Buying an LBZ question - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Buying an LBZ question

Been awhile since I have been on the forum. Bought a 2006 CCSB LBZ in 2013 and then sold it a year later....huge mistake. Been missing it ever since.

Back in the market for a 2006 or 2007 CCSB LBZ SLT and am floored at the prices. I am seeing 100K to 140K mile trucks listed for $28 and up. 200K mile trucks listed for $22K.

My question to all:

If you were buying a, new to you, LBZ and assuming the condition was basically the same would you pay $28K for a 100 - 140,000 mile truck or $22K for a 200K mile truck and spend the extra 6K on parts?

Thanks for your opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 10:32 AM

I wouldn't buy either at those prices just plain ridiculous. Look at llys which are essentially the same and usually alot cheaper because they are not the so called best engine. Yes some have hedgasket issues but I wouldn't be afraid to buy one. Also if you live in an area with no emissions get an lmm which can be found for the same prices if not cheaper and delete it.

Ethan
2008 LMM CCSB LT2 4x4
ATP EFI Live
5" Magnaflow
DRP Blocker Plate
DRP PCV Reroute

2006 LBZ ECSB 4X4 - SOLD
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 10:39 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

LMLs can be had for the same or cheaper. I've been looking a bit and found a lot of CCsb/lb ltz/slt/denali trucks with 160k or so for 26-27k. LBZs are ridiculous, because its the newest you can go without a DPF. If you are able to delete, the LML is the best there is currently in my opinion.
BigRoller likes this.

Justin O.
04.5 Silverado 2500hd ECLB LLY 190k and counting

Mods: 5" MBRP Straight Pipe, Leveled Tow Mirrors, EGR Blocked, Magnaflow Downpipe, CTS2 w/ EGT probe, S&B Mouthpiece, PCV Reroute, Bilstein 5100s, PPEI EFI, Fass 150 Lift Pump, Kryptonite Tie Rods, Cognito PISK, 20x10 -19 Gear Big Block 726mb, 305/50r20 Toyo Proxes S/T, Tbar bolts removed.

Future Mods:EGR Delete, Built Trans, Load Level Bags, Drop Shackles.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Where you located? You should be able to find clean LBZ with sub 150k miles in the low 20s, and even in some cases high teens.

2006 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 ECSB LBZ
Nick
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme View Post
Where you located? You should be able to find clean LBZ with sub 150k miles in the low 20s, and even in some cases high teens.
North Georgia
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic View Post
LMLs can be had for the same or cheaper. I've been looking a bit and found a lot of CCsb/lb ltz/slt/denali trucks with 160k or so for 26-27k. LBZs are ridiculous, because its the newest you can go without a DPF. If you are able to delete, the LML is the best there is currently in my opinion.
I just don't care for that body style at all. Prefer the classic body style
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 11:50 AM
John Deere Parts guy

Garage
In August I sold my very clean 2006 ccsb LBZ 122K miles for 24,500. It was fairly unmolested, egr blocked, tuned, exhaust, gauges. I started out ASKING 27,500 because of the history, how clean it was, and mostly untouched. Just because they ask that much, doesn't mean its worth it or that they will get it.

All depends what you plan to do with the truck too. If you're going to spend that much in upgrades, get the lower priced truck. If you're not going to be doing a ton of upgrades, and want to spend that much on the truck itself, do that. Its up to you as far as what you're wanting to do with the truck

Name: Matt
ASE Certified, former GM Parts guy
John Deere Parts guy

Play truck - 2002 LB7 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed

Daily Driver/Tow Rig - 2007 LBZ 2500HD Standard Cab Long Bed

SOLD2006 LBZ 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed
Traded:2002 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed
SOLD:2001 2500HD Ext. Cab Long Bed
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAXfirefighter View Post
In August I sold my very clean 2006 ccsb LBZ 122K miles for 24,500. It was fairly unmolested, egr blocked, tuned, exhaust, gauges. I started out ASKING 27,500 because of the history, how clean it was, and mostly untouched. Just because they ask that much, doesn't mean its worth it or that they will get it.
very true. My assumption would be that the lower mileage trucks would come off their price a little less than the higher mileage trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAXfirefighter View Post
All depends what you plan to do with the truck too. If you're going to spend that much in upgrades, get the lower priced truck. If you're not going to be doing a ton of upgrades, and want to spend that much on the truck itself, do that. Its up to you as far as what you're wanting to do with the truck
Really not planning on upgrades other than when something needs to be replaced. This would be a DD and weekend tow pig...pulling about 8500 pounds(Trailer, 5500 pound jeep and misc, gear).
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 01:19 PM

Even lb7 if you can find o e that has recently had the injectors replaced with paperwork I wouldn't be afraid to buy and those can be had for easily high to mid teens with around 150k

Ethan
2008 LMM CCSB LT2 4x4
ATP EFI Live
5" Magnaflow
DRP Blocker Plate
DRP PCV Reroute

2006 LBZ ECSB 4X4 - SOLD
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 01:52 PM

Buying an LBZ question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcDawg View Post
My question to all:

If you were buying a, new to you, LBZ and assuming the condition was basically the same would you pay $28K for a 100 - 140,000 mile truck or $22K for a 200K mile truck and spend the extra 6K on parts?

Thanks for your opinions.

If that were my only options I'd pay $6k more for the lower mileage one. But I'd have a hard time paying that for either.

2007 2500HD LBZ GMC Sierra Classic Crew Cab SLT 4WD
5" MBRP DP Back Exhaust
MBRP DP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode