Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Just how loud is the AirDog II 4G???

3K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  SoCalMike 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 LBZ Duramax - looking to add a lift-pump and like the ease of the install with the AirDog II 4G since I don't need a sump.

But I am very worried about the noise. I rode in a truck with a FASS pump recently and it was mind numbing.

As it a noise level that someone would notice?

#3 ·
My fass is super quiet with no sump,, i forget it's there sometimes and can't hardly see it unless you're looking for it.. New mounting bracket is a lot more adjustable than the old style..

#4 ·
The only way I can hear my Air Dog II 4G running is if the engine is not running and the radio is almost all the way down, it's really amazing how quiet it is

#5 ·
Can hardly hear my 165 II. I have to turn radio down and lean my head down near the floor to make sure it's turning whenever I start up cold. Never hear it ..

#6 ·
Same with my AD 165 II AND THE 4G is supposed to be even quieter.

#7 ·
I can't hear my Fass 150 even when the motor isn't running. I was scared of it being to loud at first but really its super quiet.

#8 ·
My fass is super quiet, can only hear it with just the key on not running. Once the truck is running cannot hear it.

#9 ·
You just reminded me.....that I have a 165 4G and I only hear it with the door open and cycling the key to start. No sump, no straw and no 1/4 tank issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.