Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

New Power Strokes are lookin' pretty good right now!

16K views 127 replies 49 participants last post by  LML6600DMAX 
#1 · (Edited)
I doubt I'm the only one thinking this, but those new Fords Super Duty trucks are looking real good and have some great numbers to boot. GM has fallen so far behind the other two in capacity and I don't have much confidence that this new Duramax is going to be all that output wise. I'm feeling a brand switch coming next year when the 2017s F250/350 get cheaper. Interior and exterior look nicer and more spacious. GM always seems to be behind the others running the same old trucks for far too long. The last gen was so dated in 2014 that I believe this new generation will be the same.

This coming from a long time GM fanboy 3 of which were DMAX

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Those 17 Super Duties might be the ugliest fricken trucks I've ever seen. They've always had bigger numbers and the GM trucks continue to outperform... Ain't worried about nothin.

#3 ·
Although the Super Duty and Cummins are both very stout trucks and tout some impressive numbers, I have driven and hauled w/ all 3 and I will take my Duramax any day of the week. The Ford interiors are nice and big, but my Denali has more than enough room for anyone I've ever had in it and I've never been a huge fan of the "Tonka Toy" interior design of the Ford....... You go ahead and get one, I will stick w/ what I got :)

#11 ·
I respect all the brands and like then all, I wouldn't own a RAM though due to them not reselling as high as GM or Ford and I typically get rid of these before the warranty is up as when diesels break they're expensive to fix

#12 · (Edited)
Interior and exterior look nicer and more spacious
They turned down the blockyness in the interior and it looks wayyy better, but you look at that exterior and tell me it looks good... Dodge, Ford, and Nissan are trying for the ugliest looking trucks of 2017

But on a serious note, unless ford has changed their CP4 design to something else, the bigger numbers are only going to mean more fuel and more failures. Last I heard they were not covering the CP4 failures under warranty like chev was, more headaches for Ford owners.

#14 ·
I sure hope GM does away with this CP4 here with this L5P version but I don't have much confidence is that either. FORd should also go with those smokes roof markers like I have on mine...ain't nobody got time for yalla'

#17 ·
That white color you keep putting up isn't doing it any favors. Just wondering how you will feel in 2020 when GM still has the same look from 2015. Maybe it will win the most dated design truck award with the least in class towing capacity award

Apparently nobody else is irritated that we've had the same lame power since 2011 and the other brands are at least entertaining us with more power

#19 ·
Based on what state you're in? Which license you have? Which truck configuration you have? Either way GM is bottom of the barrel

I've been on this forum for quite a while and like I said had a few DMAX trucks...never realized how many brand whore nut swingers there were though

#46 ·
I can say for a fact that the lml platform can handle 30k the milk guys in my area start every morning at 30k and end the day between 15 and 20.
They said she's working but can do it. Which samething as ford and ram both can do it. Do these number mean anything from the automaker? Not really.
End of the day pick the one you like the most and expect some sort of warranty claims. It's part of the business. But let's be honest there's ALOT more powerstrokes long blocks being replaced then an lml. The new l5p we all know gm won't use the cp4 unless bosch has proven the updates are dependable now. In due time

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

#25 ·
I guess. :rolleyes:
I feel embarrassed when I have to drive one on a rental. nono

Talk about dated....straight out of 1983, from the famous Griswald Family Design team, still at work, decades later...using the best in Lipstick vs Preparation-H...and it still stays searingly Butt-Ugly. :rofl

Attachments

#37 ·
Whoa good catch Hookem! Definitely same design team...lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#28 ·
Since you think the new Ford is sooo much better than the Duramax why don't you just hop on over to a powerchoke forum. You will get a lot more agreeing with you there.

#30 ·
Oh silly but swingers I said I like them all.
It was funnier like this^ before your edit....'bout fell out the chair :rofl

#31 ·
It's an open forum for duramax users who all for the most part like their trucks. What did you expect? Everyone to come on here saying nice little comments about how gm needs to step their game up or that's a nice looking truck. You didn't get that, you got their honest opinions and if you don't like them then YOU can go somewhere else. No need for everyone else to change to fit your needs. Makes you wonder sometimes you know.

#32 ·
Didn't I tell the fanboy post whores like yourself to excuse yourself from my thread. If you don't have somewhat of a respect for all of the largest manufacturers of trucks these days you're crazy. They all have their pros and cons and they all build a quality truck, but you can't see past them in your little area of bodunk Alabama

#35 ·
I go with who has the best product to fit my needs. I also don't hide that I am a Ford guy before all others

With that said, I hope the new Ford grows on me, because right now I am not feeling it.

I get what you are saying on GM being behind on styling upgrades. I'm a fan of them rocking a popular style as long as possible though. I think GM was lacking on the styling game until the recent body style. We can't like em all though, unless of course you are a die hard fan.

As far as "legal" numbers, as previously stated, they don't typically apply to the private not for hire fellow.

Reactions: BigRoller
#38 ·
Tow rating is literally meaningless both for commercial and private use (legally speaking).

Gm is smart not to slap a ridiculous 32k rating on a 1 ton. Ask some hotshot guys how often ford and ram stand behind that number. I'm sure you will find they are all getting stiffed when it comes to warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#40 ·
I dont like the styling on the 17s at all. I like the 16s and prior. Buddy of mine has a pearl white metallic 16' f250 Lariat Ultimate, he color matched everything and it looks pretty good! The 6.7s are having failures though. My girlfriend works parts at a ford dealer and her dad is a Master ASE certified ford tech for 30+ years. Theyve had alot of 6.7s coming in lately for turbo failures, usually taking out the motor in the process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.