2002 6.6 litre Duramax - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 06:57 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

2002 6.6 litre Duramax

I am looking at buying a 2002 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 litre Duramax Diesel, extended cab, short box.
Does anyone have some pros and cons for this truck, what to look for, recalls, warranties, etc. And ultimately if it is a good truck, engine and should I buy it or not?
Thanks
Lee
leecanty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 07:21 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Buy it if you get a good price I have an 02 love it get a dealer to check the vin to see if injectors have been done other wise no issues I am at 130000 mi
LB7 , Custom air box, Feed horn mod, Gauges, MBRP 5" strait pipe, Diablosport predator, ddp +50hp injectors, 4inch lift, 325/75R18 hancook dynapro atm's, eclipse head unit, kicker speakers, kenwood amp and 12" kenwood sub.

10 Jetta TDI, 17" wheels and full tint!

98 Bayliner Capri sport

04 Fleetwood Wilderness 24' Bunkhouse
twistiron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2011, 07:30 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistiron View Post
Buy it if you get a good price I have an 02 love it get a dealer to check the vin to see if injectors have been done other wise no issues I am at 130000 mi
Thanks for your hasty reply,
I am getting a decent price up here in Canada from my research, $15,000 canadian for the truck, it has 164,000 kms on it, so 100,000 miles, not too bad, I will check into the injectors forsure, thanks for that. I have heard about that issue before. So what if they have not been done, but seem to be ok, should I stay away from the truck, quite an expensive fix if they do go eh? The warranty is up now as well, so it would be on my dime.
Anything else you got for me?
Cheers mate,
Lee
Old 01-21-2011, 07:41 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

my 02 duramax is still running like new 101,000+ miles on original injectors..

2002 Chevy 2500HD LB7 Duramax <Has 101k, PPE HOT+2 on 225 tune, Edge CTS, Industrial Injection 42% cp3, AIRDOG 165, Banks Ram Air, Banks Wastegate Actuator, MBRP Single 5" Offroad Exhaust with 6" Tip, 7" CST Lift, PPE Deep Sump Pan, PPE Diff Cover, 06' Mirrors & Taillights, Pioneer Deck & Sound, Rancho Shox :rockin >
xposr2vicious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2011, 08:03 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Public Enemy #1
Supporting Member

My Styx went 180k

Get it. 01-02 best trucks in the world.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:46 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

If the injectors have been replaced that would be the best situation the issue with the originals was corrected before replecement but if they have not been replaced then keep some money aside for new ones. IMO the lb7 is the best dmax out there
LB7 , Custom air box, Feed horn mod, Gauges, MBRP 5" strait pipe, Diablosport predator, ddp +50hp injectors, 4inch lift, 325/75R18 hancook dynapro atm's, eclipse head unit, kicker speakers, kenwood amp and 12" kenwood sub.

10 Jetta TDI, 17" wheels and full tint!

98 Bayliner Capri sport

04 Fleetwood Wilderness 24' Bunkhouse
twistiron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2011, 07:24 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Hey thanks
How much would I be saving for the injectors? $2000 roughly? and they could do at anytime? things to look for are smoking at idle, rough idle, raw diesel smell, poor mpg, what is a decent mpg? reduced power and fuel in the oil is that kinda the symptoms of the injectors going? When I take it into a shop for a pre sale inspection, I should ask them to do a balance rate test, is that correct?
Thanks again,
Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.