Duraburb? - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 11:14 AM   eBay Motors  #31 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

^^ That is a BEAUTIFUL vehicle!
MBRP 4" Exhaust w/Corsa, BD manifold, BMoWheel, Suncoast hood, Airaid & AFE intake, EFI Live by Randy, Airdog, Fleece tap shifter, Autometer gauges, Frontier Extreme front & Rear bumper & running boards by Tietjen's, Line-X'd headache rack, front,rear bumper & running boards, B&W hitch, Sulastics, Pump rub kit, Clarion audio, Python remote, V-2 aux radiator kit, Mike L trans cooler, Transferflow 50gal aux tank/toolbox
GM DRW club member #25 & 26 & ? ~ Gots TRIPLE duallies!!!
Maxdout1: Harrisonburg, Va 540-442-0878
other truck shown: 1999 Blue EC LB 6.0L gasser , Xtra HD DRW conversion, 3500 commercial rear springs w/ Timbrens, CM SK steel flatbed, Ranchhand bumper, EFI torque tune,
Woodbankfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 04:59 AM   eBay Motors  #32 (permalink)

Hey Rabit81 Just go the the dealer with your vin and order them, some things are just cheaper at the dealer, pipes are like 30-40 ea and the cooler is 120 or so.

Duramax SUV Builder
DuraBurb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 06:05 AM   eBay Motors  #33 (permalink)

dang those burbs looks nice
Pontiac1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 08:56 AM   eBay Motors  #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuraBurb View Post
Hey Rabit81 Just go the the dealer with your vin and order them, some things are just cheaper at the dealer, pipes are like 30-40 ea and the cooler is 120 or so.
Thanks so much
rabbit81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2012, 09:05 AM   eBay Motors  #35 (permalink)

Hello everyone, first time user here! I am very interested in Duraburb and what you guys do. I've seen every video on Youtube and I'm hooked!

A few things I'd like to ask:

Does Duraburb have a showroom/place to visit and look at existing vehicles? I frequently travel near orange county FL is why I ask.

I'm very interested in converting a '07-'12 Chevy Avalanche to a duramax.

How long of a time frame does it typically take from drop off of vehicle to turn key status?

And last, what all is needed in the start vehicle? With respect to do you need a 4x4 model to begin with? I'm asking because I am currently looking at vehicles to buy.

Thank you for your time!

-tharms12

Last edited by TheStepChild; 02-26-2013 at 01:05 PM.
tharms12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 06:52 AM   eBay Motors  #36 (permalink)

It's all pretty straight forward really here's the skinny

Does Duraburb have a showroom/place to visit and look at existing vehicles? I frequently travel near orange county FL is why I ask.

No "show room" but you are more then welcome to come by the shop anytime during business hours, Go to Google Maps and just type DuraBurb in the search bar for the hrs & location.

I'm very interested in converting a '07-'12 Chevy Avalanche to a duramax.

I would recommend not going newer then 2010 at this time as that would technically mandate a LML in many US States which can't currently be freely programmed, just box tuned by H&S.

You can build it as a 1500 or you also have the option to go to a 2500 format if you wish which was never available from GM in the GMT900 format

How long of a time frame does it typically take from drop off of vehicle to turn key status?

We quote 30 days but build time is 2 weeks and then test drive time and shipping rack it up to somewhere in the 30 day mark

And last, what all is needed in the start vehicle? With respect to do you need a 4x4 model to begin with? I'm asking because I am currently looking at vehicles to buy.

It can be converted to 4X4 if you find a great deal on a 2WD but only if you are upgrading to a 2500 frame as we do not 4X4 convert 1500 frames.

Duramax SUV Builder
DuraBurb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 06:50 AM   eBay Motors  #37 (permalink)

Ok, great thank you. Now all I need is to find a good deal on an avalanche!
Old 05-21-2012, 06:53 AM   eBay Motors  #38 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I'd consider getting a 2500 frame if possible. If you're going to tow anything heavy, it might be a little bit more insurance for that DMAX torque
2007 GMC SLE CC 4x4 LBZ / 285/75/16 BFG AT's / EFI Live (DSP5 Tunes by Nick) /EDGE Insight CTS /Readylift (Bilstein 5100's) 1 inch block /MBRP Straight Pipe /PCV Reroute/EGR Blocked /DDM tuning 6k HID's /Transgo JR /Pioneer AVH-P4300dvd /Kicker CVT 10" Subwoofer /Kicker ZX400.1 Amp/tie rod sleeves
contenderv07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 10:11 AM   eBay Motors  #39 (permalink)

Right, I'm definitely looking at 4x4 models. Not going for a 2x unless it's too good of a deal to pass up. And just to clarify, if the Avalanche is 4x4, is it a 2500 frame?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:24 PM   eBay Motors  #40 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure they sold 1500 4x4 avalanches. You will need to specifically look for a 2500 model.
Adrenaline Truck Performance
Mad Jack Racing
jtyson8602 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.