Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Odd hissing at idle

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  SouthCo 
#1 ·
I recently got EFI Live by idaho Rob installed on my LMM duramax. It currently has a 4" banks power dual exhaust (downpipe back). At idle i can hear the vanes working, but its not a steady and smooth hiss, it fluctuates. From what ive been reading, vane position sensors get pretty gunked up. Could this be the problem i am having? Heres a quick video of what she sounds like.

https://youtu.be/wGbLXxcisGo

#3 ·
Negative ghost rider. Just noticed it last night while i was cruising around. I could hear the vanes making that sound. Also, i got it tuned by a local guy, so i have no methods to data log myself which really sucks. I thought he would of done that already...

#4 ·
I'd take it to the fella that tuned it for ya

#6 ·
Update. The problem seemed to have fixed itself after about 45 mins of driving. But when the truck was turned off and settled for a half hour, the problem came back. I've also noticed that the throttle response is extremely sluggish. Almost as if there was MASSIVE turbo lag. Slow and weak acceleration, then BOOM, big boost of power... Any thoughts?

#7 ·
Typically when this happens a data log is captured and sent in for adjustment.
ATP (or any of the reputable tuners) don't charge for this.

Normally the 5 slots ar something like::
Cleaned up stock
Heavy tow 30hp
Light tow 80hp
Daily 90hp
Power 120hp

Other options are available though like 'valet', 'max effort', etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.