Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Automatic start

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  M.A.M. 
#1 ·
Do you have it in your truck? Yes or No? If so is it everything you wished for?! If no, why not?

#2 ·
Ok, not sure why your asking. But I'll bite. I live in Florida and it's always hot. I have had remote start on my last two trucks. Use the piss out of it. Love it. My wife's car doesn't have it. Her next car will. Love the onstar app so i can start it with my phone. Wish it would automatically turn on the ac / heated seats as appropriate instead of having to remember to hit the button before turning off the truck. Also wish there was a setting to have the ac seats stay on once you turn the key vs having to hit the button again.

#3 ·
have it. love it for winter warm ups. Wish it wouldnt turn off though. it would be nice if it were to keep running until the key is in.

#4 ·
I live in Missouri where it both gets equally 1000 degrees and also-40. The thought crossed my mind to get one but I didn't know if there was negatives to them. Harmful to the truck or whatever. Python is the brand near me

#5 ·
To the OP. Do you mean remote start?

#7 ·
Yes I have auto start. I am happy with it as it will run the climate control based on outside temperature. I wish it would run a bit longer but the Dmax takes so long to heat up that it likely would not warm up enough to get the heat going anyway.

#10 ·
I mainly use it in the winter. Its a nice feature to have.

#12 ·
For the newer models 10 minutes for the first activation and you can hit it again for another 10 minutes for a total of 20 minutes.

#13 ·
I thought that's how it was. 10 min. I would primarily use it in winter time. But honestly what can the truck do in an extra 10 min? Slightly defrost the windows?

#15 ·
You would be surprised how much 10 min helps in the winter. My ECT will do from 30-110ish before I get in the truck. To me its huge in the winter when it is 20 and below... Truck doesn't like to move much when cold like that.

#14 ·
If you have onstar active you can use an app on your phone to start the truck as well as lock or unlock the doors. I use when the truck is outside and has been sitting for a while. Great feature, especially the onstar app. Call the truck up while still in an event hall and it is all warmed up for me when get out to it.

#16 ·
Yup. And if you remember to leave the defroster on and temp up, it'll do wonders.... also, If you leave your seat warmer on, your bum will thank you...

#17 ·
Add me to the list.. I have it and use it everyday I drive the truck. first truck with remote start and now I want it on everything !!

#19 ·
^^^ .... x2!

#20 ·
I use a Viper alarm on my LB7 and it will run up to 60 minutes. From a long way away without having to pay for onstar.

The LML remote does not stay on long enough IMO. I wish the BCM could be programmed to increase the run time to 30 minutes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.