22k isn't that much to have a brand new duramax and a brand new Allison installed professionally...
15-17 isn't bad either, an lbz/6spd used runs about 8-12k combined..
Lb7's are slightly less obviously.

Not bad IMO.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:14 AM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

On the money Jeremiah.......no pun intended

Actually to build a Duramax SUV "cost effectively" meaning being able to get your money back out later down the road, (in case anyone reading this is up to the challenge), you need to work off of good condition used hardware. Remember a Dmax well maintained is easily a 500K motor and the Ally is a 250K unit hands down, so starting at 50-100K is just scratching the surface.

This is my price new from GM
Engine, siverado, sierra - 8 cylinder - 6.6l diesel - 8 CYLINDER - 6.6L DIESEL
07-10 $7,298.76
Does Not Include: Water Pump, Torsional Damper, Intake And Exhaust Manifolds, Distributor, Flywheel And Clutch Housing.

Transmission siverado, sierra - 8 cylinder - 6.6l diesel-LCT1000-6spd-4x4
07-10 $ 3795.25

Transfer case, silverado, sierra, 6.6l, w/electric shift
2011 $1,750.30

We are at 13K (with my 30% dealer discount) with no shipping and no hardware, building new would drive a build well into the 30K range and just isn't cost effective.

Never throw good money at bad, you won't get it back, Just my finding in the business.
Eric

Duramax SUV Builder
DuraBurb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2011, 09:24 AM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonD-max View Post
The Duramax / Allison combo fits under the Suburban / Yukon XL 2500 but you need to lift the body 2-3 inches. Easy solution to gain the clearance needed. Then let the conversion begin! Awesome truck for pulling toys, seats the whole family, friends and all their luggage. While getting better mileage and power than the original gas engine. Love it!!

i love the idea of a burb with the dmax... as you say it fits, but what other issues did you run into---wiring, body panels, steering columns etc?

i guess alternatively you could use the 4l80 as is in the vans and avoid the body lift if you detune the dmax....

this just means we need the baby dmax.....

2013 LML CC
additions to come soon....
djmercer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2011, 11:51 AM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)

A totaled out doner 2006 LBZ truck was used in this swap into a 2004 Yukon XL, so most parts needed were there. The steering column and IPC needed changed because the 06 had a different shifter and 6 speed display on dash. The rear drive shaft was custom made to the correct length. The HD grille and black filler trim piece were used to close the gap between the front bumper and the raised body. Fuel lines from the tanks slightly modified. Underhood wiring for the most part was a direct swap except for TCM power relay. Also had to run the shifter paddle wiring, and DLC communications for the ECM through the firewall. To keep the rear air condioning working, custom tee hoses were made to connect to the rear lines. Everything looks and works as if it were built that way from the factory. Of course it's no easy task, but worth it if thats what youre looking for.
ARP studs, grade C gaskets
FASS 150 with Yukon dual tanks
PPE tie rod sleeves , Cognito braces,
AFE air intake, Diamond eye downpipe,
Autometer Boost/Pyro gauges
5 inch exhaust with stainless tip
EFI dsp5 by Idaho Rob

Last edited by YukonD-max; 11-23-2011 at 11:54 AM.
YukonD-max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.