WICH ONE TO BUY.. LML or LMM - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
General Discussion General Diesel Discussion.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

WICH ONE TO BUY.. LML or LMM

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. Ahead of time i appreciate the help and info but I'm stuck between to sales and which one to jump on. The first truck is an 08 LMM that is pristine. Guy has every maint. record and documented everything on this truck and looks like a brand new truck68,000 miles i got him at 32,500$. The second truck is an 12 LML 85,000. Very Nice but it was bought at an auction through an rv sales rep. Im worried that i may be getting skunked on this deal if i pulled the trigger. But it is very clean as well. Runs and drives just as should.and i got him at 33,000$... anything i should request... here is a link to both trucks

2008 duramax !! Crew cab 4wd leather GMC Sierra alt 69,000 miles
2012 Duramax

Thanks
Derek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 01:38 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Just looking at the pictures the LMM looks very clean and like its been taken care of. I would typically lean towards the newer truck but might make an exception here.

17 HC 2500 CCSB 4x4
14 LTZ 2500 CCSB 4x4 ..Sold..
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:40 AM

When you have a one owner truck that's clean with maintenance records that's something big. It's called pride of ownership. Not to mention lower miles. The LML is an unknown. The LMM in this case would appear the more reliable deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'd rather burn out then fade away" Pat MacNamara

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 04:32 AM

Its hard to ever tell something from poorly lit, small photos on craigslist. I would have to ask why the pics of the 2012 are vertical and from so far away with poor lighting. Then look at the pics of the 2008... up close poor lighting and in the garage with bad angles... who does that???

The real deal is in seeing and test driving the trucks- I would also ask if you can take it to an independent mechanic (of your choosing) to have a look at it. I have done this with many used vehicles and it has opened my eyes to problems I wasn't aware of upon initial inspection.

My $.02... The truck with the service records would likely have my attention more-so than the 'auction' truck for reasons already stated.. Good luck either way!

2016 Silverado 2500HD High Country Duramax
Totally stock, for now.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 07:34 AM

Id pay for a Carfax on both the trucks before making any decision.

IF there has been any major damage or airbag deployment it will show up on the Carfax. The Carfax will also list any service that has been preformed by any dealership or reputable shop.

I recently purchased an 08 2500HD LT with only 35000 miles on it for 29500. The LMM engine does have a DPF but no DEF like the LML engine. They also seem to have fewer maintenance issues. IMHO

Douglas
2008 SilveradoHD LT Diesel
Fass 95 Lift Pump, Nicktane Plate Fuel Filter Mount w/ Cat 306-9199 UHE fuel filter, AMP Research Bedstep, Futomo oil drain valve, Husky Bed Rail Caps.
Maurice, LA
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 07:42 AM

I would say the 08 for the reasons everyone else has stated above. That truck is basically in my backyard as I live about 15 minutes outside Bloomington. Let me know if I can help you out in anyway.

2006 Chevy CCLB 3500 SRW ATP Tuned, AirdogII 165, 3" DP, 4" Straight, Rerouted, Plugged, Bilstein 5100 all 4 corners, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, Z71 Jounce Bumpers, B&W Turnover Gooseneck, 285/75/17 Nitto G2 on H2 Wheels, 2-10" Rockford Fosgates behind back seat
2005 CCSB SOLD
2004.5 GMC CCSB SOLD
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 10:26 AM

If you plan on keeping it forever, I guess it doesn't matter. If you plan on trading it in the next few years, the 2012 will be worth much more on trade to any dealer.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I'm going to keep this truck for a long time... I went and looked at the 08 a few days ago... it's beyond clean. This morning I went and looked at the 12... it had been spray painted underneath and just gave me a sketchy vibe considering it booked for 40,000 and he only wanted 33,000.... he said I just want out of it... but I know the perks of the lml... but I'm looking for longevity and reliability...
Attached Images

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

I'm gonna pick up the 08 tomorrow!!!
lutzjk913 and sheepdog like this.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 01:52 PM

Nice! I think in the long run you'll be better off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'd rather burn out then fade away" Pat MacNamara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode